Do i need anything else to start work

I am coming up to training in the next few weeks. I will have done my all my modules and hopefully passed. Is there anything else i will need to pay for before i start work? I don’t mean gloves, boots etc. I mean a tacho, smart card etc?? I just want to be able to start work as soon as i pass and would rather know of any other costs, pay for them now so i can get driving

You’ll need your driving licence and DQC which hopefully you’ll have within a couple of weeks after the tests, the only other thing you’ll need to buy is a driver card (tachograph smart card) unless you’ve already got one.

You can legally drive whilst waiting for your driving licence and DQC to arrive but whether any company will let you drive without them is another story.

A digicard can be got with just a B licence

tachograph:
You can legally drive whilst waiting for your driving licence and DQC to arrive

From the back of my CPC Mod 4 test pass certificate (already passed Mod 2 obviously):

“…This certificate forms parts of your Driver CPC qualification; a DQC is the only legitimate proof of Driver CPC acquisition in the UK and there are penalties for driving professionally without a DQC. You should receive your DQC within 20 days of completing either the initial qualification or 35 hours periodic training. You do not have to wait for your DQC to arrive before driving professionally, though you should first confirm the DQC has been issued.”

ETS:

tachograph:
You can legally drive whilst waiting for your driving licence and DQC to arrive

From the back of my CPC Mod 4 test pass certificate (already passed Mod 2 obviously):

“…This certificate forms parts of your Driver CPC qualification; a DQC is the only legitimate proof of Driver CPC acquisition in the UK and there are penalties for driving professionally without a DQC. You should receive your DQC within 20 days of completing either the initial qualification or 35 hours periodic training. You do not have to wait for your DQC to arrive before driving professionally, though you should first confirm the DQC has been issued.”

That’s the relevant part of that notice.

Though you are required to carry evidence that you have hold or a waiting for a valid DQC, the evidence may be any of the following.

(a)a driver qualification card;

(b)a Community licence with the Community code;

(c)a driver’s certificate granted to him by a member State other than the United Kingdom as referred to in Article 10(3)(a) of the Directive; or

(d)any other document issued to the driver by a member State other than the United Kingdom certifying an initial CPC or a periodic CPC.

Sorry again with the questions… how do i go about getting said smart card? How much are they and how long do they take to arrive? I am wondering if i need to get it sorted now

Thanks everybody

JASCAMBS:
Sorry again with the questions… how do i go about getting said smart card? How much are they and how long do they take to arrive? I am wondering if i need to get it sorted now

Thanks everybody

gov.uk/apply-for-a-digital- … smart-card

JASCAMBS:

You can get a driver card anytime and it lasts for 5 years, you should receive it no later than 15 days after the DVLA receive your application form and payment, there’s probably no point in sending for it too early but that’s your choice.

Form D777B(DL) (Use this form if you have a photo driving licence)

Cost £38.00

Thank you again people. I am going to apply for it now. So i passed my Mods 1 and 2, doing my Mod 4 on 4th of Oct and driver training the week after. Once i got my smart card that will be the only thing i will need left to pay for?