Driver Facing Cameras in Cabs

Less those who visit refineries, our on/off switches on the dash are about to be removed so they’ll be on all the time unless isolated (when loading or parked up off shift). :unamused:

Watch this space…

One lad who’s only been here about 4 month put his notice in last week, but I fear that’s probably more to do with him being ■■■■ on from day one by crap planning more than owt else.

ezydriver:
Surely the occasional family getting wiped out is worth all that freedom of not having cameras?

The collective grief of drivers having them fitted, and making the job eternally miserable, is far heavier than that of a single mourning family, is it not?

[zb] hell

:open_mouth:
Ok, just back from the pub so maybe I should not be posting :blush: …but here goes.
I’m amazed that many of you are actually coming around to the idea of this by LOOKING for an excuse for it, and actually trying to justify it (maybe to yourselves) by quoting some horror scenario of your family wiped out etc.
Again, you could apply this criteria to most things to make it appear to be attractive, thus helping the ■■■■■ who come up with these sorts of schemes and ideas to achieve their agenda of total surveillance and control, of which up to press is about 75% done and dusted.

I obviously have a family I love, but I’m not going to use them as some pawn to make others come round to my way of thinking. :unamused:

To keep things realistic here, I personally know many truck drivers of various social groups, and nationalities being that I have been in the job a bloody long time.
Hand on heart I can not think of one of whom I know, who would go as far as to drive 44 tonnes while ■■■■■■■ use their phone for social media, or their computer to watch a movie, or any other ■■■■ for brains type practice.
My point is these ■■■■ wits are in a very small minority, …ok sure, there have been a few reports lately of high profile ■■■■ hitting the fan type events concerning these characters, but nevertheless they are still…a small minority. :bulb:
The vast majority like you and me never make the news for being responsible drivers, only bad news makes ‘‘good’’ news. :bulb:
That in mind out of all the thousands of truckers out there, we are probably talking what?.. 1% at a rough estimate?
So why is it the ‘‘Obvious Answer’’ according to some of you, to impose a downright liberty on the other 99%. of us ■■

As for other trades and walks of life suffering cameras 24/7 another ‘‘good reason’’ of justification pointed out by many of you on here for it ?:roll: , …As I said, I don’t give a ■■■■, it is just a case of all this type of crap gathering momentum for the reason of…‘That’s the way it is now’.

Reading this thread, ome of you really need to give yourselves a ■■■■ shake and stop being taken in by all this propaganda.
Just look how crap things are now in this job already to what things were, if you KEEP sucking it up, it’s only going to get worse ffs.
Glad to see the counterbalance on the thread of a few level heads who see things for what they REALLY are and do not get carried away with knee jerk reactions and keep a level head.
On the othet hand, the apathy and gullibility of some drivers displayed on here is both alarming and pathetic. :unamused:

Double post

robroy:

ezydriver:
Surely the occasional family getting wiped out is worth all that freedom of not having cameras?

The collective grief of drivers having them fitted, and making the job eternally miserable, is far heavier than that of a single mourning family, is it not?

[zb] hell

:open_mouth:
Ok, just back from the pub so maybe I should not be posting :blush: …but here goes.
I’m amazed that many of you are actually coming around to the idea of this by LOOKING for an excuse for it, and actually trying to justify it (maybe to yourselves) by quoting some horror scenario of your family wiped out etc.
Again, you could apply this criteria to most things to make it appear to be attractive, thus helping the [zb] who come up with these sorts of schemes and ideas to achieve their agenda of total surveillance and control, of which up to press is about 75% done and dusted.

I obviously have a family I love, but I’m not going to use them as some pawn to make others come round to my way of thinking. :unamused:

To keep things realistic here, I personally know many truck drivers of various social groups, and nationalities being that I have been in the job a bloody long time.
Hand on heart I can not think of one of whom I know, who would go as far as to drive 44 tonnes while ■■■■■■■ use their phone for social media, or their computer to watch a movie, or any other [zb] for brains type practice.
My point is these ■■■■ wits are in a very small minority, …ok sure, there have been a few reports lately of high profile [zb] hitting the fan type events concerning these characters, but nevertheless they are still…a small minority. :bulb:
The vast majority like you and me never make the news for being responsible drivers, only bad news makes ‘‘good’’ news. :bulb:
That in mind out of all the thousands of truckers out there, we are probably talking what?.. 1% at a rough estimate?
So why is it the ‘‘Obvious Answer’’ according to some of you, to impose a downright liberty on the other 99%. of us ■■

As for other trades and walks of life suffering cameras 24/7 another ‘‘good reason’’ of justification pointed out by many of you on here for it ?:roll: , …As I said, I don’t give a [zb], it is just a case of all this type of crap gathering momentum for the reason of…‘That’s the way it is now’.

Reading this thread, ome of you really need to give yourselves a [zb] shake and stop being taken in by all this propaganda.
Just look how crap things are now in this job already to what things were, if you KEEP sucking it up, it’s only going to get worse ffs.
Glad to see the counterbalance on the thread of a few level heads who see things for what they REALLY are and do not get carried away with knee jerk reactions and keep a level head.
On the othet hand, the apathy and gullibility of some drivers displayed on here is both alarming and pathetic. :unamused:

I think you misunderstood what I said. I meant, surely the occasional family getting wiped out by a lorry driver looking at his phone shouldn’t mean the rest of us have to endure inward facing cameras? In other words, there should be some sacrifical lambs. That’s life. You know, the odd mum, dad, and 3 kids being wiped out here and there shouldn’t mean 500,000 UK drivers should then have cameras pointing at them for 15/13 hours per day Mon-Fri. People die, it’s a dynamic world, that’s how it’s always been, and that’s just how the world is.

Ok mate, you’re right I did misread your post as it looks as if we are on the same wavelength on this (I did say I had just come back in :smiley: :blush: ) sorry !
My answer however does apply to some of the guys who have obviously ‘‘been got at’’ and totally convinced by all this Orwellian ■■■■■■■■.
The points made such as ‘‘That’s the way things are now’’ should not, (and is not) a reason for justification, and I (obviously) feel strongly against all about all this type of crap that we are being drip fed to allow us to be totally controlled.
Off to bed before I upset anybody else. :laughing:

robroy:

My type of pub if still open so you just got home at 0344 !! :laughing:

123smith:
Not convinced about being able to confidently select out the idiots but I do like your idea about a electronic gizmo to prevent phone (and i would add other devices) being used when the ignition is on, I’m not sure if such a gismo exists but with today’s technology I can’t see why they couldn’t be made. I think that coupled with a breathalyzer on the ignition would help reduce accidents. There should also be lower insurance premiums for trucks which have them fitted.

I think I might start a petition :laughing:

They do exist and although contradictory re my company with zero H&S in the yard, these are fitted in all the trucks. They cut in and out with the ignition which makes it impossible to use a phone on the move.
I dont have one but my phone stays in the glove box.
This isnt the exact model but its something similar hardwired into the loom.

alldeal.co.uk/detail.php?iid=S- … RgQAvD_BwE

AndrewG:

ezydriver:

Conor:

AndrewG:
Complete intrusion into a drivers workplace. Imagine the uproar of any other industry employees having a camera stuck in their face while at work.

The majority of workers in this country have CCTV covering them.

The majority of workers in this country do not have 1 or more cctv cameras pointing directly at them from 6ft away for the majority of their long shifts which can, and will pick up on literally every movement or action they make.

Exactly my point earlier. Theres a difference between having ctv at for example a warehouse watching the goings on than having a camera stuck in the face of every employee…

Some warehouse have plenty camera long distance from staff but they absolutely can see what he/she do.not big difference how dare camera from face.

Wheel Nut 3:
No one walks in a bank picking their nose or scratching their balls

I do. Often both at the same time. I never queue for that long and I usually get a personal banker to sort me out.

How does having a camera fitted save lives? Just asking.

RB84:
My point is that this is happening day in day out all over, when I renewed my car insurance it asked if I had a dashcam fitted it is just the way of the world and unless you up sticks and move somewhere a bit more relaxed (see DieselDog :laughing: ) you are gonna have to suffer things you don’t like.

We only have to ■■■■ it up, because people don’t question it and just blindly willing to go along with it. :frowning:

the maoster:

Because they have magic powers, that’s all the public needs to be told. :unamused:
Anybody who questions this should be vilified on public forums and social media and accused of being potential kitten murderers. :confused:

muckles:

RB84:
My point is that this is happening day in day out all over, when I renewed my car insurance it asked if I had a dashcam fitted it is just the way of the world and unless you up sticks and move somewhere a bit more relaxed (see DieselDog :laughing: ) you are gonna have to suffer things you don’t like.

We only have to ■■■■ it up, because people don’t question it and just blindly willing to go along with it. :frowning:

Yes true but I guess it just makes for an easier life on the whole otherwise you are labelled a troublemaker. Unless there’s mass public outcry about the overuse of CCTV as a whole not just lorries drivers it won’t change and insurance salesmen can peddle them and boss’s will be happy they’ve saved a few Bob!

Unfortunately grumbling about them on a forum won’t stop what the Boss’s think is a great money saver as that’s how most CCTV is marketed and we all want to save a few quid if we can eh!

RB84:

muckles:

RB84:

Yes true but I guess it just makes for an easier life on the whole otherwise you are labelled a troublemaker. Unless there’s mass public outcry about the overuse of CCTV as a whole not just lorries drivers it won’t change and insurance salesmen can peddle them and boss’s will be happy they’ve saved a few Bob!

Unfortunately grumbling about them on a forum won’t stop what the Boss’s think is a great money saver as that’s how most CCTV is marketed and we all want to save a few quid if we can eh!

It seems a shame that people are so willing to give their freedoms away because it seems a bit too much trouble to fight against it.

As for moaning on a forum, I’ve found that on this and other things I’m not alone in my views, these are opinions that get very little coverage in the mainstream media, and as I’m not in the situation of having driver facing cameras being forced on me, I can’t really protest about it to the people I work for.

The-Snowman:
Best way to deal with them is just cover them up.
If anyone says to you “Why was your camera covered?” the response should be “How do you know it was covered? Why were you looking?” :grimacing:

Nail on head frozen chap :wink:

the maoster:

It doesnt, it just proves if your innocent or guilty.

It could also be a deterrent, how many dummy cameras do people fit outside there houses to deter.

eagerbeaver:

The-Snowman:
Best way to deal with them is just cover them up.
If anyone says to you “Why was your camera covered?” the response should be “How do you know it was covered? Why were you looking?” :grimacing:

Nail on head frozen chap :wink:

Or wear a different competitors uniform every day. … :grimacing:

Of course the cameras are not live streaming mostly are just recording. I can’t see anyone being bored enough to go through footage for the hell of it. It would only be watched in the case of an incident.

That said I still don’t agree.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

P Stoff:
Of course the cameras are not live streaming mostly are just recording. I can’t see anyone being bored enough to go through footage for the hell of it. It would only be watched in the case of an incident.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

That would be a pity. I am quite looking forward to making some office bod loose his lunch if he watches me…

P Stoff:

Even if that is right you still deem it acceptable?
I think you’re talking about the type that runs alongside the outward facing dash cam which is constantly streaming but activated to record 7 secs before and after an event which causes you to brake hard (wish I knew the correct name for them) they are bad enough…,.and I have one. :smiling_imp:
The next step up (aka the final coffin nail :unamused: ) are the ones some firms have that are monitoring and recording your entire time in the cab.

Are you serious, half of these ■■■■■ have f all else to do
proven by those who immeadiatelly get calls along the lines of…‘‘why are you going that way/why have you stopped’’ some are employed to do that. :open_mouth: