Dickheads on the phone

The-Snowman:
Well I was driving for almost 15 years before it became illegal and managed to have phone conversations and drive without even having a near miss, never mind an accident and there are plenty of other people who also can.
Its the muppets who cant accept they shouldnt try it because they cant do it who ruin it for everyone else

^
This
Although ive never really been one for using my phone while driving theres plenty of experienced drivers who have done this for years without problem. I multi task while driving and im 100% safe doing so and so are very many ohers. As you say its the idiots who dont have it in them to do so that get evryone tarred with the same brush… :unamused:

Ps- excuse the speeling mistakes, laptop was jumping around over some bumps…

AndrewG:

Juddian:
Excellent, should be seeing a reduction in the council tax soon, with all the holier than thou’s doing the job of the old bill for them.

Incidentally where does one buy a halo.

^
This
Ill never understand why anyone would want to shop someone else for driving misdemeanors. Ignoring what others do and just getting on with your day i always find is the best bet.If the guy wants to use his phone, either to get nicked or smash his car up let him get on with it… :sunglasses:

All well and good until he smashes his car in to my mrs car carrying my young children. This is why the bell ends need to be stopped and should have driving privileges instantly removed. It’s not that difficult to make those “uber” important calls and texts before you pull off!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UselessForce:

AndrewG:

Juddian:
Excellent, should be seeing a reduction in the council tax soon, with all the holier than thou’s doing the job of the old bill for them.

^
This
Ill never understand why anyone would want to shop someone else for driving misdemeanors. Ignoring what others do and just getting on with your day i always find is the best bet.If the guy wants to use his phone, either to get nicked or smash his car up let him get on with it… :sunglasses:

All well and good until he smashes his car in to my mrs car carrying my young children. This is why the bell ends need to be stopped and should have driving privileges instantly removed. It’s not that difficult to make those “uber” important calls and texts before you pull off!!

Of course, no one ‘needs’ to use their phone driving…but… i still say ignore it and dont get wound up by it. By the time youve rung it in to report it theyll be long gone. Shopping others no matter what theyre doing whilst driving isnt my cup of tea. Theres too much legislation out there already (and getting worse) without grassing other drivers up trying to earn a crust…

Whilst I don’t agree with the offenders, I really don’t see the point in people ranting or grassing others up. It gets you nowhere apart from the rough end of the keyboard on an Internet forum. While you may feel all big and powerful, the person at the end of the phone, be that boss or copper, has put the phone down, looked at the hand set and uttered the words mug, whilst performing the Nescafé jive :wink:

So what are the grassers saying? If you see someone in the phone, you should then use my phone to call plod?

Brilliant idea, now why didn’t I think if that!

Yes grassers we all know it’s wrong, but while you’re so preoccupied with what others are doing, are you then fully concentrated on what you should be doing? No, I didn’t think so…

Maybe you should be pulling over and calling the plod to hand yourself in!

Evil8Beezle:
So what are the grassers saying? If I see someone in the phone, you should then use my phone to call plod?

Yes grassers we all know it’s wrong, but while your so preoccupied with what others are doing, are you then fully concentrated on what you should be doing? No, I didn’t think so…

Far too many do gooders around mate out on the road and on this forum.
You can guarantee the halo type are also dressed pristine with shiny steelies, spotless hi vis and polished helmet. These ones stick to the letter of the law at all times, have a distinguished tacho record, jump when the boss tells them to and are the biggest bull ■■■■■■■■ geeky nerds in the crappy RDC waiting rooms…

The-Snowman:

Uncle Albie:

The-Snowman:
Lots of people can have a phone conversation and drive at the same time but unfortunately there are a lot of people out there whose ambition vastly exceeds their ability so the law needs to take these ones as the bench mark for which to deal with everyone as a whole.
In an ideal world the law would allow for use of common sense approach and for people to make up their own minds and be allowed to make a call or even text as long as they can do both and concentrate on the driving first and foremost but unfortunately there are people who think they are a lot better at multi tasking than they actually are.

Oh yeah snowman you mean the arrogant ones that think talking on their phone does not affect their concentration.Sorry pal but it does even if you are a super human professional truck driver.
It has been proved time and time again.Yes some may be able to cope with it better than others but it can go wrong for anyone and that is why it needs to be eradicated and let the bellends concentrate on what they are meant to be concentrating on.

Well I was driving for almost 15 years before it became illegal and managed to have phone conversations and drive without even having a near miss, never mind an accident and there are plenty of other people who also can.
Its the muppets who cant accept they shouldnt try it because they cant do it who ruin it for everyone else

Yes you and 1000’s of others were doing it and the majority got away with it but that does not mean you are infalable pal.Nobody is,things can happen so quickly and if your concentration is not fully on driving then you could be in trouble.
Next you will be telling me you do not need any concentration to make a call. :laughing:

Evil8Beezle:
So what are the grassers saying? If you see someone in the phone, you should then use my phone to call plod?

Yes grassers we all know it’s wrong, but while you’re so preoccupied with what others are doing, are you then fully concentrated on what you should be doing? No, I didn’t think so…

You are talking absolute rubbish pal.If I notice a driver swerving around or mounting a kerb then I am being observant like I should be when I am driving and I want the arrogant ■■■■ off the road for my safety and everyone elses.

AndrewG:

The-Snowman:

^
This
Although ive never really been one for using my phone while driving theres plenty of experienced drivers who have done this for years without problem. I multi task while driving and im 100% safe doing so and so are very many ohers. As you say its the idiots who dont have it in them to do so that get evryone tarred with the same brush… :unamused:

You multi task whilst driving and you are 100% safe.
Talk about sheer arrogance.
You need to have a good think to yourself before you have a serious accident pal.

So Uncle Albie ‘‘pal’’ are you telling us that 100% of the time you are driving distance you are fully concentrating 100% of the time on the driving ?
If that is so you are a better man than I am, in fact I would go as far as to say that it was humanly impossible to do so.
I and many others as an example, have passed say an MSA, and not remembered, …also commonlly known as ‘Auto pilot’ . :bulb:

Also how can you be concentrating 100% on your own driving if you are regularly marshalling everybody elses, or ringing the Police to inform them of poor driving standards among the rest of us mere inferior mortals.

smokinbarrels:

AndrewG:

Juddian:

^
This

The above has to be one of the most selfish spineless replies I’ve ever seen.

‘That’s the attitude, next time you witness a crime or serious offence just drive past and keep it to yourself, at the end of the day it’s got nothing to do with you.’ #WhatAnIdiot.

MINUS 1 THERE
:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i reckon that anyone driving and doing whatever they want is perfectly acceptable.if they kill maim destroy anything or anyone i dont personally have any feelings for then i couldnt give a monkeys.i dont care if they smoke,phone,txt,or juggle hamsters…i couldnt care less.

the world is in a downhill spiral for uncaring people…why only the other day i was standing at a bus stop with about 25 other people waiting patiently for the bus when a cpl of youths were mugging an old pensioner in a shop doorway opposite…it must have been a terrible ordeal for the old dear for a good 5 mins,but not one single person would think of leaving the queue to cross the road to go to her assistance…utterly shocking :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

trucknet is choc a bloc with armchair vikings and duddly doogood road commanders…what happened to the real world :confused:

Too many idiots.not enough keyboard warriors…ha ha Yes i wonder if it will ever stop them using the phone whilst driving. Endorsements/points a big fine.between £1000 and £2500 if your driving a truck or coach, and a complete loss of licence if you have only held a licence for up to 2 years…so thats enough warning not to do it.
Today the man is coming to wire my hands free into my car…it was easier to buy a stick on one…but its being wired into my speakers and steering wheel controls so is completely hands free as the phone can stay in the arm rest or locker…this was still the cheaper option to a complete re-wire for a hands free kit that my cars doesnt have…so £200 well spent.and it can be taken out and used in another vehicle via ciggy lighter, and can also acces a phone book, music, and whatever else…also can use a Ipod and can be used by passengers in the car…so all in all a great piece of kit for a minimal price.

chester1:

mazzer:

pickandmix:
Same as smoking in the truck. Nobody gets prosecuted for it

Hardly in the same league of crimes really considering the damage that a numpty on the phone can do

Really ? The ammout of people I see swerving all over the place trying to light or roll a ■■■ or looking for the crap that goes with it then flicking the dog end out of the window . Every bit as distracting

:blush: ow sheet thats me sorry :open_mouth:

robroy:
So Uncle Albie ‘‘pal’’ are you telling us that 100% of the time you are driving distance you are fully concentrating 100% of the time on the driving ?
If that is so you are a better man than I am, in fact I would go as far as to say that it was humanly impossible to do so.
I and many others as an example, have passed say an MSA, and not remembered, …also commonlly known as ‘Auto pilot’ . :bulb:

Also how can you be concentrating 100% on your own driving if you are regularly marshalling everybody elses, or ringing the Police to inform them of poor driving standards among the rest of us mere inferior mortals.

Listen “PAL” Of course I try to concentrate on my driving 100% of the time but I am human and can get slightly distracted sometimes but not by a phone or a text or by playing with a sat nav or myself.
I like you have been in the transport industry many years and am appalled by what I see drivers doing behind the wheel.It never used to happen but then we did not used to have all these gadgets to play with.
Its all about self dicipline and very few seem to own that quality these days.
Anyway my earlier post was about a driver who reckons he multi tasks behind the wheel and is still 100% safe.I am sure you like me know none of us are 100% safe anytime never mind trying to do other things.Some people need some sense knocked into them.

mazzer:

chester1:

mazzer:

pickandmix:
Same as smoking in the truck. Nobody gets prosecuted for it

Hardly in the same league of crimes really considering the damage that a numpty on the phone can do

Really ? The ammout of people I see swerving all over the place trying to light or roll a ■■■ or looking for the crap that goes with it then flicking the dog end out of the window . Every bit as distracting

And the last time a family was wiped out by a smoking driver was?

Read the post again .

Uncle Albie:

robroy:

Listen “PAL” Of course I try to concentrate on my driving 100% of the time but I am human and can get slightly distracted sometimes but not by a phone or a text or by playing with a sat nav or myself.
I like you have been in the transport industry many years and am appalled by what I see drivers doing behind the wheel.It never used to happen but then we did not used to have all these gadgets to play with.
Its all about self dicipline and very few seem to own that quality these days.
Anyway my earlier post was about a driver who reckons he multi tasks behind the wheel and is still 100% safe.I am sure you like me know none of us are 100% safe anytime never mind trying to do other things.Some people need some sense knocked into them.

Who is going to do it, YOU? :laughing: You couldn’t knock a nail into wet plasterboard you knob :grimacing:

A A Calm Down Calm Down

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Uncle Albie:

AndrewG:

The-Snowman:

^
This

You multi task whilst driving and you are 100% safe.
Talk about sheer arrogance.
You need to have a good think to yourself before you have a serious accident pal.

Im experienced and safe enough to do other things whilst actually driving, its no big deal! Saving time is what its about, i dont want to start peeling the spuds at the start of a 45 when they could already be done and blanched while going over the Pyrenees. As for serious accidents, never had one ‘pal’ and just know ill never have one…at least one thats my fault anyway…
Arrogance? 100kph, weight bonus’s and all manner of misdemeanors that will have you and all the other do gooders and tree huggers on here having a heart attack…yes arrogant…its my middle name…

chester1:

mazzer:

chester1:

And the last time a family was wiped out by a smoking driver was?

Read the post again .

Why?
The post is about phones if you want to have a rant about smoking then start a new thread, Think the police have bigger things to do than do someone for smoking after all they are hardly making an impression on drivers using their phones

Uncle Albie:

Evil8Beezle:

You are talking absolute rubbish pal.If I notice a driver swerving around or mounting a kerb then I am being observant like I should be when I am driving and I want the arrogant [zb] off the road for my safety and everyone elses.

So then ‘chum’ how are you going to achieve that? as it’s clear the clue I put in my post passed you by unnoticed, almost like you’re incapable of concentrating and paying attention…

Are you going to pull over and phone the plod whilst that driver disappears into the sunset, or are you going to stay with that offender calling the plod whilst you’re also at the wheel?

To help you out, as I think you need it. The only way the fuzz are going to apprehend the killer in waiting, is by getting up to date info about the offenders location. So you’re going to have to stay with the perpetrator and guide the coppers to the mass murdering criminal.

And how are you going to do that then Mr Pedigree chum■■?

P. S. The coppers however will just think the same as most of us. You’re an idiot who isn’t worth listening to…