Experienced driver first time over the water

aye times change BT :smiley: …the main problem in my post was before I got to stanraer I had done a days delivering and reload lurgan/bangor before starting a new card for the uk rounder …the good auld days my arse hehe. :laughing: :wink:

nomiS36:
4 drops in 2 days!!! I’ve done 10 today!

Sure it beats having to work for a living,
nice carvery and couple of pints here in The Stockyard with a fellow McCulla “bluffer” and now time for bed!!![emoji41]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

JIMBO47:
aye times change BT :smiley: …the main problem in my post was before I got to stanraer I had done a days delivering and reload lurgan/bangor before starting a new card for the uk rounder …the good auld days my arse hehe. [emoji38] :wink:

That was before the days of Redbull etc Jimbo,
I was only a young cub back then!!![emoji28]

Big Truck:

nomiS36:
4 drops in 2 days!!! I’ve done 10 today!

Sure it beats having to work for a living,
nice carvery and couple of pints here in The Stockyard with a fellow McCulla “bluffer” and now time for bed!!![emoji41]

humph [emoji36] not fair the best truck stop is only about 20 mins from the stables. I’ve only ever had breakfast there when blagging some Saturday morning overtime dropping trailers into pullmans at maltby in a previous job.

Lads we bita help was reading threw forums etc there but insure, from i got on the boat (belfast stena) n put onto break i got 2hr 45mins break, if i was waiting cueing for the boat could i of went on ferry mode an got the 3 hours up to use this as a split daily rest??

No. Split rest has to be at least 3 hours then 8.

You should have put it on ferry mode when waiting so the 2.45 and what you get on the boat is alright as a normal daily rest because you’re allowed to interrupt it for 30 mins to get on the boat.

Sorry i meant the 2.45 was the break which i got during the crossing, but if i was cueing half hour waiting on boat to come on ferry mode would that class then as a 3 hour rest to be used against daily rest■■?

Oh I see. I’m not sure but I don’t see why not. Split rest is 3 hours then 9 by the way, not 8 as I said before [emoji10]

When I was doing Ireland last year we used the seatruck crossing from Liverpool to Dublin then the warrenpoint to heysham crossings which take about 8 hours. I was usually on break in Liverpool for about 6 hours waiting and even longer at warrenpoint so I never had a problem getting a daily rest in but using ferry mode. [emoji16]

Yeah, im usure as iv red alot of different posts but am unsure and can get an answer of any of them either!

It’s Wednesday now so I wouldn’t be too bothered about reducing if I were you or have you used 2 already?

No i was only out yesterday im fine , just curious for when i get the ferry again incase i do have to use it.

Ah ok. I always put it on ferry mode when I got to the docks then when on the boat used ferry mode again. I don’t see why having a 30 then a ferry movement then a 2.45 then a 9 rest wouldn’t count as a reduction but I don’t really know for sure. Messy though…

barry292028:
Sorry i meant the 2.45 was the break which i got during the crossing, but if i was cueing half hour waiting on boat to come on ferry mode would that class then as a 3 hour rest to be used against daily rest■■?

Do you stop and take another 8h 15mins rest+ shunt driving minutes when you came off boat!!!

I’ve a feeling you’ve made a balls-up ref using ferry mode!!!
If you hit the ferry mode button twice on/off boat you’ve got 1hour to get on boat AND get off (“shunt”) and find somewhere to park for daily rest.
You must have a total 11hrs (includes time on boat tacho to bed)
Plus add on the shunt time to rest IE 12hrs total rest will be needed if you used the full 1hr shunt time!!!

You only use ferry mode as part of your daily rest NOT every time on boat!!!

nomiS36:
No. Split rest has to be at least 3 hours then 8.

WRONG!!!

Split rest is 3hrs rest then 9hrs rest.

No no i havent used ferry mode yet but just wondering what way it works if i ever do usr it to split my rest.

barry292028:
No no i havent used ferry mode yet but just wondering what way it works if i ever do usr it to split my rest.

Have a read of my edited post above.[emoji6]

barry292028:

Don’t confuse “split rest” with “ferry mode” as totally different!!!

If i can get say 15 mins break waiting to get on to boat then using ferry mode get onto boat then get a break of 2hrs 45 on the boat! In total this makes 3 hours break, could i use this then towards my daily rest meaning then at the end of the day 9 hours would do me?? Maybe im talkin nonsense; jus trying to work this out.