Experienced driver first time over the water

We get paid 12hrs everyday we work even if we work only 10 which is a rarety! But most days your over 12hours ! 2 days last week 14 hrs 30 and 1 day 13hours 30mins. Pay stops at 12hours!

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I worked at DHL Tradeteam on pay like that, paid 10hr days “Because sometimes its lower and other times its higher but it evens out”

Well I stuck at it for nearly 3mths before leaving and in that time I would be surprised if i did more then 3 shifts under 10hr and the rest 12-13hr.

The boys on “locals”@ Sawyers exactly the same BUT if they go over 12hrs by a silly amount they do tend to get a shorter shift than 12 that same week to compensate so I’m informed.

barry292028:
We get paid 12hrs everyday we work even if we work only 10 which is a rarety! But most days your over 12hours ! 2 days last week 14 hrs 30 and 1 day 13hours 30mins. Pay stops at 12hours!

So last week you worked nearly a full day for nowt.

There’s an idiot born every minute, and most are driving trucks for a living! :open_mouth:

barry292028:

If the wage stops at 12hrs, so would I.

A.

mazzer:
I would stay where you are or go to Sawyers, the other two are notorious for their low level of wages and as Big Truck said, get stuck anywhere with no backload and it is no pay

+1…mvh and manfreight arnt exactly scraping the bottom of the barrel,there more like digging underneath it…drive out of ballymena centre heading to join the main road for coleraine,the car accessory shop on your right hand side sells cheapo basic cbs thatl do the job…if your unsure,do english work for someone legal for a while otherwise you will be a lamb to the slaughter for the 75 plod etc…if you come off the boat in the first few,just pull in for a min and let the next 10 or so past you,then flat to the mat from there on.if anyone starts getting twitchy behind you,then let them past and keep your mirrors,.you will most likely be told what boat your chasing anyway so no need to worry about it.it wont take long to get into the swing of where to stop ,or if your on fridge work,where you wont be stopping.your cb will pay for itself on your 1st trip.just stay away from the subbys til you know the score,or you wont have a licence anyway.keeping under 50 will save you to a degree,itl just mean everyone else will treat you as a tesco rolling roadblock and fire past youplus plod will pull you for the.“were checking cards this week driver” as going slow means your hiding something so you cant win.they will tend to mess you about for 10 or 15 mins so you need to chase the boat,and thats where they will stop and hide in front of you again…they know the boat times,and know where to sit.run with the pack or crawl along alone…pick your poison and dont be shy to change jobs,theres always masses of english work as its mostly terrible hours,and total a75 greif…be sure to let us know how you get on…just remember you will be waking up screaming with the following words embedded in your brain…that loads booked in…your late for the boat,you need to get tipped as your booked in to load,and keep er lit…on the bright side,theres stil a wee bit of cameradrie left with the ferry traffic. :smiley:

Cheers mate much appreciated! Think il crawl the 75 first for a time or two first to get to no the lye of the land as my cards should be fine! Kinda ■■■■■■■ them now lol!

I do EXACTLY that off the boat,
Pull in and let the Tangs go then set off 50mph all way and plod leave you be.

Will be on 0400P&O later and at least with Sawyers you get wee butts variety heading on Dublin boats and down A55 which you can sit 56mph and be left alone!!! :sunglasses:

So how did it go, your 1st week oer that there water :smiley:

Manage to find any nice queues :smiley: :slight_smile:

stevegm3:
So how did it go, your 1st week oer that there water :smiley:

Manage to find any nice queues :smiley: :slight_smile:

[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] i havent been yet, go monday night!

Adonis.:

barry292028:

If the wage stops at 12hrs, so would I.

A.

And me ^ :open_mouth:

Out tonight lads on 3:30 stena, picking up the lorry at 1:30 in portadown, picking up a high cube in m/p craigavon for stobarts annesley. 7hrs 30 roughly from boat to there?? Anyone done it before?

barry292028:
Out tonight lads on 3:30 stena, picking up the lorry at 1:30 in portadown, picking up a high cube in m/p craigavon for stobarts annesley. 7hrs 30 roughly from boat to there?? Anyone done it before?

Your Sat Nav will give you near exact time depending how hard you drive down the 75!!!
Just remember to add your 45 onto the total time to make drop.

Cheers [THUMBS UP SIGN]

Good luck pal. :wink:

Cheers mate.

I’m on the 0400P&O so the race is on lad!!![emoji6]
Prob going to Huntingdon so 75/M6/66/A1/A14.
2hrs kip Lemming Bar Services in middle.[emoji41]

and back for the 0700 boat the next morning BT?? Stranraer/Cairnryan -----huntingdon and back unload killingholm …backload at huntingdon used tae be a regular days ish run for me back in the day…hehe. :smiley: oohhh must not say things like this now only 700ish miles rounder. :unamused: :wink:

JIMBO47:
and back for the 0700 boat the next morning BT?? Stranraer/Cairnryan -----huntingdon and back unload killingholm …backload at huntingdon used tae be a regular days ish run for me back in the day…hehe. :smiley: oohhh must not say things like this now only 700ish miles rounder. :unamused: :wink:

“All change”:
4 drops Scunnie/Wakefield/Boston and Leicester all to get off over 2days,
spoilt in these modern days@ Sawyers.[emoji6]

Handy Haulage!!![emoji41]

4 drops in 2 days!!! I’ve done 10 today!