Flour Millers

Have a look at these mate! :smiley:

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=49856&hilit=cranfields

I have a limited number of Allied Mills pictures, as my Dad drove for them out of Seaforth Mill for over twenty years as well as a very short spell at H&R Ainscough. I have a few of Seaforth wagons, some of H&R Ainscough and a small selection of Snodgrass, Chancelot Mill, Healings and Tilbury.

Have you got any Allied Mills pictures already?? Incidentally, VitBe was an Allied Bakeries tradename for bread and was advertised on Allied Mills tanks up to the late 80s/early 90s, in much the same way as Harvester bread - the flour blends for which were initially milled by ABF (Allied Mills).

One of Spillers to be going on with

tonyhogi:
Hi Flourpower , welcome to trucknet -have you tried this site andyslorryphotosite.fotopic.net/
Hope this helps :wink: Tony.

Hi thanks for the welcome yes its a good site and i have had many photos off Andy a good chap another good fella is grant from Truck-photos cheers.

diesel dan:
hi flourpower.
i served my mechanics apprenticeship at whitworths flour mill in wellingborough.i have found several picts in the book ON THE MOVE i will have to post them one at a time as i dont know how to post more than one pit at a time.

these tk bedfords belonged to whitworth holdings at victoria mills
cheers diesel

Hi diesel dan i was a apprentice mechanic at healings flour mill and stayed for a total of 16years until the place shut in 2006.Great photos and words just what i was looking for cheers Flourpower.

Sniffy:
One of Spillers to be going on with

Hi Sniffy great stuff keep them coming just what i am after thanks Flourpower

marky:
I have a limited number of Allied Mills pictures, as my Dad drove for them out of Seaforth Mill for over twenty years as well as a very short spell at H&R Ainscough. I have a few of Seaforth wagons, some of H&R Ainscough and a small selection of Snodgrass, Chancelot Mill, Healings and Tilbury.

Have you got any Allied Mills pictures already?? Incidentally, VitBe was an Allied Bakeries tradename for bread and was advertised on Allied Mills tanks up to the late 80s/early 90s, in much the same way as Harvester bread - the flour blends for which were initially milled by ABF (Allied Mills).

Hi Marky my dad drove for healings and i was a mechanic there i do have photos of allied mills which include healings,snodgrass,chancelot,cranfields,sugdens,ainscough,william kings,tilbury,kings mill knottingly,yorkshire ideal,coxeslock,edwards if you would like any or we could do some swaps if you wish i would love to see your photos please cheers Flourpower.

FLOURPOWER:
Hi can anyone help me please i am looking for any photos of flour miller fleets from past and present flour millers which inculde all the millers that made up Allied mills eg E J COOMBES,S HEALING&SON,J REYNOLDS,SUGDENS.WILLIAM KINGS,RANKINS,CHANCELOT MILL,CRANFIELDS,VITBE FLOUR MILLS,H&R AINSCOUGH,ALLIED MILLS TILBURY,COXES LOCK,YORKSHIRE IDEAL,FAIRCLOUGHS,AIZLEWOODS,J.B THOMPSON HULL,S EDWARDS,SOVERIGN MILL CORBY,KINGS MILL,J&R SNODGRASS,NEILLS BELFAST,SUMNER,ALLIED MILLS MANCHESTER.Plus any other millers eg HEYGATES,CLARK&BUTCHER,NELSTROPS,BRADSHAWS,BOWMANS,GREENS,RANK HOVIS,RANKS,HOVIS,SPILLERS,J.W FRENCH,WILSON KING,VERNONS,CO OP,ADM,WHITWORTHS BROS/[zb] PRODUCTS,READ WOODROW,WRIGHTS,TIMMS,CARRS,HUTCHINSONS,A&A PEATE,SHIPTON MILL,PRIDAY METFORDS,F.W.P MATTHEWS,ROBBINS&POWERS,ANDREWS BELFAST,C.S DICKINSON,JOHN DARLING,H.COHEN,T.S&D THIRSK,F.R THOMPSTONE&SONS,A.H ALLEN,STALHAM FLOUR MILLS NORFOLK,FRENLITE FLOUR,JORDONS FLOUR,PLEDGES FLOUR,JAMES NUTTER,MARRIAGES,WILLIAM SIMMONS,BE RO,BOTLEY FLOUR MILLS,DUFFIELDS,C.W.S,WILTSHIRE FLOUR,READS OF NORWICH,MARSTONS,MARK MAYHEW,MAIZECOR,CANNON&GAZE,PARTRIDGE AVON MILLS PLUS any more anybody can think of.

Thanks Flourpower.

Have you checked out the book “Milled from Golden Fields” by Graham Edge ? It’s a very good book on the history of milling and transport in this country, with hundreds of photos of millers lorries from the early days right up to the present century. It’s available from Nynehead books, or MDS at Glossop, or order it from any good bookshop.

hi flourpower.
this photo was taken a LITTLE bit before my time at whitworths.

it must have been in the early 1900 as horse power was giving way to steam. the mill is still there, when i started work there in 1956 the mill was still powered by steam engines.
cheers diesel

hi flourpower.
here is a photo of one of whitworths steamers.

my grandfather used to drive one of these, it use to take all day to drive to leicester and back.on the way back they had to stop at the pub at the bottom of clack hill in market harborough, to fill up with water and build up a full head of steam, of coarse it would have been rude not to have a pint or three to slake their thirst!

Hi diesel dan great whitworths photos love the old time photos can smell the steam!!!cheers flour power.

hi flourpower.
another old photo of whitworths truck

they used to train loads delivering grain
cheers diesel

Some more modern vehicles

A couple more to help in your quest,

Hi Sniffy,great photos the allied mills one is taken at Healings flour mill Tewkesbury i used to work on this outfit the tank was a twin compartment so two types of flour could be carried at once for one customer or two smaller customers on one trip in the same area.My dad used to drive the unit on shift work before it had a easier life with this tank on days.
cheers flourpower.

Sniffy:
A couple more to help in your quest,

Hi This photo sorry about quality :blush: is of an ERF of Healing s flour mills Tewkesbury from around 1982-83. Allied Mills Ltd

That registration suggests it was originally destined to be either a Seaforth or Ainscough’s wagon.

Another Allied Mills nomad…

I remember this one Dave scrivins drove this one then steve ide after he passed his class 1 then it ended up as yard shunter i used it for bringing in trailers for service it had a ■■■■■■■ 14ltr it ended up at a worcester paintshop IJF shunting trailers around i think its still there.

Hodgy67:

Hi This photo sorry about quality :blush: is of an ERF of Healing s flour mills Tewkesbury from around 1982-83. Allied Mills Ltd

FLOURPOWER:
I remember this one Dave scrivins drove this one then steve ide after he passed his class 1 then it ended up as yard shunter i used it for bringing in trailers for service it had a ■■■■■■■ 14ltr it ended up at a worcester paintshop IJF shunting trailers around i think its still there.

Hodgy67:

Remember Scrivo well i used to go out on runs with him when younger.

Hi Chaps,spotted a couple of Nelstrops flour photos on NORTHWEST TRUCKS FOTOPIC site taken by a chap called MIKE MULRANEY does anyone know him or have contact details for him please?cheers Flourpower