Fodens.

5thwheel:

windrush:

You can see the cab/axle set up on the eight wheelers, very different to the tractor units. I’m assuming it had a large ■■■■■■■ engine fitted, they were certainly an option at that time.

Pete.

It’s got a Gardner badge on the front Pete!

David

I was referring to the engine in that tractor unit actually David. :wink:

Pete.

windrush:

coomsey:

DEANB:
:unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I thought you two would like that advert. :wink:

Edgar’s toying with ringing the emergency number, but he might just leave it to develop !

That ERF in B.J Waters livery next to Edgar’s Foden was owned by our old club secretary until a couple of years ago. It was ex Knight Brothers of Rowsley when new. Edgar Wain’s Foden is awaiting restoration now, it originally had a DG type cab but Edgar did a few modifications to it over the years! I remember it running around the West Midlands area, I’m surprised that it is worn out already though, maybe he should have bought a Volvo back in 1950 instead? :laughing:

Pete.

You’re getting a bit naughty now Pete ! I saw her on F B just recent n yes she’s getting a refurb,a lick of paint n an oil change n she’ll be good as new,bit like those 6yr old Volvos :laughing:

coomsey:

windrush:

coomsey:

DEANB:
:unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I thought you two would like that advert. :wink:

Edgar’s toying with ringing the emergency number, but he might just leave it to develop !

That ERF in B.J Waters livery next to Edgar’s Foden was owned by our old club secretary until a couple of years ago. It was ex Knight Brothers of Rowsley when new. Edgar Wain’s Foden is awaiting restoration now, it originally had a DG type cab but Edgar did a few modifications to it over the years! I remember it running around the West Midlands area, I’m surprised that it is worn out already though, maybe he should have bought a Volvo back in 1950 instead? :laughing:

Pete.

You’re getting a bit naughty now Pete ! I saw her on F B just recent n yes she’s getting a refurb,a lick of paint n an oil change n she’ll be good as new,bit like those 6yr old Volvos :laughing:

You are a wrong un “coomsey” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Now “coomsey”, “windrush”, “Punchydan” and any other Foden fans i am gonna post without doubt the rarest brochure ever posted on trucknet
later. Well thats if our man Paul Gee comes up with some info i have asked for which i am sure he will. :wink:

For about 5yr then you’re like the chassis delivery men ,cabless :unamused:

Here you are Dean :unamused:

FB_IMG_1578655315897.jpg
Ready to rock n roll , nice n easy on the corners please !!

Recently, bit of elbow grease n she’ll be up n running nmp

FB_IMG_1578664326622.jpg

In better health here coomsey, 1991 at a Crick Rally, caption states it started life as a tanker.
Oily

oiltreader:
In better health here coomsey, 1991 at a Crick Rally, caption states it started life as a tanker.
Oily

She’d be alright on local work

A 8yr old 88 ,taken at garage 85 , waiting for Isopon delivery

I don’t think the Isopon man ever turned up to Granville Morris’s Volvo, it’s recently disappeared from the yard at Penistone. does anyone know whether it went for scrap, or did someone get it for parts?

coomsey:

oiltreader:
Oily

Thats nasty coomsey ,must have been sat there along time ! :cry:

DEANB:

coomsey:

oiltreader:
Oily

About 3months Dean, the driver couldn’t stand the draught, whereas the Foden man might have put a pullover on.
We thought heaters were for poofs :laughing:

coomsey:

DEANB:

coomsey:

oiltreader:
Oily

About 3months Dean, the driver couldn’t stand the draught, whereas the Foden man might have put a pullover on.
We thought heaters were for poofs :laughing:

Always amazed me why the F88 suffered badly with rust when you think of the conditions they worked in,in Sweden.
I can only asume they used much better steel than the Irvine plant.

Mind you these two Fodens “coomsey” you would have needed more than a pullover chap ! :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

foden rusty.jpg

foden rusty1.jpg

fodenway:
I don’t think the Isopon man ever turned up to Granville Morris’s Volvo, it’s recently disappeared from the yard at Penistone. does anyone know whether it went for scrap, or did someone get it for parts?

Parts? :open_mouth: Well at least the Swedes knew how to make glass that didn’t rust! :unamused:

Pete.

Foden 4000.

Click on pages twice.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It was a decent cab but I spent 10+ years in the previous version with no complaints about legroom and I’m 6’ 4"" tall… I actually prefered the floor mounted brake pedal as when feathering the pedal on a paver (especially if facing downhill) it made my ankle ache being cocked up in the air for several minutes, however they changed the shape of the pedal once again after a few years which made it a lot better. I never had a problem with the cable gearchange though, I had four Fodens fitted with it and they were all light and easy to use once the initial stiffness when new of the Fuller gearbox itself had eased which usually took about a month. Keep the cables well lubed and the lever pivot under the cab greased regularly and they were fine.

Pete.

windrush:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
It was a decent cab but I spent 10+ years in the previous version with no complaints about legroom and I’m 6’ 4"" tall… I actually prefered the floor mounted brake pedal as when feathering the pedal on a paver (especially if facing downhill) it made my ankle ache being cocked up in the air for several minutes, however they changed the shape of the pedal once again after a few years which made it a lot better. I never had a problem with the cable gearchange though, I had four Fodens fitted with it and they were all light and easy to use once the initial stiffness when new of the Fuller gearbox itself had eased which usually took about a month. Keep the cables well lubed and the lever pivot under the cab greased regularly and they were fine.

Pete.

No cables on Erfs and Alphas :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Topping up !