Election 2015

It’s not what they do say…

It’s what they DON’T say…

E.G…

I think one thing I can remember Cameron saying is, he was NOT going to pay that £6bn to the EU a while back

But then shortly after he said he was - in instalments though IICRC…?

He goes onto say, more people are in work… But what kind and on what wage, a ‘liveable’ one or the NMW??

Economy? What economy… All I see are only houses being built round here, not growing / expanding businesses. They call Blyth not far from me a ‘polo’ now, as there’s nothing there in the town centre and only houses beyond that. Even the main shops shut on a Sunday as it’s not worth opening. So much for Sunday trading etc…

When my kids grow up, I can see it being difficult, or even impossible to get a job, as by then everything will be shipped off / done abroad in some way…

We’re just an island, an overcrowded one at that now. Cameron thinks we can ‘Rule Britannia’ - become a ‘powerhouse’ again I think he said…?

Yeah right…

More like we’re a toy to the EU now…

Either way, whoever gets in, this country’s screwed…

merc0447:
Looks like I’ll pay the least amount of tax under the Tories :sunglasses:

More like the Cons keep wage levels down for employers by cutting compulsory government provided rationed social costs and health provision.Then call it a positive by pretending it is all a ‘tax cut’.When in fact it is actually pay more in real terms for less non existent cover.In addition to ripping off savers with what is effectively a tax on savings to keep mortgage payments ‘affordable’ in the low wage environment.

Oh God the tory propaganda machine is even here, vote for mr cameron you’ll be much better off after your little bribe, you’ll get new roads but you won’t be using them unless you work for johhny foreigner rates.

There’s be 2 million new jobs apparently, those for the 3 million more immigrants that will arrive over the time those jobs are created?

Summary of the reasons to vote for the cons…er if you don’t you’ll get labour.
Summary of the reasons to vote for labour…nope i’m stumped, none.
Summary of the reasons to vote for the lib dems…nope stumped on that one too, minus several.

None of the above deserve your vote, they haven’t earned it, they all despise working people whilst they fill their own pockets, all they can say for themselves is that they’re better than the other cheek of the identical arse or rather the other cheek is worse, some reason to vote for them that is.

For goodness sake if you vote for the same bunch of crooks that you’ve always done you’ll end up with, guess what? son of lucifer blair in the blue corner, or blairs prodigy waiting in the wings to take over from Ed in the red corner.
Have you learned nothing.

Do yourselves a favour and look at the national debt clock, so much for the tories economic policy, about as effective as their immigration policy.

Your choice people, don’t complain about things after you’ve had the chance to change them, they’re bribing you again with your own money (or rather money borrowed for you and your descendents to repay) just like the last time, if you can’t see that i hope you have an answer for your grandchildren when the jackbooted european army stalks our streets to keep the peace (and plucks those who say the wrong thing out for re-education) when the inevitable strife reaches boiling point, probably around the time the population tops 100 million.

anisboy:
Being a Scot, I always liked the idea of an independent Scotland, but I’m glad the Union held together. I always have thought though that Alex Salmond was/is a dangerous man and now I’m convinced of it.

The fact is,like all federations,the ‘union’ is a bad deal for England both financially and politically.Nor is it an English instigated institution it is just a remnant of the European invasion of 1066 and its descendent ruling classes.

Juddian:
i hope you have an answer for your grandchildren when the jackbooted european army stalks our streets to keep the peace (and plucks those who say the wrong thing out for re-education) when the inevitable strife reaches boiling point, probably around the time the population tops 100 million.

^ This

35 pages of carryfast later and the result is,

The conservatives win
The bookies are not often wrong

I’ll be doing what ive done in every election, apart from once in 1979, and that’s not vote.

If I could be arsed or cared that much i would vote Conservative but they are probably going to win it anyway.

Even if I wanted to it’s been well over ten years since I was on the electoral register so can’t vote.

I’m staying away from the news programs and websites for the next few weeks as they are just going to be full of this ■■■■■■■■.

Tories are the natural party for government. Labour are still in the pockets of the unions

equally, the Tories are beholden to the hedge fund managers and bankers.

and as for the comment that a good reason to vote Tory is because of the 50 mph speed limit, there really should be an intelligence test before someone is alowed a vote.

if any of you actually believe that any of the parties will deliver real tax cuts you need to check the historical information in which it is shown to be a fact that the last 5 elections have resulted in tax increases regardless of who won.

del949:
the Tories are beholden to the hedge fund managers and bankers.

You crack me up, Milliband has long been outed as a hypocrite when it comes to funding by hedge funds.

do keep up in the back…

independent.co.uk/news/uk/po … 24387.html

The Tories don’t give a toss about the working class,and never will whatever they say.
Labour are the party for the working class, and always will be. I will vote Labour and hope they get in.
I think the lot of them want to steer clear of UKIP,they are more right wing than the Tories.

If I were to cast my vote then it would be cast for totally selfish reasons, ie who can do the most for me, but as my perception is that there’s F all difference between any of them to start with, and once in power they’ll renege on all promises and just dig their greedy snouts deeper into the trough, so none of them will benefit me in the slightest I shall vote with my feet and abstain.

Then be typically British and moan about whichever lot get in.

If I could really ‘vote with my feet’…

I wouldn’t be in this country now… :frowning:

Said that since I was 20 ish, as I could see back then this country was going to the wall then!!!

Dave the Renegade:
The Tories don’t give a toss about the working class,and never will whatever they say.
Labour are the party for the working class, and always will be. I will vote Labour and hope they get in.
I think the lot of them want to steer clear of UKIP,they are more right wing than the Tories.

How is a party which has been devoted to ‘wage restraint’ since the days of Callaghan and immigration putting more downward pressure on income levels supposedly ‘for the working class’.

As for so called ‘left’ being for the working class.The issue of cheap, effectively slave,commy labour,is the main problem that is holding back the working class in the western world.Together with Labour’s enthusiasm for the global free market economy just like the Cons.On that note UKIP isn’t so called ‘right’ enough.Unlike the French FN. :unamused:

Labour did a cracking job last time they were in power so il be voting anyone but them :sunglasses:

I see what you mean!
just goes to prove they are all ■■■■■■■■

Business leaders are now ‘backing’ the Cons… Wonder why…■■ :unamused:

And labour want to ‘scrap’ the zero hour contract - after 12 weeks you’re supposed to get a proper contract…? More like after 11 weeks and 6 days you get your marching orders and the ‘12 week clock’ restarts… :unamused:

This election is going to be about “Who’s lying when it comes to telling you that your vote will be wasted if you vote so-and-so…”

The Scots lost their referendum, but because there was a surge in SNP membership sign-ups after that “big lose” - We’re now told to expect 40-50 seats to swing from Labour to SNP at this coming election. Really?
Labour are only alarmed because the Tories have got naff-all to lose in Scotland apart from a single seat…

I believe this “Alarm” has been over-done. Northern England swing voters can’t vote SNP anyway, but they might surge towards labour on the anticipated weakness north of the border.

UKIP voters are negligable in the inner cities and north of the border. Nearly all UKIP gains are therefore likely to be in the shires, and other rural areas - rather than the anticipated “down south” counties. Farage stands a good chance of NOT getting his target seat of Thanet South.
Betfair puts the number of seats UKIP will win as only three…
http://www.betfairpredicts.com/
Betfair also predicts that there’s only a 13% chance of the Tories actually winning this election - ie with a proper majority, no matter how small.

Libdem voters in the stronghold west country seats are NOT expected to defect over the poor way the coalition handled the flood crisis last year.
I think this is rather complacent of them to expect to retain as many as 30 seats…

Labour swing voters in the south are disappointed with the same old candidates that they booted out in 2010 re-standing for election THIS time around.
No new brooms there to vote for I guess.

Conservative voters considering a vote for UKIP have been hammered about the apparent “folly” of this, and are now likely to not bother voting at all.
UKIP have not been seen much actually in the street. The abuse they get from the ukist public seems to have frightened them off from public gatherings.
This lacklustre campaign of theirs has even got me considering not bothering to turn up to vote myself. :frowning:

There seems to be a lot of verbal support for the Greens in Medway. Who’s the candidate though? Sure, we can look such things up on the web, but don’t we actually want to get our babies kissed etc by these prospective candidates of ANY party before considering voting for them?

Betfair have job-lotted the Greens in with “other”, so it’s hard to tell how many seats they think the Greens will win… With UKIP only expected to win a measly three, I’d say there’s everything to play for.

Off-bookmaker lay money

Here are the local predictions for the parties in question:
(1) Labour will gain a few net seats, but not enough to win a majority. The “extra seats” will come from not as many being lost to the SNP as expected - but politicians will say “Too many people voted for UKIP and handed their votes to Milliband” as they’ve banged on about before. UKIP’s vote is negligable north of the border, so this is clearly a load of ■■■■■■■■.

(2) The Libdems risk falling to single figures in retained seats terms. This represents a MASSIVE drubbing for them. 57 down to 8 is the current thinking…

(3) The Conservatives will keep nearly all their southern seats, albeit with greatly reduced majorities, eaten into by the UKIP swing. They won’t give a ■■■■ though. A 1000 majority is as good as a 10,000 majority in any area where Milliband hasn’t a prayer.

(4) UKIP will retain both Clacton & Strood, and gain one new seat - NOT thanet south, but a University town one…

(5) The Greens will lose Brighton & Hove, but may gain another riverside town (perhaps this one!) leaving them on level with last time - One seat nationally.

(6) Sinn Fein will lose their seats. The people are more united these days, whereas Sinn Fein’s divisiveness has not really achieved much new since the Good friday agreement, and they are not much respected for failing to attend Westminster.

(7) More “marginal seats” than expected - will actually NOT change hands in this coming election.

(8) Plaid Cymru take Cardigan off the Libdems for a net gain of one.

Conclusion:
The battleground will be in the Midlands.

5 years more of the same or worse. The people believed, were convinced to give it up, and now we’ll get the government we deserve - as always. :frowning:

VAT won’t be increased after the election, but it’s scope will be widened.
Public services that are not used much by wealthy people will be cut to the bone.
Austerity will get a new fresh start.
Interest rates will dip, then and rise to 1% - but take the entire parliament to get there.
Over the next parliament, there will be at least one death per full-sized household related to an underfunded NHS, and bloated Pharmacutical interests being nurtured instead of crushed for the public good.
You’ll have more chance of being murdered by someone mentally ill than coming into enough money to pay off your mortgage.
More people than ever before will die of survivable cancers, despite there being hardly any nuclear power plants left to blame.

Carryfast:

Dave the Renegade:

How is a party which has been devoted to ‘wage restraint’ since the days of Callaghan and immigration putting more downward pressure on income levels supposedly ‘for the working class’.

As for so called ‘left’ being for the working class.The issue of cheap, effectively slave,commy labour,is the main problem that is holding back the working class in the western world.Together with Labour’s enthusiasm for the global free market economy just like the Cons.On that note UKIP isn’t so called ‘right’ enough.Unlike the French FN. :unamused:

Who started the NHS Carryfast…Labour.
Who has knackered it Carryfast…Conservatives.
Who asset stripped the UK Carryfast…Conservatives by selling everything off.

Dave the Renegade:

Sorry to have to disagree mate , but that has been Labours Mantra for ever THE WORKING CLASS, that might have worked 50 years ago but things have moved on a bit by now, Working Class is just a figment of your imagination as class is now a thing of the past most people have a good standard of living so for Labour to keep harping on about the poor downtrodden masses are living in lala land.
Yes you go ahead and vote Labour if that’s what floats your boat. But before you do look back at the last Labour Government and do not forget it was them that bankrupt this country, nobody else and nobody else to blame just that Bunch of Muppets Led by Brown and backed by Milliband And Balls.

yoyo5:

Dave the Renegade:

Sorry to have to disagree mate , but that has been Labours Mantra for ever THE WORKING CLASS, that might have worked 50 years ago but things have moved on a bit by now, Working Class is just a figment of your imagination as class is now a thing of the past most people have a good standard of living so for Labour to keep harping on about the poor downtrodden masses are living in lala land.
Yes you go ahead and vote Labour if that’s what floats your boat. But before you do look back at the last Labour Government and do not forget it was them that bankrupt this country, nobody else and nobody else to blame just that Bunch of Muppets Led by Brown and backed by Milliband And Balls.

The Banks wrecked what was left of this country after Maggie Thatcher asset stripped it. Plenty of working class on low incomes in Mid Wales where I live. Cameron and Osborne haven’t done anything to help this region. There are people in this area who are only earning the minimum wage, also food banks in some of the towns.
Is that a figment of my imagination yoyo5 ?