Eu referendum whats your vote

When we had to clear custom a few years back the biggest problems were with French/Italian customs men who were on strike or just lazy .Well nothings changed with the French and as it is the “Europeans” have taken most of the transport off British hauliers anyway

Spardo:
CF and others are fond of branding as traitors and deserters those of us with an alternative view to theirs, but this quote in another forum was very apt and decribes the feeling of many of us accurately:

If it’s a “No Deal” scenario it will be like watching the curtains drawing closed at the crematorium when one finally says goodbye to a loved one.

It obviously depends on the definition of ‘loved one’.It’s obvious in the case of the remainers that means the stinking,corrupt,undemocratic EU Federation and its flag.In which case smashing it and chucking it all in a council waste incinerator would be all that the festering zb pile deserves.Hopefully Brexit will help that to happen.

Cheers Spardo. I was thinking of that song too!

Re John West’s vid link;
I think the body language and tone of Rees-Mogg was also interesting. He looks and sound like a school teacher patiently explaining to a kid exactly how two plus two really does equal five!

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Spardo:
And as Kmills and Franglais have alrady pointed out to CF, Jaguars may be made in Britain but are an Indian company who sell a very large proportion of their product to the EU. They may well decide that it is better to build them here and sacrifice a few British sales rather than move the robots to one of 27 other countries and carry on as before. I think the Union may trump the Kingdom. (Sorry, couldn’t avoid the T word :unamused: )

‘A few sales’ you’re avin a larf.Great idea.Jaguar ditches the UK market in favour of Europe that’ll work. :unamused: :laughing:

europe.autonews.com/article/2018 … ata-profit

Deluded remainers who really think that JLR sell more cars in the EU than the UK because as everyone knows German French and Italian buyers are well known for their demand for JLR products. :open_mouth: Show us the figures to back your bs argument.

Meanwhile this is what Franglais said elsewhere.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=154284&p=2465777&hilit=jaguar+land+rover#p2465980

By his own admission 60% of Jaguar’s European sales are generated within the UK.Expect to see that figure increase massively if we get a PM with the balls to hit the EU where it hurts with tarrifs applied to EU car imports.

5thwheel:
Nice to hear Raab say that without a trade deal there is no way the EU spongers are getting the 39billion they are expecting the UK to pay,perhaps the British Bulldog, is at last showing its teeth!

:confused:

Or just doing what the Cons have done since 1973 in the form of caving in to EU blackmail of sovereignty and cash,for trade that’s also in their favour,depending on point of view.I wouldn’t trust Raab any more than I’d have trusted Thatcher to deliver Brexit in that regard.IE why would/should we pay the thieving scumbags anything.

So what happened to the Leave manifesto of no more EU contributions ?. :unamused:

Franglais:
I think the body language and tone of Rees-Mogg was also interesting. He looks and sound like a school teacher patiently explaining to a kid exactly how two plus two really does equal five!

No that would have been Thatcher telling us in 1975 that it was only a common market we were joining and how good it was going to be for us all if we voted yes.Unfortunately for me they obviously chose not to lower the voting age to 16 in that referendum.Strange also how we were all expected to accept that referendum decision.

ramone:
When we had to clear custom a few years back the biggest problems were with French/Italian customs men who were on strike or just lazy .Well nothings changed with the French and as it is the “Europeans” have taken most of the transport off British hauliers anyway

Are you joking? 24 hours at Dover? Queuing up the stairs? I never had that bother at Aosta.

But if I did, that is what you are dragging UK haulage back to. Whether or not they are UK hauliers with UK drivers is another matter and nothing to do with Brexit.

Except for the fact that to cut mounting costs caused by Brexit, hauliers of all shades will be looking for the lowest priced drivers. Was it ever thus? And if you think that you will do away with all that by

taking back control

, you won’t, because your so called control will be causing even greater disruption at Dover etc.

Instead of wrecking a whole country you should be pressurising your government to enforce the EU laws already in place. That is, a foreign driver must be paid at least the legal minimum rate in the country in which he is operating. But nobody bothers so the likes of Ikea and other multinationals get away with murder.

Reading this morning the Brexit department is no longer in charge of controlling our exit from the EU, this responsibility is now directly controlled by Mrs May from No10, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Reading this morning the Brexit department is no longer in charge of controlling our exit from the EU, this responsibility is now directly controlled by Mrs May from No10, Buzzer.

What a surprise.Just as from day 1 when Cameron made sure that the agenda was put in the hands of two committed remainers in the form of May and Hammond.While the non ‘Brexit department’ led by Davis was just put in place to fool the Leave vote into believing that the same bunch of tossers,in the form of the Con party that took us into the scam,would now take us out of it. :unamused:

Buzzer:

Well, she’s signed her resignation letter then.
No matter what the outcome it will be too soft for many, too hard for many others, and just about right for just about no one.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Spardo:

ramone:

Are you joking? 24 hours at Dover? Queuing up the stairs? I never had that bother at Aosta.

But if I did, that is what you are dragging UK haulage back to. Whether or not they are UK hauliers with UK drivers is another matter and nothing to do with Brexit.

Except for the fact that to cut mounting costs caused by Brexit, hauliers of all shades will be looking for the lowest priced drivers. Was it ever thus? And if you think that you will do away with all that by

taking back control

, you won’t, because your so called control will be causing even greater disruption at Dover etc.

Instead of wrecking a whole country you should be pressurising your government to enforce the EU laws already in place. That is, a foreign driver must be paid at least the legal minimum rate in the country in which he is operating. But nobody bothers so the likes of Ikea and other multinationals get away with murder.

Well i’m sure we must be the only country not enforcing that law which is totally unworkable anyway . Of course Polish drivers are paid the same rate as Swedish drivers when they are in Sweden .But this is the exact point the majority who voted out didnt want EU law each member of the EU should be able to set their own laws not be told by some failed MP that EU laws must be abided.Which clown thought up the Drivers CPC and the 90 kph speed limit… I dont remember long queues on the M2 being caused by Dover customs men delays yes but not up the M2

Unfortunately I have spoken to too many people who thought it only affected Eastern Europeans and Blacks. Vote leave and they will magically disappear. Even the EU laws will exist for anyone dipping their toes into the English Channel.

I voted leave in the hope the elected members would think like an honest charity. Start off at home.

Looking on the bright side - help is at hand Paddy Passports | Panicked about post-Brexit passport queues? We got you... 🇬🇧🇮🇪 | By BBC Comedy | Facebook :laughing:

Just saying, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Just saying, Buzzer

Ironically that would never have happened if we’d have offered France a ‘deal’ that either they keep their noses out of the argument between Germany and Russia in 1914 or we’ll go with Germany. :bulb: :wink:

Politicions, the world over, will only be interested in what is best for them.

As it’s gone a bit quiet on this blog so I thought I would put my unwanted opinions into the arena. I spent around 30 odd years, on business, working abroad in many countries.
I hear that the European market is the answer to all our troubles, and, that we should subsume ourselves into the arms of the Brussels ’ Gravy Train ’ as they know where they are going, and, it’s in our best interests! The EU has 450m people crying out for our wares, or so we are told. In the early days 65% of our exports went there, now it’s down to just over 40%. In 2016, I think it was, out of the 27 other members only Ireland bought more than we sold it. Our so called exporters to the EU are not doing too well given the “massive” market they keep harping on they offer us. On the other hand, having done Geography and Maths at school, I note that the planet we live on has 7 Billion people and approx. 170 countries to have a go at and trade with. You could blow me over with a feather, there are 14 times more people outside the EU than living in it! Even the “Commonwealth”, remember them? have 2.4 Billion people and comprise 50 odd countries, i.e. The Commomwealth is four and a half times bigger than the EU! It is spread throughout the world
and offers trade products just as diverse as the EU, if not more so.
As a country we have a real problem with all the elected representatives in Parliament, The Second referendum we had in 2016, in my opinion righted a great wrong, as the lead politician, Heath in 1972 , did not come clean with the electorate as to where the EEC/EU end game was going. He new full well but did not spell it out, otherwise we would not have gone in. You would think that whatever the result, the magnitude of the 2016 vote was far more important than any normal election, and, that the politicians would follow the will of the people and knuckle down to some serious work, on behalf of the electorate. You now see the ‘Quality’ of our MP’s in all it’s glory, and, it’s not a pretty sight. As for the Media,I think we all have an answer for that one. There is a saying “Those who can , Do, Those who can’t, talk about it” That’s our Media in a nutshell.
I think we are at the point where we bite the bullet and tell them, no deal, no money, and we will speak to Merkel, Macron et al the week after we leave when they get the message.

(P.S. The EU has 20 Trillion of derivatives contracts at risk, together with 60 Billion of insurance liabilities, i.e. “mucho risko” in the short term. Its not all gloom and doom!!!)

Well said.

5Valve:
As it’s gone a bit quiet on this blog so I thought I would put my unwanted opinions into the arena. I spent around 30 odd years, on business, working abroad in many countries.
I hear that the European market is the answer to all our troubles, and, that we should subsume ourselves into the arms of the Brussels ’ Gravy Train ’ as they know where they are going, and, it’s in our best interests! The EU has 450m people crying out for our wares, or so we are told. In the early days 65% of our exports went there, now it’s down to just over 40%. In 2016, I think it was, out of the 27 other members only Ireland bought more than we sold it. Our so called exporters to the EU are not doing too well given the “massive” market they keep harping on they offer us. On the other hand, having done Geography and Maths at school, I note that the planet we live on has 7 Billion people and approx. 170 countries to have a go at and trade with. You could blow me over with a feather, there are 14 times more people outside the EU than living in it! Even the “Commonwealth”, remember them? have 2.4 Billion people and comprise 50 odd countries, i.e. The Commomwealth is four and a half times bigger than the EU! It is spread throughout the world
and offers trade products just as diverse as the EU, if not more so.
As a country we have a real problem with all the elected representatives in Parliament, The Second referendum we had in 2016, in my opinion righted a great wrong, as the lead politician, Heath in 1972 , did not come clean with the electorate as to where the EEC/EU end game was going. He new full well but did not spell it out, otherwise we would not have gone in. You would think that whatever the result, the magnitude of the 2016 vote was far more important than any normal election, and, that the politicians would follow the will of the people and knuckle down to some serious work, on behalf of the electorate. You now see the ‘Quality’ of our MP’s in all it’s glory, and, it’s not a pretty sight. As for the Media,I think we all have an answer for that one. There is a saying “Those who can , Do, Those who can’t, talk about it” That’s our Media in a nutshell.
I think we are at the point where we bite the bullet and tell them, no deal, no money, and we will speak to Merkel, Macron et al the week after we leave when they get the message.

(P.S. The EU has 20 Trillion of derivatives contracts at risk, together with 60 Billion of insurance liabilities, i.e. “mucho risko” in the short term. Its not all gloom and doom!!!)

Well written that man, true facts that our government cant see or choose not to, tell them to stuff there deal and there ransom lets see what happens as all the disbelievers may just get a surprise and when they do I will be one of the first to say I told you so, thanks for your input & facts be assured they are not unwanted Buzzer.

PS, cant wait for CF to rip apart what you have written with boring statistics.

I think it is the wrong move to leave the EU as Transport will suffer.

Transport in the UK has never had a Fair Deal in Transport to Europe
with lack of permits books etc our Governments fault I think.

If we are successful and come out of the EU. UK Transport Companies
will have numerous problems and a lot will have to shut the doors.

European Transport Companies like Waberer’s will prosper.

Waberer’s is one of the most successful Transport Companies in Europe and does not
seem to have any problems moving goods about the EU including the UK for the
last 50 + years they will probably be more successful after the UK leaves the EU.

w3.waberers.com/Contents/Item/Display/2980

Warberer.png