Domestic oil deliveries

Has anyone had or has any experience of this type of work? Got a offer of full time job on class 2. 40+ hours min at £11 an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you physically fit as you’ll be dragging hoses some distance in many delivery points, usually the length of the drive way to the back of the house. Farms are ok though.

yes mate, done it in the 90’s for a couple of year’s and then moved on to c1 petrol. i can honestly say it was the most interesting job i have had. everyday was different delivering to house’s,factories,farm’s,mansion house’s etc. it can be a bit physical dragging a hose full of gas oil over all sort of obstacles but i looked at it as a workout. if you get the chance take it.

Not done it but always fancied the job, but suspect doing it for gas supplies would be better as theres no residue to worry about in the pipes.

trevHCS:
Not done it but always fancied the job, but suspect doing it for gas supplies would be better as theres no residue to worry about in the pipes.

when i was doing it there were two pump system’s , wet line and dry line with the wet line the hose was always full usually 80 litres with the dry line the pump blew it through and left the hose empty.

For those who have done it… do or did you enjoy the job? I’m reasonably fit so the hose won’t be an issue. I’m on class 1 now doing bulk Tanker work but the domestic deliveries are paying more per hour and I would be home every night in my own bed.

have you read my first post mate :astonished:

m.a.n rules:

Hi mate, yes thanks for your reply. You would recommend it then.

Not ever done that job , know a few who do. None of them have ever left to go tramping.
Draw your own conclusions.

Tucker9037:

m.a.n rules:

Hi mate, yes thanks for your reply. You would recommend it then.

100% recommend it. can be a bit messy this time of year but you will be supplied with all the best gear for the job. come summer the work load eases a bit so nice early finishes.

Old John:
Not ever done that job , know a few who do. None of them have ever left to go tramping.
Draw your own conclusions.

Love it!

I’m on gas, so a lot of similarities - delivery locations in the middle of nowhere, terrain etc.(& weather conditions :open_mouth:).

Looks like you’ve been convinced to go for it.

Good luck with the hose! :laughing: :laughing:
2015-09-02 09.14.43.jpg

Watch out for…

1. Gnomes
  2. Dog/cat ■■■
  3. Expensive/exotic Plants
  4. ■■■■■ older ladies who make innuendos about the length of your hose.

Here in the US

109LWB:
Watch out for…

1. Gnomes
  2. Dog/cat ■■■
  3. Expensive/exotic Plants
  4. ■■■■■ older ladies who make innuendos about the length of your hose.

A good bladder for all the tea and coffee you`ll get offered? You would get offered a brew if you delivered here anyway!

I did this kind of job for 7 yrs and loved it. go for it, the only thing I hated was dog Sh*t in peoples gardens, no way of going round it the hose always pulls straight, I once dropped my hose and the gun landed in dog ■■■ I stuck it in the customers oil tank to clean it. on the delivery ticket I wrote " drivers hose covered in dog ■■■■■ , thanks" I got a small bollocking for that :slight_smile: really enjoyed the work and still have mates working for the same company over 10 yrs later.

Tankerman24:
…the only thing I hated was dog Sh*t in peoples gardens…

Whenever I’ve been caught out by boot-turd, usually in autumn when they’re hidden under a blanket of fallen leaves, etc., there just happened to be one of those bristly “Welcome” mats at the front door. No need to write anything on the ticket… :sunglasses:

i’m currently looking for a new job. how do i get into this type of work. i hold a class 2 licence and i see these all the time on my delivery route.
can any1 recommend any companies in the north east. teesside area preferably

i haven’t really looked into it but id assume i need to look into ADR training first

You need adr min class3 and tanks. Also now need pdp (petroleum drivers passport) but that training is normally done in house when to get a job.