Drivers Health Warning

Grumpy_old_trucker:
Scaremongering!
If the government were convinced it was going to become so serious they would be offering everyone the injection free, they aren’t they’re allowing pharmacies to sell it to the public.
The mere fact that Boots are charging nearly £13 and Asda are charging £5 goes to prove it is nothing more than profiteering by rip off Britain businesses…All with the aid of the government.
Consultant Physician my backside, is he on a backhander from Boots?

I want a second opinion. Shall I come back at the same time tomorrow ?

Well said G_O_T, it’s all for the glorification of the NHS. Ego’s far to big. Last consultant I saw, I told him to f off and lose the attitude. (and that was in-front of 6 of his students and 5 other patients in the ward) That’s the last time he shouted and screamed at me, the arrogant plik. Later one of the nurses said "We always have trouble with him, he deserved that ".

UKtramp:
I was at my brother in laws house last night attending a dinner party, he is a consultant physician at a couple of our hospitals, now you can be sensible about this thread or take the usual ■■■■ but this is a stark warning. You will all have heard that a flue epidemic is going to hit the UK shortly from Asia and Australia. Nothing new here then I hear you say, well he has advised me to pay £7 to get a flue jab even though I am completely fit and healthy probably a lot more than most. He told me this is a real serious strain that will be coming and will knock the best of us over. If you act now and pay to get the flue jab, you have a good chance of getting one as the vaccine will quickly run out. He said that this strain which is definitely on its way is very severe and will kill a fair few. i once fell ill with a severe cold whilst out on the road and had to night out for two nights as I could not drive home, it was no fun. His advice was for any HGV driver to get the jab as if it strikes whilst you are away it will quickly overcome you and render you incapable of driving for weeks. Ignore this warning at your peril.

Tell yer quack friend to shut up and eat his dinner.

adam277:
No thanks but I am 25.
Chat with a doctor and he will say you need this jab and that jab because that is there job.
Speak with a pc expert and he will tell you need this updated software.
Both jobs encourage being over precautious because prevention is easiest.c

Also there is always a scare story about a killer flu at least once a year. A survived the bird flu so I think I will survive this.

The nurse holds the needle, stands at the far wall of the surgery and takes run at it, that way it gets deep down into sorting the problem. It can be difficult getting the needle out again if she’s a big hefty wench !

mrcreosote90:
Most people that say they have had flu never have they just have a really bad cold and label it as such in ten years in healthcare I came across flu twice neither fatal

Yes, I had flu once and it ■■■■■■■ floored me for weeks.
I get annoyed when someone snuffles around saying they have the flu. No, if you had the flu you’d be ■■■■■■■ commatosed!!

I recently had to visit my doctor for a chest infection…i had drunk two bottles of benelin…done 2 packets of lemsip…and needed antibiotics…so off i go…she did say that this new flu epidemic from Asia/Australia we have no cure for…our medicines we treat flu victims with…does not work on this strain of flu…but her antibiotics did the trick for me…and i havnt smoked since before xmas.,so i am good to go.

I had to visit the doctor last week with a pain in my shoulder he said it was just a trapped nerve. I asked for a second opinion and he said OK your an ugly ■■■■ as well.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Dipper_Dave:
I had to visit the doctor last week with a pain in my shoulder he said it was just a trapped nerve. I asked for a second opinion and he said OK your an ugly [zb] as well.

Boom tish

You’re not here all week are you?

truckyboy:
I recently had to visit my doctor for a chest infection…i had drunk two bottles of benelin…done 2 packets of lemsip…and needed antibiotics…so off i go…she did say that this new flu epidemic from Asia/Australia we have no cure for…our medicines we treat flu victims with…does not work on this strain of flu…but her antibiotics did the trick for me…and i havnt smoked since before xmas.,so i am good to go.

Your antibiotics are completely useless for the flu virus.

the nodding donkey:

Dipper_Dave:
I had to visit the doctor last week with a pain in my shoulder he said it was just a trapped nerve. I asked for a second opinion and he said OK your an ugly [zb] as well.

Boom tish

Yep, don’t forget to tip your waiter, he’s got a bit of lisp so don’t take the pith.

Dipper_Dave:

the nodding donkey:

Dipper_Dave:

Boom tish

Yep, don’t forget to tip your waiter, he’s got a bit of lisp so don’t take the pith.

:sunglasses:

truckyboy:

Good for you,it was a chest infection that made me give up smoking,thought I was dying couldn’t get my breath,so I gave up can’t stand the smell of it now,but I wouldn’t knock anyone for smoking it is an addiction after all.

bobbya:

truckyboy:

Good for you,it was a chest infection that made me give up smoking,thought I was dying couldn’t get my breath,so I gave up can’t stand the smell of it now,but I wouldn’t knock anyone for smoking it is an addiction after all.

Psychiatric help is available for all who are obsessed about anti-smoking.