Downton knows something we don't? LHVs coming?

chester1:
As others have said it’s for the presses they have a joloader system that unloads in about 2 mins that needs to be dead in line also loaded via that at aylesford newsprint look at the back of any old C&H trailer

Those JoLoader floors are a pain in the aris unless the unit and trailer only ever does reels. I had a JoLoader floor in my first trailer and it added the better part of a tonne to the weight of the trailer which made backloading a ballsache.

Hi Luke, Sealane used to have these types of trailers, I used to sub contact for them and these types of trailers were used at the old Aylesford news print, you backed up to the dock and it locked in, but you had to raise the underrun bar up or you broke the bolts if you left then down.

Downtons took over C&H, and C&H had plenty of Broxbourne trailers with kingpins at the back - for alligning with unloading bays at places like News Internationa’s plant just off J25 of the M25…

Downtons getting hold of these trailers - was actually quite a wheeze when C&H collapsed, as they are still used in abundance for “shotgun loaded” paper reels to this day, as far as I know.

I last drove one to make a paper drop at Broxbourne in early 2015.

Broxbourne Trailer.jpg

Winseer:
Downtons took over C&H, and C&H had plenty of Broxbourne trailers with kingpins at the back - for alligning with unloading bays at places like News Internationa’s plant just off J25 of the M25…

Downtons getting hold of these trailers - was actually quite a wheeze when C&H collapsed, as they are still used in abundance for “shotgun loaded” paper reels to this day, as far as I know.

They sure are still in use.Only used at the Broxbourne press though.They are in need of some tlc though thats for sure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Think the guy who designed them for C&H holds rights to them and Dumbdowns won’t pay so tlc may be a long time coming. Also this is the reason that there are no new ones coming on fleet.

nick2008:

yourhavingalarf:
Carlsberg at Northampton…

Used trailers that locked onto a dock then the entire load is tipped/loaded by being pushed on or off the trailer.

Langdons at Gerber Bridgewater use the same system on the shuttle trailers

The Carlsberg trailers were called hydroroll the trailers did not lock on but did have guide ramps that centred the trailer and set it the correct height. They had lot of problems with chassis cracking and also they used to jam quite regularly, requiring climbing up on the bed with a big crowbar. I think they have stopped using them now.

Beau Nydel:
Think the guy who designed them for C&H holds rights to them and Dumbdowns won’t pay so tlc may be a long time coming. Also this is the reason that there are no new ones coming on fleet.

Believe it was a chap called Jim.But i think he gave up the rights to them.Because we have some new ones up at Shotton.And geebees also have a couple of new ones too.But the new ones are’nt as good as those old solid ones.

Winseer:

I followed one out of Shotton this morning. Didn’t look too bad. Ideal for shotgun reels instead of the tall trailers we use, just not much use for anything else

Beau Nydel:

How much is the “Rights” worth if C&H went ■■■■ up, and Downtons brought over the lot?

Surely Downtons can demand that the “Rights” are part of what is due to the receiver, which would be them?

mm1988:

Winseer:

I followed one out of Shotton this morning. Didn’t look too bad. Ideal for shotgun reels instead of the tall trailers we use, just not much use for anything else

They are no use for anything else bar shotgun reel loads.The floor inside is shaped the same as the reels.And comes upto the height of the middle of the reel.Through out the length of the trailer.

daftvader:

mm1988:

Winseer:

They are no use for anything else bar shotgun reel loads.The floor inside is shaped the same as the reels.And comes upto the height of the middle of the reel.Through out the length of the trailer.

Yes, this is correct and is one type of system, as shown in this video:

youtu.be/9rE6vk9mcys

The other type is flat trailer floor but slots for the skates to go into. That type is paper reels stood on end, and presumably pallets of goods. Britvic lutterworth seem to have a similar system.