Driver arrested for murder

sammym:

tachograph:

sammym:
This thread is a disgrace and the mods should have a look at it.

Someone is dead and people are making jokes. I think the name on the side of the lorry makes no difference in the slightest.

A driver who went to work (who does the same job as us) has been accused of killing someone. I think it’s out of order people are making light of this situation.

Surely you must be joking ?

No mate. Not at all. If my family member had been killed I’d not be too impressed with people making jokes like:

“Green for GO GO GO.”

“1st question. If the incident happened under a bridge then how on earth did the Stobarts truck move and hit the pedestrian?”

“2nd question. While he is being held for questioning is he on other work or p.o.a?”

“Or could even be a rest period if a bunk or couchette is available.”

Perhaps if it were your wife/child/mother/father you’d be more chilled out.

And if you had been arrested for the most serious crime in the country I’m sure you’d think it was hilarious when your colleagues made fun of your ability to drive under a bridge.

You nonsense spouting clown, why do you come up with this drivel? Cut out the drugs and get a grip ffs,

Wasn’t any of my family, I haven’t been arrested for murder.
Now that we’ve cleared that up and you’ve had your daily attention it’s back to bed for you, wretched little troll… :unamused:

mickymidas:
Think you’ve all got wrong end of stick .
The way Midlands evening news explained it , seems the deceased person actually came from the motorway above & was seen in confrontation with A N other on hard shoulder, . No mention of HGV driver to blame , completely opposite . Sounded to me like he landed in front of HGV .
Got to feel sorry for driver if so .

Not from what they say here…

birminghammail.co.uk/news/m … n-15028805

Norfolkinclue1:

sammym:

tachograph:

sammym:

Someone is dead and people are making jokes. I think the name on the side of the lorry makes no difference in the slightest.

A driver who went to work (who does the same job as us) has been accused of killing someone. I think it’s out of order people are making light of this situation.

No mate. Not at all. If my family member had been killed I’d not be too impressed with people making jokes like:

“Green for GO GO GO.”

“1st question. If the incident happened under a bridge then how on earth did the Stobarts truck move and hit the pedestrian?”

“2nd question. While he is being held for questioning is he on other work or p.o.a?”

“Or could even be a rest period if a bunk or couchette is available.”

Perhaps if it were your wife/child/mother/father you’d be more chilled out.

And if you had been arrested for the most serious crime in the country I’m sure you’d think it was hilarious when your colleagues made fun of your ability to drive under a bridge.

You nonsense spouting clown, why do you come up with this drivel? Cut out the drugs and get a grip ffs,

Wasn’t any of my family, I haven’t been arrested for murder.
Now that we’ve cleared that up and you’ve had your daily attention it’s back to bed for you, wretched little troll… :unamused:

Calm yourself down. It was only about a week ago you got yourself all upset and had to publically apologise to people because you mouthed off on the internet. If you don’t wind it in you will have another thread where you end up having to grovel and apologise for not knowing how to behave yourself.

P.S - Unlike you I’d say everything I say on here to someone’s face. That means I don’t crack jokes about dead people or ridicule people who are facing an investigation for murder. But frankly, you’re a muppet. I’m more than happy to say that to your face if you ever find yourself in Brum. Have a nice evening mate - enjoy licking windows and other things people of your ilk do. :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

xichrisxi:
To be arrested for murder means he’s purposely set out to kill him using his vehicle,otherwise would of been causing death by dangerous driving…people need to chill out a bit.

Im no legal expert but I think theres a difference between arrested for murder and charged with murder.
I think you get arrested while they investigate the events before you get charged.
Like that old guy who killed the burglar. He got arrested and everyone was kicking up hell but the police had to arrest him till they figured out what happened.
Thats my understanding of it but no doubt the top lawyers masquerading as truck drivers will inform us of the definite legalities! :laughing:

hotel magnum:
if you don’t like whats written don’t read it,

I know what you meant but theres a bit of a major flaw in that logic mate!

No doubt the mods will close this but nothing wrong with a few light hearted comments Sammy…
This isnt the 70s we get this stuff on the news 24/7 it’s only natural it loses its shock value to us and we become used to things such as murder.

Feel sorry for the Stobarts driver!
Were they no cyclists to blame?

mickymidas:
The way Midlands evening news explained it , seems the deceased person actually came from the motorway above & was seen in confrontation with A N other on hard shoulder, . No mention of HGV driver to blame , completely opposite . Sounded to me like he landed in front of HGV .

He likely fell when Stobarts hit the bridge.

sammym:

That actually made me laugh!
People make jokes about eveything good or bad, thats just life.
I would say if it offends you dont read it.

ezydriver:

mickymidas:

He likely fell when Stobarts hit the bridge.

You sir get a gold start for that :grimacing:

yourhavingalarf:
Doesn’t Eddie…

Have dashcams in his motors?

Correct mate. TN CSI not required on this one as there will be a (word of the day coming up)…plethora of evidence available :wink:

sammym:

Bore off

xichrisxi:

jakethesnake:

Roymondo:

xichrisxi:
To be arrested for murder means he’s purposely set out to kill him using his vehicle,otherwise would of been causing death by dangerous driving…people need to chill out a bit.

No - to be arrested for murder means that there is reasonable suspicion that he intended to kill or inflict serious injury. It doesn’t mean that he actually had that intention, just that there is reasonable suspicion that he did. Other press reports are saying that the Stobart driver has indeed been arrested on suspicion of Murder. Seems the red mist was strong with this one…

You beat me to that!

xichrisxi maybe you need to wake up to reality?

Explain how I need to wake up to reality…

“Murder is an offence under the common law of England and Wales. It is considered the most serious form of homicide, in which one person kills another with the intention to unlawfully cause either death or serious injury”

If he killed him but didn’t set out to intentionally kill him then it would of been a man slaughter charge not murder.
Maybe you need to stop trying to apply clever sentences you hear from others into your own vocabulary…

He has not been arrested for Murder, he has been arrested on Suspicion of Murder, only a court and Jury can state guilt of the offence, of course, the Local force will lay the highest charge upon the driver. To kill IE murder the charges will have to be proved, (burden of Proof) but if it is proved (beyond reasonable) that the driver did indeed direct the truck towards the victim with deliberate intent well he deserves all he gets… currently, if he drove the vehicle towards him, in a heat of the moment (ie as stated red mist) or unless it was indeed pre meditated then I doubt very much the charge of murder will stick …

quote=“sammym”]

Norfolkinclue1:

sammym:

tachograph:

sammym:

You go on about mocking dead people then in the same sentence you mock inflicted people by calling them window lickers,we all know what window lickers are,what if one of you family was a so called window licker,would you be on here spouting off? :open_mouth:

hotel magnum:
get a grip lads, speculation is inherently a human response, the same as humor, grief etc, we are all different, if you don’t like whats written don’t read it,

Ah, but how do you know if you don’t like it if you don’t read it? That kind of thinking will likely offend those who get offended and make them demand that they not get offended by your offensive remarks concerning their offence. You barbarian you [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Pity it wasn’t a taxi driver he killed.

jeeez.i knew racism would come into it sooner or later… :slight_smile:

halewood:

Taxi drivers are generally okay. Minicab, different story.

great response from the company , showing why they are no1 , no burying there head in the sand like other companies do,

a perfect example of one of the reasons as to why you wouldnt want to work for stobarts there. :unamused:

Drempels:

halewood:

Taxi drivers are generally okay. Minicab, different story.

Correct. PHD was what I meant.