"Heavy Haulage through the years"

jsutherland:

DIG:
I saw those two Mammoet trucks again today Patrick similar loads as last week looks like their preferred truck here is Western Star,the camera person was a bit slow off the mark and only got the second she has been severely reprimanded.

Dig

A great picture DIG. Please pass on our thanks to the photographer.

Cheers DIG! Make sure to give the photographer a big thumbs up please :wink:

Inverness recently.
Oily

Great stuff Oily , Keep them rolling Regards Larry.

heavy_haulage-voss_international-20180227-martinuz41.jpg

heavy_haulage-welti_furrer-20180227-martinuz41.jpg
welti-furrer.ch/en/special-transports

Cheers to Oily and Herr Sutherland :wink:

Some pic’s of what I’ve been up to…

oiltreader:
Inverness recently.

Oily

That’s one impressive crane there. :laughing:

pv83:

Yes stay where you are Patrick a black jigger totally unsuitable here it would be like a micro wave oven on a warmish day but great pics.
Dig

jsutherland:
https://www.voss-international.com/

welti-furrer.ch/en/special-transports

Some large loads there Johnny nice pics.

Dig

oiltreader:
Inverness recently.
Oily

Good stuff Oily a few of those being assembled around here.
Dig

DIG:

pv83:

Yes stay where you are Patrick a black jigger totally unsuitable here it would be like a micro wave oven on a warmish day but great pics.
Dig

It’s already like a mirco wave up here DIG :laughing: :laughing:

[zb]
anorak:

oiltreader:
Inverness recently.0
Oily

That’s one impressive crane there. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Nicely spotted there Anorak! They maybe should rename the brand for english spoken countries… :wink:

Autocar, bit of the “great unknown” up here, but they seem to be tough little buggers… Maybe DIG knows a bit more about them?

17903555_1876944789248329_8580320867885010439_n.png

995646_1569707636638714_8254776485154753469_n.jpg

Nostalgic pic of the week…

pv83:

A cracking picture Mr Patrick.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

jsutherland:

pv83:

A cracking picture Mr Patrick.

Sent using Tapatalk.
Johnny

I agree Johnny and is that a real early model Leyland Super Hippo?

pv83:

I will do my best to to satisfy your thirst for Auto Car knowledge Patrick. I drove an Autocar pulling 3 single deck trailers on cattle for a short period one season in the late 70s,it was a similar model to the yellow with red stripes model 350 ■■■■■■■ 15speed R/R bogie drive 6 rod spring suspension Rockwell diffs butterfly bonnet chequer plate mud guards all round.
A quite rugged truck heavily built with little comfort but pretty unbreakable it used the same cab as the Diamond Reo of the day and like them the wiring was a bit flimsy prone to failure which I think was due to the load generated by multiple trailers.I hot wired the spot lights through a seperate switch after I had a total shut down of lights one night, apart from that it did the job.

This one must be 30plus years old and used to run into Darwin may still be doing it its a credit to the owner and has been upgraded quite a bit and has an Ice Pack remote A/c unit and a Ad Blue tank so may have entered the electronic age of Engines.
Double click for closer look.

Cheers Dig

DIG:

pv83:

I will do my best to to satisfy your thirst for Auto Car knowledge Patrick. I drove an Autocar pulling 3 single deck trailers on cattle for a short period one season in the late 70s,it was a similar model to the yellow with red stripes model 350 ■■■■■■■ 15speed R/R bogie drive 6 rod spring suspension Rockwell diffs butterfly bonnet chequer plate mud guards all round.
A quite rugged truck heavily built with little comfort but pretty unbreakable it used the same cab as the Diamond Reo of the day and like them the wiring was a bit flimsy prone to failure which I think was due to the load generated by multiple trailers.I hot wired the spot lights through a seperate switch after I had a total shut down of lights one night, apart from that it did the job.

This one must be 30plus years old and used to run into Darwin may still be doing it its a credit to the owner and has been upgraded quite a bit and has an Ice Pack remote A/c unit and a Ad Blue tank so may have entered the electronic age of Engines.
Double click for closer look.

Cheers Dig

That is a real beauty, Dig, but, knowing my love affair with frigos (not! :smiling_imp: ), I think I would have put that dog 3rd. :laughing: :laughing:

pv83:
Autocar, bit of the “great unknown” up here, but they seem to be tough little buggers… Maybe DIG knows a bit more about them?

I found this old pair canoodling keeping the British Yank relationship warm.
Autocar or Matador,Mat for me

Dig