Handballing stuff off truck

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
Bearing in mind that unlike you I never did ‘have to stop working’.

So you retired voluntarily? And you didn’t lose your licence? Still no answer

Which part of, I was working and was sacked as in termination of employment, on medical grounds, after refusing to hand ball loads, after they ended my final direct trunking job and this time sticking to my guns, didn’t you understand.
Where does the medical report which I provided say anything about loss of licence or any report of loss of licence notification.The clue is in the word ‘working’.
While ironically back/spinal issues are actually in the driver’s licence medical questionaire required to be filled in by the examining doctor as part of the D4.Which at the time, being under 45, obviously wasn’t an issue to me regardless. :unamused:

I have never driven for “The Union” When I went for a drivers job, the unions didnt sign my contract or change it without consultation, they couldnt, a union works for its members,

truckyboy:
where i delivered to Lidl…and they wanted me to off load myself…I refused and they told me to take it away…when i phoned the boss and told him, and he asked why, and when i told him he said, unload it and i will pay extra…come Friday…no extra ( was paid weekly ) so told him to poke his job, and i left there and then…his loss…his son offered to pay me from his own pocket, and i refused on principle.

Personally I’d take tipping myself at Lidl over sitting in a depressing waiting room at other stores for hours every single time. Of the big stores Lidl is my favourite to deliver to

Drivers are their own worse enemy, the companies supply electric pallet trucks and you get some ■■■■ says they have not been trained. I love to see their faces when they are handed a manual pallet truck.

I can think of a dozen places in Europe who give you a bay number and the keys to a powered pallet truck to load, cans, bottled water, stationery, biscuits and car parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheel Nut:
I have never driven for “The Union” When I went for a drivers job, the unions didnt sign my contract or change it without consultation, they couldnt, a union works for its members,

If the Union had ‘consulted us’ let alone balloted us ( which it didn’t ) then why would the muppet ( to put it politely ) Danny Bryan have needed to send out a letter after the fact telling us what he had actually AGREED to on our our behalf ?.We obviously would have known.
‘Consultation’ isn’t the same thing as the automatic individual right to say no/opt out of a collective union agreement anyway.Although no surprise that employers are happy to play the consultation and ballot issue card in the event of strike action being called.

Wheel Nut:
Drivers are their own worse enemy, the companies supply electric pallet trucks and you get some ■■■■ says they have not been trained. I love to see their faces when they are handed a manual pallet truck.

I can think of a dozen places in Europe who give you a bay number and the keys to a powered pallet truck to load, cans, bottled water, stationery, biscuits and car parts.

Don’t think there’s any issue with pallets v the implications of hand balled load injuries being sufficient to put someone out of the job with no possibility to claim for employers liability, industrial injuries benefit, or Incapacity/ESA benefit.
As I said I’m wondering if that retarded zbwit Danny Bryan actually realised what the zb was signing us/me up to.

pupsinc.homestead.com/big_brown … _sheet.htm

switchlogic:
Personally I’d take tipping myself at Lidl over sitting in a depressing waiting room at other stores for hours every single time. Of the big stores Lidl is my favourite to deliver to

Yeah right supermaket loading bays blocked by artics all being tipped loose loaded hand ball by the driver. :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
They are still advertising!

UPS Freight is hiring individuals to work as Part-Time Dockworkers, a physical position that involves moving freight into and out of trailers in a timely manner, by handling the freight manually, or using a forklift or hand truck. Forklift experience is not required but preferred.

Candidates must be at least 18 years of age, and must be able to read, write and speak the English language; must be physically and mentally able to safely perform the essential job functions without obvious risk of injury to the employee or co-workers.

Dockworkers must be able to work variable shifts that may consist of days, nights, and or weekends, and overtime hours as required by the Company.

abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/virginian….
Jan 26, 2021 · RICHMOND, Va. – UPS has reached an agreement to sell the Virginia-based UPS Freight to Canadian trucking giant TFI International for $800 million. Both companies announced their agreement in a statement Monday, saying the deal is expected to close in the second quarter of 2021 pending regulatory approvals.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Yeah right supermaket loading bays blocked by artics all being tipped loose loaded hand ball by the driver. :unamused:

Says the manchild who’s not driven a lorry in twenty years and clearly never delivered to a supermarket of any shape.

Try not to interrupt the grown ups talking about things you don’t know about Geoffrey, there there, have a nap maybe. Maybe I’ll tell you what ‘tipping myself at Lidl’ actually means when is grown ups say it if you’re good. Toddle off now.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

Which part of, I was working and was sacked as in termination of employment, on medical grounds, after refusing to hand ball loads, after they ended my final direct trunking job and this time sticking to my guns, didn’t you understand.
Where does the medical report which I provided say anything about loss of licence or any report of loss of licence notification.The clue is in the word ‘working’.
While ironically back/spinal issues are actually in the driver’s licence medical questionaire required to be filled in by the examining doctor as part of the D4.Which at the time, being under 45, obviously wasn’t an issue to me regardless. :unamused:

So you saw being sacked as the ending of your not only driving career but working life full stop? Yup I do find that ridiculously hard to understand, a man seemingly giving up on life at 40 or thereabouts to lead a life of leisure on the sofa. You didn’t even lose your licence, but you stopped doing a job you supposedly loved permanently? Yeah, sorry, just don’t get it. I clearly was brought up with a different work ethic. As you know I’ve been off sick a year after nearly dying and at this stage the idea I might never work again seems hilariously far fetched and very unlikely. Even if I never got my licence back, which unlike you has been revoked medically, I’d be find other ways to work and would happily work in a office if that’s all I could do. But as mentioned previously I’ve considered driving machines, diggers, harvesters (machines not restaurants), taxis if car licence returns but not HGV (was suffering a now better eyesight problem that would have finished by truck driving days but not car), and even started planning something I’ve long sort of dreamed about- a really good snack van.

I suppose I gave you the benefit of the doubt and thought there was a serious reason you’d given up but I was clearly very mistaken. You’re even more pathetic than I thought! :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

(Also worth noting before you claim I’ve no experience of ‘being sacked’ as is grimly predictable with you that despite the charmed life you seem to think I lead I have also been sacked, more than once, so probably more than you :smiley: That bloody elite club gold membership card really didn’t help sometimes :smiley: Unlike you I just dusted myself off and got on with life tho)

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

So you saw being sacked as the ending of your not only driving career but working life full stop? Yup I do find that ridiculously hard to understand, a man seemingly giving up on life at 40 or thereabouts to lead a life of leisure on the sofa. You didn’t even lose your licence, but you stopped doing a job you supposedly loved permanently? Yeah, sorry, just don’t get it. I clearly was brought up with a different work ethic. As you know I’ve been off sick a year after nearly dying and at this stage the idea I might never work again seems hilariously far fetched and very unlikely. Even if I never got my licence back, which unlike you has been revoked medically, I’d be find other ways to work and would happily work in a office if that’s all I could do. But as mentioned previously I’ve considered driving machines, diggers, harvesters (machines not restaurants), taxis if car licence returns but not HGV (was suffering a now better eyesight problem that would have finished by truck driving days but not car), and even started planning something I’ve long sort of dreamed about- a really good snack van.

I suppose I gave you the benefit of the doubt and thought there was a serious reason you’d given up but I was clearly very mistaken. You’re even more pathetic than I thought! :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

(Also worth noting before you claim I’ve no experience of ‘being sacked’ as is grimly predictable with you that despite the charmed life you seem to think I lead I have also been sacked, more than once, so probably more than you :smiley: That bloody elite club gold membership card really didn’t help sometimes :smiley: Unlike you I just dusted myself off and got on with life tho)

It’s not difficult to understand how being sacked would be no problem to someone whose face fits to the point where references and being asked for reason for leaving previous employment is automatically waived.Or for anyone for who putting a truck off the road just means automatic promotion rather than it being a career ending event.Sacked you don’t even know the meaning of the word.

If I felt that I was cut out to make the move from truck driver to office worker why would I have bothered to insure my own occupation against ill health.Or even bother with entering all the downsides of the vagaries of this erratic industry.Instead of just entering the clerical sector from day 1.

I did say that I personally hope you get back to the job.
However maybe karma won’t look so favourably on all the zb that you’ve been throwing around.
Then we’ll see how you fare if you find yourself given the choice of an office job or a few quid Universal Credit which they’ll stop soon enough if you don’t meet the grade of a career change.
Remind me what happened to your last attempt as an office clerk.Try telling the Jobcentre at that point that you’re planning to set up a snack van see what happens.Not so much a problem for me I get my pension in less than 4 years now.

I’ve actually been doing light driving work as and when it’s available.
The problem then being competing with loads of healthy much younger people for work who don’t want to drive trucks for justified reasons ( zb work the ‘experience’ barrier and face fits nepotism ) but who still expect Class 1 money to drive cars and moan because they can’t get it. :unamused:

You call yourself a driver.But you can’t understand how losing that career option on health grounds, would mean the preference for many of calling it a day at that point if at all possible.
Rather than be forced into an office for the rest of their working life having found school/college days and factory work suicidally intolerable.
It figures.

Carryfast:
UPS FACT SHEET

Wheel Nut:

Carryfast:
UPS FACT SHEET

I suppose dying of heat exhaustion tipping a trailer could be taken as his way of handing in his notice and walking away. :unamused: :frowning:

To be fair it’s a lot easier to walk away from any job and into another when you’re face fits well enough to get promotion for putting a truck off the road on its side in a ditch.Instead of being sacked with extreme prejudice. :wink:

FFS carryfast, stop yer ■■■■■■■ whinging and whining, feeling sorry for yourself and expecting every other ■■■■■■ to as well!!! I fell off my trailer on to concrete and gave me noggin a hefty crack, ending up with BPPV (look it up). After 14 months off work I thought I’d be all right to go back so ended up doing locals on a rigid. That gave me more trouble so I packed it in and on doctors advice I told the authorities and had my HC class (class one to you) licence taken away in 2006. I still suffer with BPPV, but do I get on here complaining about it and telling stories about how I’ve been so badly treated? No I don’t. I’m 73 and would like to work again, but I know I won’t and I don’t think the whole world’s against me because of it. Oh I forgot to mention that I have since 1990, had arthritis in my lumbar spine with severe narrowing of the disc spaces and the same in my cervical spine. You and me are just two of the many hundreds of thousands of people that have disabilities, a great many a lot worse, but most of us don’t carry on like you! Nobody likes a whinger so why don’t you just shut the ■■■■ up, we’re all sick of it.

Oh Carryfast

Blah blah blah, excuses excuses excuses.

Carryfast:
Sacked you don’t even know the meaning of the word.

I know in your head you’ve created this golden life for me but overall I’ve been sacked 3 times and laid off twice after companies went bust. Though I worked for three companies that went popped I jumped before I was pushed in one. Well HSF too, I was one of the last Brits standing at HSF when they replaced us all with Polish double man teams. That’s golden life of mine again :smiley: How many times have you lost your job against your will exactly?

Carryfast:
However maybe karma won’t look so favourably on all the zb that you’ve been throwing around.
Then we’ll see how you fare if you find yourself given the choice of an office job or a few quid Universal Credit

I know in this golden fictional life you’ve created for me it’s just been walking from one golden opportunity to another but since you seem forgetful I’ll remind you how I’ve probably faced adversity and a fight to pick myself up again the likes of which you’ve never come close to experiencing. This time last year I was in a coma, after being flown to hospital dying. My family were informed I was most likely going to die, the police drove my sister to Cardiff hospital at insane speeds so I wouldn’t die alone. But, somehow I survived and work up nearly a month later from a coma, I’d broken my back, my neck, dislocated a shoulder, fractured my arm, cracked the other shoulder blade, fed up my stomach and disgestive system, smashed my rib cage so badly it’s now mostly metal, and suffered a collapsed lung and had a leaky heart valve and could only see out of one eye not to mention losing the ability to walk, no doctor could tell if permanent or not, and being so weak and frail I had to call a nurse to move me in bed as I could not do it myself. I had been suffering other long running stomach problems and only had a operation 4 weeks before the crash. In total by time I woke up in space of the previous year I had lost half my body weight, 45kg. More than one of which issues could have finished off the career I’d dreamed about since I was 5. I was discharged from hospital way before I was ready as covid patients had started arriving. In my last two days I developed covid symptoms and had to have a test, waiting for the results of what would be a death sentence the state I was in was most terrifying two days of my entire life. But I was ok, I got to go home, well mums, where I had to be carried upstairs by my Dad and sister. I then spent several ore weeks in agonising pain that would keep me up at night, I was looked after by my mum and sister (my Mum having to deal with things like I was a baby again) but I struggled on and over a few weeks put myself back together and learned to walk again. Somehow thanks to family I’ve retained my mental health. I know you’ll just dismiss all this and claim, I dunno that you twisted your ankle once and that was way worse…being the drama Queen you are. But yeah karma? A blessed life you’ve written for me? You’re just a very stupid man desperately try to justify fing up his own life. And it’s all about you and your moaning. Plenty of people have great enjoyable careers on parcels, for supermarkets, driving vans etc. It’s you that’s being negative about your own life, not me. So yeah, does that sound like I’d give up working for a bad back? Yeah, not at all likely. You didn’t even need to do office work you still had your licence FFS :smiley:

I’ve not for a second felt self pity, I could, the crash was my fault (watch this become CFs favourite topic :smiley: ) and it’s brought my life to a juddering halt, but pity? Nah, what’s the point. Too much life to be getting on with to feel sorry for myself. If it’s taught me anything, and it’s been a great lesson, it’s that any day you wake in your own bed than you can get out of without help is a fing great day. The various fk ups also make for great stories to bore people with, and god I can see it now, I’ll be as big a bore as you at this rate :smiley: It’s comical how I’m the happy upbeat one and you with your bad back think the world is against you! :smiley: The only time I ever feel down is to think of all the emotional pain I put my poor family and friends through, but especially my parents, a few short years after they/we lost my brother. That bloody charmed life of mine again :smiley:

Bad karma? How would I ever cope :smiley:

Carryfast:
Remind me what happened to your last attempt as an office clerk.

Remind you? Again? It’s barely several posts back on the same thread :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(Also that was one of the sackings to my infinite regret) Have you seen the doctor about your memory problems and confusion?

Carryfast:
You call yourself a driver.But you can’t understand how losing that career option on health grounds

Yup, because I am, with vastly more experience of the job than you. And you didn’t ‘lose’ that career option, you lost one single job but retained your licence. What I can’t understand how you simply gave up so easily? We’re just very different chap, I’ve a much stronger work ethic than you, it’s that simple, and to add for the twentieth time I don’t see me as the unusual one, people go through what I’ve been through and much much worse all the time and pick themselves up, you seem a more unusual case than me. You don’t seem to want to work at all, and you didn’t, so just accept the choices that you made and stop f***ing whinging constantly. Trust me you’re going come to regret all this nonsense and negativity when you’re facing death

Waits for the next stream of poor me self pity to land. :smiley:

peterm:
FFS carryfast, stop yer [zb] whinging and whining, feeling sorry for yourself and expecting every other [zb] to as well!!! I fell off my trailer on to concrete and gave me noggin a hefty crack, ending up with BPPV (look it up). After 14 months off work I thought I’d be all right to go back so ended up doing locals on a rigid. That gave me more trouble so I packed it in and on doctors advice I told the authorities and had my HC class (class one to you) licence taken away in 2006. I still suffer with BPPV, but do I get on here complaining about it and telling stories about how I’ve been so badly treated? No I don’t. I’m 73 and would like to work again, but I know I won’t and I don’t think the whole world’s against me because of it. Oh I forgot to mention that I have since 1990, had arthritis in my lumbar spine with severe narrowing of the disc spaces and the same in my cervical spine. You and me are just two of the many hundreds of thousands of people that have disabilities, a great many a lot worse, but most of us don’t carry on like you! Nobody likes a whinger so why don’t you just shut the [zb] up, we’re all sick of it.

As opposed to your and switchlogic’s contribution to the OP’s issue do whatever the boss or customer says even if it includes crippling you with a career ending injury with no recourse and no I’m not talking about a bit of arthuritis. :unamused:

Bearing in mind that showing such willingness might make the difference between being sacked v promotion for anyone who has a tendency of crashing in a big way and showing that willingness on someone else’s behalf is the best way of making sure that you yourself will be exempted from it.

No problem if your spine lets go just start up a snack van business.

Yes the OP is probably sick of switchlogic’s zb. :unamused:

1. Ask employee (idealy transport mananger) to sign and print a form which you can keep in the cab, saying," Company ■■■ and myself, jointly and severaly indemnify Mr. ■■■ for any losss ot injury however caused. Tell them it is just a formality for the insurers.

2. Wear dungarees or braces to hold your trousers up, rather than a belt which resticts ability to lift safely.

Optimum:

1. Ask employee (idealy transport mananger) to sign and print a form which you can keep in the cab, saying," Company ■■■ and myself, jointly and severaly indemnify Mr. ■■■ for any losss ot injury however caused. Tell them it is just a formality for the insurers.

2. Wear dungarees or braces to hold your trousers up, rather than a belt which resticts ability to lift safely.

Spinal back belts are actually used to supposedly prevent spinal injuries such as weightlifters use.

In the real world nothing will stop the physics of a load held by the arms being transferred as a compressive load through the spine to the leg muscles and bone structure.

The useless squelchy tissue that forms the discs being the weakest link in the chain and the compressive load being what does the damage.

worksafe.vic.gov.au/back-bel … k-injuries

The issue is about just avoiding/refusing any order to manually handle truck loads.
Not listening to old wives tales about how best to do it with inevitable results.

It’s the firm’s employers’ liability insurer that words the policy document not the employer.No one including the government is going to cover unidentifiable unrecognised ■■■■■■■■■■ spinal compression injuries caused by manual handling.’
Tell the customer and the employer to use mechanical handling or employ sufficient labouring staff to share the load and to not use the driver as a labourer.
It’s that simple.