ERF LHD 5MW (European)

tribsa:
Hi Robert
If you can blow it up enough to read the reg & or owner I may well be able to find out.
Cheers
Rich

I’ve blown it up but still can’t read a single digit! Let’s see what others come up with. Cheers old mate, Robert

HJK952N?

The filename says New ERF, but there appears to be patches of primer on the o/s panels (indicating wear-and-tear on the driver’s side of it?). The mirrors look set up for RHD to me, although it ain’t that clear.

Similar colours to these two, which say “North West” on the headboard:
google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl= … et=1&w=640
Type “Northwest Transport ERF” into the thing, and the same picture comes up.

DEANB:

tonyj105:
rushden was originally monks transport , did a lot of continental from there , even after calor, we painted quite a few from monks to calor , think there’s a 110 on the calor thread. they couldn’t get the hang of this steel cab though , had a lot of bumps (so we were told at the time) , so they sent it off to Holland. all the new ERF’s etc we painted for calor were sent over from rushden

I’ve found the 110 photo

Tony, have you got any more photos of the MW7 or MW5 ?

Heres a couple of others.

Sorry no, it was 1 paint =1 photo i’m afraid, i got my own 5mw a few years later, not in the same class though, ■■■■■■■ 220, rhd.
Tony
Click on page to read.

A brochure in dutch .

DEANB:
A brochure in dutch .

The speed is in mph, surely.

[zb]
anorak:

DEANB:
A brochure in dutch .

The speed is in mph, surely.

+1

Beresford.

ERF-Continental:

ERF-Continental:
I recently overheard that the ERF LHD 5MW was operational with operator PEETHULTRA of Malle (B)
and possibly after Coulier/Wauters operated it for the Calor-account. I have also been told that the
tanker-trailer was from WAUTERS (a daughter-company of Coulier in Hamme) but feel free to add
or correct this info.

Similar or ‘just’ another of the fleet?

Hey ERF, Wauters was in my opinion never in hands of Coulier, Coulier and Nagels have for a while worked together.
Coulier has long gone, was taken bij Samat, if the exists still today in Belgium, don’t think, never see them anymore.
But Wauters as I have it right is already some years in the hands of the German operator Lanfer.

@ Knows someone what difference there is between NTC and NTK engines ■■? NTE against de NTC was the big cam,
but NTK ■■?

Eric,

tiptop495:

ERF-Continental:

ERF-Continental:
I recently overheard that the ERF LHD 5MW was operational with operator PEETHULTRA of Malle (B)
and possibly after Coulier/Wauters operated it for the Calor-account. I have also been told that the
tanker-trailer was from WAUTERS (a daughter-company of Coulier in Hamme) but feel free to add
or correct this info.

Similar or ‘just’ another of the fleet?

Hey ERF, Wauters was in my opinion never in hands of Coulier, Coulier and Nagels have for a while worked together.
Coulier has long gone, was taken bij Samat, if the exists still today in Belgium, don’t think, never see them anymore.
But Wauters as I have it right is already some years in the hands of the German operator Lanfer.

@ Knows someone what difference there is between NTC and NTK engines ■■? NTE against de NTC was the big cam,
but NTK ■■?

Eric,

Eric there are comments about the NTC/NTK on the last page of the ERF ‘European’ 1975 thread. Basically, the NTK was a version for the UK. Robert

Eric,

Attached some pictures and I recognize the Taurus/Bull as company-logo for
both Coulier and Wauters. I remember though that there were two companies
Coulier (Hamme and Merksem, one of them Marcel Coulier?) and nowadays no
Coulier nor Wauters can been seen on European roads.

NTK is to my opinion a theoretical engine for which an UK-exhaust-legislation
has been given (after ERF required that) but the 3MW and 5MW who got this
lump installed were mostly assembled on the continent. Same with NHK-series.

A-J

Wauters-tanktransport.jpg

Coulier-Tanktransport.jpg

Hey, thanks ERF and Robert for the info.

But ERF, look carefully at the logo, Wauthers has a bull and Coulier a wild horse with cowboy.
But Wauthers has been taken by Lanfer Germany, and think the yard is still in Hamme.
Have a look on the site of Lanfer Transporte, have looked and looks like the yard is still there.

Eric

Hey,

Coulier is a history on it’s self, of closing, restart, take overs,bankrupty, and more as once subcontractors
stand in the cold and never saw their money and went bust, and which wanted cold restart again with help of the restarted group and saw a part of the lost money back.
Most subcontractors were owner driver companies.
The Marcel Coulier was a different story only closed because of no

Eric,

The good old days of Coulier as the main house was in Houthulst, started as road builders, moved after WW II in transport and in the '50’s came houses in Merksem, Obourg, St P Leeuw.

Eric,

Oeps Eric…you are right, I did not notice the difference in company-emblems. For some
reason I keep however having the idea that both companies more or less (subsidiary?) were
allied as both companies parked their fleet also in the region of Oosterhout/Breda were also
Mutsers-tanktransport was situated. To be continued…

The ex-WW Kenworth/International #7 with tanktrailer is possibly pictured near the factory
of Stevens in Ledeberg-Gent?

Have a good weekend!

A-J

DEANB:

ERF-Continental:
@DEANB on your PM (which I cannot reply directly here) I can confirm that Ets. Thibaut from Strée also had a 5MW ERF-tractor (bought in 1973, registration 9.B.491 and chassis 22985) next to their later 7MW ERF-drawbar (bought in 1974, registration JJ.393 and chassis 24684) which often had a MOL-trailer attached. Somewhere I have a picture.

On your question on the French ERF-drawbar I need to verify again but earlier questions on relevant threads remained unanswered till now.

I also emailed you this but good other spectators get this feedback.

Thanks for confirming that. If you find the pic can you pop it no the European thread be nice to see it with the trailer.

@Deanb on your PM:

Till now (I have been abroad half a year) I did not manage to find the picture of the ERF-7MW from Thibaut with trailer but attached a picture of the Scania 112H with that trailer. The 7MW
was bought in 1974 and did (tough) service with both a MOL- and LAG-trailer till 1985 when the
Scania came in the fleet. Payload for the LAG trailer was 24tonnes

Meanwhile (starting to search) I found attached information, though it’s on a 3MW-chassis.

When it appears to be the André Lecocq tractor, that one had the NHK220 installed and not
the NTK310 as suggested by the announcement.

ERF-Continental:

DEANB:

ERF-Continental:
@DEANB on your PM (which I cannot reply directly here) I can confirm that Ets. Thibaut from Strée also had a 5MW ERF-tractor (bought in 1973, registration 9.B.491 and chassis 22985) next to their later 7MW ERF-drawbar (bought in 1974, registration JJ.393 and chassis 24684) which often had a MOL-trailer attached. Somewhere I have a picture.

On your question on the French ERF-drawbar I need to verify again but earlier questions on relevant threads remained unanswered till now.

I also emailed you this but good other spectators get this feedback.

Thanks for confirming that. If you find the pic can you pop it no the European thread be nice to see it with the trailer.

@Deanb on your PM:

Thanks for posting the pic.

Till now (I have been abroad half a year) I did not manage to find the picture of the ERF-7MW from Thibaut with trailer but attached a picture of the Scania 112H with that trailer. The 7MW
was bought in 1974 and did (tough) service with both a MOL- and LAG-trailer till 1985 when the
Scania came in the fleet. Payload for the LAG trailer was 24tonnes

@ ERF-Continental: picture of the LAG trailer (ex-NGC) and the post about the 6x4 3MW - both useful sets of detail there. Robert

Part of a brohure.(Click on pages twice to magnify)

Good find! ^^^Robert