Feedback Forum

onesock:
This is a commercial site (.co.uk). It is here to make money out of you. I’m losing interest, just waiting for Jan 19th and then I will review .

Interesting… if you can tell me how we have made money out of you… will pass it onto the sales team cos I am pretty sure we haven’t made money out of you yet

AndieHyde:
Phyrexia is an artificial plane of mechanical and biomechanical “life”, an ecosystem comprised of metal, death, and tissue. A hellish world with an accelerated evolution of artifact creatures. The symbol that represents Phyrexia is a circle-and-vertical-bar, reminiscent of the greek letter phi.

As a yet unnamed plane, Phyrexia was created by an ancient evil planeswalker. [3]Little is known of him, aside from the fact that he was a humanoid that preferred to assume the form of a dragon: he died just a month before Yagwmoth was transported to Phyrexia.

Every day is a learning day…

Sound’s like the land of autonomous trucks :laughing:

I know right!!!

Looks like the planeswalker is also the custodian of the ability to make things cold…

As this is a learning site, what I would like to know is -

What happens on 19th Jan? Do we all become Phyrexic? (Might be spelt wrong - sorry :smiley: )

If so, can someone please let me have a new brain too as mine won’t keep up

O.K.
Enough flights into fantasy and back to topic.
Please take the time to read Rikkis “Another year has gone by” in the PDF.
It would appear that the site is holding it own, and this due to 3 things each dependent on each other.

1. Content.
  2. Administration.
  3. Sponsership.

Without content there is no traffic and therefore no revenue so the people who fund this, no insentive to keep doing that. This is where the administration has the thankless task of keeping the content fair in order to maximise the traffic and keep the loop going round.

A forum for truck drivers is never going to have Mark Zuccerberg scared for his market share, but it does fill a need amongst its users. US, the creators of the content.

Amongst any group of people, there will be conflicts. But I look at it this way, I am also guilty of posting “random crap” (see above) which is against forum rules, but always without ill intent. I would not say anything on this forum that I wouldnt say to your face and in fairness to the mods, they do keep a peace of sorts.

I know it’s fun to have a shot at a troll once in a while, but that gives them the oxygen that supports life, so, ultimately the choice is up to US as a collective “community” to say, do we want these types in the village?

Meanie - you could, at least, have answered the question

good_friend:
Meanie - you could, at least, have answered the question

I wouldnt have a clue as to what will happen on the 19th, my suggestion to make money out of him would be to grind him up and mint a coin out of anything “precious”

Bah,boom,tish.

I’m here all week.

Captain Caveman 76:

The-Snowman:
Ive long since felt that internet trolls are actually to be pitted.

Now now, we’ll have none of that fruity language on here you prune!

Mods, MODS, Im being bullied. I thought this was a safe space, free from abuse, mocking and insults

man-crying.jpg

As Andie says it’s all about the content, unique content is the holy grail.

Keeping things fresh, relative, current, intriguing even raising questions helps not only maintain a forums relevance and popularity but also helps attract new members. Oh a tiny squirt of whimsical ■■■■ never hurts.
Whatever Google’s algorithm du jour is, UC is always a major part.

The key is discussions that not only make current posters want to contribute but also attract new viewers to join and better still stick around.

Having a natural capture area of the newbie section helps but also the old timers part who have knowledge/experience that money can’t buy.

Cliques have been mentioned but in reality regulars have thrashed out many issues before, we know where each other stands and respect their views. We also know how to push each others buttons a bit.

Controversial topics are good but the platform has to be right, too sterile and new posters will be put off in the same way as a free for all will definately put off those valued new members who want to contribute rather than just troll.

Anyway I’m not here to change your opinion I’m here to make you all better lovers…

Must dash as there’s a Phyrexian fembot party next door…

I see the first casualty of Rikki’s clampdown has been culled, after an apparent pop at poor old dozy. :smiley:
Never got a chance to see it, but it must have been more malicious than good natured to get booted I would like to think.

Also this thing about ‘cliques’ on here, that has been mentioned a few times, and the guys who have been criticising them…
It’s a facet of human nature I reckon.
You get cliques in any walk of life, at school, …the cool lads who always sat at the back of the bus, then the wet swot clique who always had their homework in on time , who the cool clique always managed to get all the right answers off, because the swots always wanted to be in on our clique. :smiley:

Pubs have their cliques, factories, transport firms, lads who go to the match etc etc, so why should a forum for drivers be any different?
Bearing that in mind, the human nature thing, …why would anybody criticise it, unless of course there was some sort of belittlement, victimising or on line bullying going on.
(Christ :unamused: , just remembered I was accused of that on here by one star :unamused: , but was exonerated by one of the mods, thankfully and rightly so)

So really I can’t see the problem, and afaik the owner and the mods have no problem with it… as long as the previous unpleasant aspects do not prevail of course.
So how many cliques are there on here, and to those that have complained, what is the problem with it.
Not sure if I’m included in any by any members opinions, but I will say that I have about half a dozen or so favourite posters that I often get in conversation with, but as I said, that is what a forum is for is it not?

Any thoughts on that anybody.?

All forums have their cliques and this is no different. As long as no one clique gets the upperhand I don’t see a problem.

Personally I don’t think the present troll epidemic has been handled well by admin; not quick or active enough for my liking. I trust now that the situation will improve although that doesn’t stop members, like myself, from taking it in hand themselves and dumping them all in the troll bucket.

I’m not one of the most active members on here but I do feel that, wether you post once a year or 1000 times a week, you are allowed to have your say and others are allowed to disagree in equal proportion.

robroy:
I see the first casualty of Rikki’s clampdown has been culled, after an apparent pop at poor old dozy. :smiley:

Snip…

Rumours about my demise are greatly exaggerated.

Stanley Knife:
…, wether you post once a year or 1000 times a week, you are allowed to have your say and others are allowed to disagree in equal proportion.

This is the whole idea, and you have it exactly!

People can say whatever they like as long as it’s within the forum rules.

It’s not rocket science!! :smiley:

Dipper_Dave:
Controversial topics are good but the platform has to be right, too sterile and new posters will be put off in the same way as a free for all will definately put off those valued new members who want to contribute rather than just troll.

IMHO, another excellent point.

Striking the balance can be challenging sometimes, because it’s only fair that something might not be what it at first seems to be, so it has to be given a chance.

Cue those who say that we take too slack an approach, which might be a fair point.

==========================

On the other hand, we might jump to a conclusion too quickly.

Cue those who say that we go about in jackboots and stamping on anything remotely humorous, which might also be a fair point.

==========================

In trying to please both of those camps who hold equally valid points of view, we have to take a middle line.

Therefore… those who have had their posting privileges ‘adjusted’ really don’t have any room for complaint.

Rikki-UK:

onesock:
This is a commercial site (.co.uk). It is here to make money out of you. I’m losing interest, just waiting for Jan 19th and then I will review .

Interesting… if you can tell me how we have made money out of you… will pass it onto the sales team cos I am pretty sure we haven’t made money out of you yet

Can you honestly say that you have never received a penny from this company ? Your’e sure you haven’t made any money out of me YET. So you haven’t quite got round to it then, but you probably will if you get half a chance. Sites which make no money are usually .org. while .co.uk & .com are companies. Your recent new year post stated that you had made a profit.

onesock:
Sites which make no money are usually .org. while .co.uk & .com are companies.

The extention at the end of a web address more often than not means very little to do with the actual company running the site and is not a good basis to go on when figuring out if a company is profit making or not

The-Snowman:

onesock:

The extention at the end of a web address more often than not means very little to do with the actual company running the site and is not a good basis to go on when figuring out if a company is profit making or not

Then why is it put there ?

onesock:

The-Snowman:

onesock:

Then why is it put there ?

Probably for the reasons you originally gave but there are no checks in place to make sure a .biz is actually a business or even that a .co.uk is based in the UK. Anyone can buy any extention they wish for their domain name and .com and .co.uk are the strongest fro ranking purposes and by far the most common so most websites will pick these two first

The-Snowman:

onesock:

Rubbish

good_friend:
As this is a learning site, what I would like to know is -

What happens on 19th Jan? Do we all become Phyrexic? (Might be spelt wrong - sorry :smiley: )

If so, can someone please let me have a new brain too as mine won’t keep up

See the post “M6 tonight” or read the posts of Boss Hogg. Sentencing of the killer is scheduled to take place on 19th January 2018 by Judge Peter Davies. It’s a long thread and goes all the way back to February 2016. (yes 2016).-------- correction and apologies---- the original post was by Robroy. If you manage to read the whole thread I am sure many would like to hear your comment(s). You don’t need a new brain. The thread has been dormant since before christmas and is not in the fore-front at the mo.