Do i need cpc and digi card

Hi been offered job in commercial workshop that does repairs and takes vehicles for mot tests my question is do i need cpc and digi card ?
Company say their exempt but im not so sure as my main job would be as hgv driver (collection & delivery )

hook:
Hi been offered job in commercial workshop that does repairs and takes vehicles for mot tests my question is do i need cpc and digi card ?
Company say their exempt but im not so sure as my main job would be as hgv driver (collection & delivery )

C&D driver needs both but the workshop driver needs neither
If doing both then the workshop job would count as other work for the EU regs so cannot be used as rest

I am almost 100% on this but if someone knows more then ok

“my main job would be as hgv driver (collection & delivery )”

If your main job is driving HGV then yes, you need em. There are exceptions but I don´t think you meet the criteria. I.E. your main job is driving HGV delivering and collecting loads, not a mechanic/fitter taking veh, occasionally, for test etc.

gov.uk/guidance/driver-cpc- … s-examples
There are examples splashed all over this doc, you may find one that applies. Good luck bro.

Thanks for replies that’s how i read it as im not working as mechanic and job title was HGV Driver and i don’t have dcpc so that’s that.

If you never carry a load or passengers in that employment then you’re exempt from the EU regs, do no Digi card required, you then come under GB domestic regs, but if you don’t drive for more than 4 hours per day and stay with 50km of base, then no records are required for that day, if it’s a no to either then you can fill out a logbook or put your Digi card in and set to out of scope

If you’re driving to and from pre booked tests then you’re exempt from the dcpc too