Oily

2017-08-27_13_00_49.jpg
The eye of the beholder!
H E Woodcock Kent
God knows how to square pics up

Half shaft time

coomsey:
Half shaft time

The drive axle had lost its grip on the steep hill, not helped by the half-load in the tank slurping to the back! Hooray for baffles!

Here’s a couple of nice pics of B-series ERFs I found online this morning. Robert

ERF B series 250 ■■■■■■■ 10 speed road ranger, cracking motor turned into junk on a roundabout pulling a Chris Hudson trailer whilst being driven by my uncle. he was lucky to get out of it

tonyj105:
ERF B series 250 ■■■■■■■ 10 speed road ranger, cracking motor turned into junk on a roundabout pulling a Chris Hudson trailer whilst being driven by my uncle. he was lucky to get out of it

That must have been an interesting drive. I’m not doubting you for a second, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a B-series with a 10-sp Fuller in it before (especially with a day cab!); it must have occurred from time to time as you could spec all sorts of options with those ERFs. A most interesting post. Robert

ERF-NGC-European:

tonyj105:

That must have been an interesting drive. I’m not doubting you for a second, but I don’t think I’ve ever heard of a B-series with a 10-sp Fuller in it before (especially with a day cab!); it must have occurred from time to time as you could spec all sorts of options with those ERFs. A most interesting post. Robert

Hi Robert,
9 speed with the “secret” gear would make it a 10 sp?

Sorry yes a 9 speed roadranger, ( 8 plus crawler=9 ,plus high range crawler=10), i used the high range crawler quite a bit on it,
It was a really nice lorry, hated it at first , much prefered my new fiat 170, but once i got my head round it , i became an erf convert
Tony

@ Pete Smith and @ tonyj105: That’s more like it - now you’re talking about my favourite box of cogs! :laughing: . Robert

ERF-NGC-European:
@ Pete Smith and @ tonyj105: That’s more like it - now you’re talking about my favourite box of cogs! :laughing: . Robert

“High crawler” when empty for a quick getaway from traffic lights, well it was a tipper on muckshift!

Couple of ERF 's today at Burnley.