E10 Petrol

I thought your old Rover had a bad case of dandruff 'til I saw the wash brush…

lancpudn:
Yeah the oil will still be around but at what price to the motorist! Somehow I cant see the powers that be letting all the older cars continue driving about without a considerable financial penalty, As well as my MG ZS EV I have an old 2000 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur Hi-Line model which I’ve owned for over ten years , Beautiful car inside & out & and drives great… but it has emissions of 268g/km :open_mouth:

When the upcoming Euro Cat 7 emission standard starts they’re going to be banning new ICE vehicles with emissions of just 80g/km and I just cant see them giving older more polluting cars an easy time.

Aston Martin are going to transition over to BEV’s in 2025 and will be making an electric sports car at their Gaydon plant & they will also be making an electric SUV at their plant in St Athan Wales.
Mitsubishi have just announced that they are calling it a day selling ICE vehicles in Europe & the UK this Autumn, I doubt any manufacturer will make an ICE car after 2025.

The point was that the ‘oil’ is going nowhere in fact new resources and production are increasing.No one is capping any wells any time soon more like adding to them and increasing existing production rates.
China is also throwing its military weight around in the South East Asian Sea staking its claim to yet more of those fossil fuel resources.
You’ve shown the clue yourself.
This is all about the free world capitulating to an agenda of ‘who’ burns it not we can no longer burn it.
Europe then heading for the inevitable resulting nuclear and treeless dust bowl disaster train wreck, at which point all the proponents will be long gone and the generations affected by it will be saying why did they do this to us.

Which leaves the question what’s the problem with Hydrogen fuelled ICE either way.If we’re going to go out radiated by a nuclear disaster, and/or turn our green and pleasant continent into a treeless dustbowl before that, then at least let’s have one upside to this electric coup.
Oh wait they know that they are flogging an inferior EV option because it’s more profitable and they know that they can’t make that scam stick unless they also take out the remaining conventional classic car use option regardless of how it’s fuelled.

As for the ‘Rover’ ( Honda ) might as well get your money’s worth and swap it in for a proper RWD V8 Mustang engined version and enjoy it while you can.

Meanwhile I’ll start looking for a likely 3.5t Merc Sprinter candidate for that 2,000 hp EV home build special ready to hit the road in 2025.
Don’t ask how much around 1t of EV batteries to fuel it will cost me though. :open_mouth:

Where’s all the electricity coming from, to power the EVs?

Star down under.:

Apparently some politician is going to wave a magic wand, pluck untold £trillions from the chancellor’s arse and hey presto the charging infrastructure of the country will morph over the rest of the decade to cope, Chinese bods running their own cars on petrol will be busy making thousands of non recyclable wind turbines we’ll cover our country with, paying already rich landowners often related to high ranking politicians another fortune to host the bloody things and any spare land they’ll also cover in Chinese made solar panels, wots going to happen on cloudy windless winter day no one is asking, presumably cold cloudy windless days arn’t part of the coming utopia.

Millions of freezing people unable to get about will have received exactly what they’ve been voting for over recent decades, wonder if they’ll ever realise.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
We still come under the EU’s Paris accord emission standards whether we’re a member of the EU or not and have to dance to their tune. It’s written into the UK’s environmental bill law.

No government is bound by the actions of a previous government.It’s called democracy and it’s why we left the EU to get our ‘democracy’ back.
We now just need some brave politicians to stand against the Tory tossers on a ticket of calling the ‘Paris Accord’ out for what it is we must stop using fossil fuel so that China can burn it all.
Next it will be the food they want.We must stop eating meat and fish because it’s bad for our health and the environment.
These Commy quislings and their handlers think we’re stupid or more like scared of them and in many cases they are right.

You need help. Unfortunately nobody here is qualified to provide the help you need.

He spouts a load of crap but he is amusing.

Star down under.:

Logically it’s going to be the combination of Nuclear and Biomass.Hence my reference to an irradiated tree less dust bowl.Paying 16p per kwh + road fuel duty + 20% VAT + cost of batteries for the privilege.

Juddian:
Apparently some politician is going to wave a magic wand, pluck untold £trillions from the chancellor’s arse and hey presto the charging infrastructure of the country will morph over the rest of the decade to cope, Chinese bods running their own cars on petrol will be busy making thousands of non recyclable wind turbines we’ll cover our country with, paying already rich landowners often related to high ranking politicians another fortune to host the bloody things and any spare land they’ll also cover in Chinese made solar panels, wots going to happen on cloudy windless winter day no one is asking, presumably cold cloudy windless days arn’t part of the coming utopia.

Millions of freezing people unable to get about will have received exactly what they’ve been voting for over recent decades, wonder if they’ll ever realise.

Don’t forget the Chinese controlled nuke energy.

Solar panels = yet more dustbowl as the vegetation and root structure of the light starved fields they cover dies.Oh wait like burning living trees in the form of biomass that means more CO2 and less Oxygen. :unamused:

Yep recent decades pushing the guilt narrative regards fossil fuel use.
Nukes and burning trees and killing our green fields is so much better at three times the price.Let’s vote for that and if you don’t we’ll just wheel in the dominion machines to vote for you.

msn.com/en-gb/money/other/sh … d=msedgdhp

Star down under.:

The big Chief at the National Grid says they will be able to cope with ‘X’ amount of millions of BEV’s before more generating power is needed by which time UK/EU will have a Super Grid.
Interconnectors AKA European super grid, planete-energies.com/en/med … onnections The next step is a Intercontinental connectors that are in the pipeline between India & China with south Asian countries called OSOWOG (One Sun One World One Grid)

Similar to the Sun Cable Down Under :smiley: suncable.sg/

lancpudn:
The next step is a Intercontinental connectors that are in the pipeline between India & China with south Asian countries called OSOWOG (One Sun One World One Grid)

I was surprised to find that name isn’t a joke. Sounds a lot like “Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Fuhrer!”.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:
Yeah the oil will still be around but at what price to the motorist! Somehow I cant see the powers that be letting all the older cars continue driving about without a considerable financial penalty, As well as my MG ZS EV I have an old 2000 Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur Hi-Line model which I’ve owned for over ten years , Beautiful car inside & out & and drives great… but it has emissions of 268g/km :open_mouth:

When the upcoming Euro Cat 7 emission standard starts they’re going to be banning new ICE vehicles with emissions of just 80g/km and I just cant see them giving older more polluting cars an easy time.

I see the COO of Nissan has just come out & said It will be cheaper to build BEV’s than try to comply with Euro 7, :open_mouth:

Even " The very latest iteration, Euro 6d , is so strict that even gas-burning cars require a particulate filter to be fitted in Europe, and the Euro 7 standard (expected to go into effect around 2025 - 2026) will be even more stringent." insideevs.com/news/506960/nissa … o7-ice-ev/

media.toyota.co.uk/2021/04/toyo … programme/