Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Bewick:
Well done to your Mate Buzzer so what you have to do is cut his “brush” (tail) off and keep it as a trophy i.e. Buzzer 1 Reynard 0 ! But ugh! it looks a bit grotty to say the least not like the fine specimens we have up in our part of the world ! Wrighty will concur ! Looks like you should have taken pity on him and put out a saucer of milk for him every night eh! Cheers Dennis.

Hey up Dennis it was peeing down when he got shot that’s why he looked so bedraggled but my god did he stink, I would have put a saucer of milk out if I could have laced it with summit deadly but alas you cannot do that any more, put him in a plastic bag to take him to dump in the woods but he was in the garage for a couple of hours first and it still smells in there now just hope he aint got too many mates, some people don’t like you shooting them but they can do real damage if you don’t stop em, cheers Buzzer.

—king 'ell Buzzer you had him your garage for a while, are you some kind of “Anti” or what ? ! Don’t put the little [zb] in a plastic bag as that will prolong and preserve the evidence ! just sling him into a corner of the wood where his carcass will soon be dealt with by the other smaller scavengers, same as I do with The Greys ! Cheers Dennis.

That’s what I did the bag was just to transport the smelly git, Buzzer

Sunday Agricultural update for you all, mustered the troops five plus me to move steers to new pastures. These Angus animals are quite placid and it helped that they were at the gate of there field when we went to collect them in fact no one had to set foot into the field at all, we ran them up a private track into the barn and trucked them the short distance to the park. Plenty of lush grass there so should keep them happy for a while, then ran two odd steers down to the marsh. After this me and my mate had to clean up and wash out the truck, something about cattle as soon as they get loaded they have to have a crap and as they are on grass its green and very sloppy so a right mess, all went like clockwork today so well pleased and just came back from checking them to see they are settled in, good job more rain now please, cheers Buzzer.

Morning,
Just trying to get my head arround this Mr Basil smelling.
There he is on a late start for his chicken breakfast, starting to rain, not fully awake yet and as he gets a little nearer to his meal some misserable B****d shoots him up the As with a shot gun.
Let me tell you folks, I would smell. !!! Harvey

Catching up with a bit of remedial work today, got the flail topper on and did the field where the steers came out of Sunday just to knock off the tough old grass and tidy it up, also as there is a roller on the topper it scwidges all the cow pats especially after the rain we had during the night, just sit back and watch it grow now, Buzzer.

SH100969.JPG
SH100957.JPGAt least you dont have them all watching you have dinner.

2002/3 ex Davies Super Space Cab on the left, next to my red XF

kindle530:

Aye they ran some crap when J. D. was in charge ! Anon 1. :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

kindle530:

Aye they ran some crap when J. D. was in charge ! Anon 1. :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Dennis IIRC we Bought the DAF’s because of a negative attitude from our Volvo dealer at the time and of course we had a good deal as the DAF dealer wanted to get a foot in the door, at that time I was buying a dozen new motors every year, not massive but a considerable number in Southampton. We went back to Volvo until we encountered the same negativity again and on to Scania which we ran early on, mainly the V8’s as they were on top of the job and driven right were good on fuel, things have moved on a pace today and new motors are very efficient the only problem in my mind they need a computer to fix any problems, gone are the old days when all drivers carried enough tools to do a get you home fix which was pretty much the norm, cheers Buzzer.

As today we have intermittent rain showers so I decided to have a day jam making a mix of gooseberries and strawberries and two batches for my store shelfs. Watched the result of the ballot for a new PM and BoJo had a convincing win in the first round just hope he keeps the support and is In No10 soon as i believe he will take us out of the EU Buzzer.

Buzzer:
As today we have intermittent rain showers so I decided to have a day jam making a mix of gooseberries and strawberries and two batches for my store shelfs. Watched the result of the ballot for a new PM and BoJo had a convincing win in the first round just hope he keeps the support and is In No10 soon as i believe he will take us out of the EU Buzzer.

Looks tastie that jam Buzzer I think you missed your way my Son !! Robertson’s Golly would have had no chance !! To get back to something of a lesser importance though, the election of a new Tory PM, which I also hope it will be BoJo and I also sincerely hope that “Cometh the hour Cometh the Man” !! But I’ve got to say that Rory Stewart is a right ■■■■■■■ “hand galloper” what a ■■■■ ! We are unfortunate up this end of the UK as we have that ■■■■■■ Stewart the MP who’s constituency, Penrith & The Borders is joined to our Westmorland & Lonsdale constituency and our MP Tim Farron is a bigger ■■■■■■ than Stewart ! So come on BoJo show us what your made of Mate, how about joining up with Nige and we’ve cracked it !! Cheers Dennis.

Dennis have to agree with you about that Rory mush, he did his opening mandate in a circus big top just as well as he sure resembles an ape when you look at him, IMHO they should do this selection vote all in one day and get on with it as the suspenders is killing me, Buzzer.

PS. got a rollicking of the Boss as she has to clean the cooker when ive done.

John West:

mappo:
Hi Balders, Buzzer and everyone else.
Sorry for being absent for so long, but i’ve had a worrying 3 months…I’ve been diagnosed with the dreaded Cancer
in three different places…both lungs and prostrate.
After numerous visits to the Hospital for tests,x rays, scans, biopsies, and a couple of ’ oscopies ’ i’m finally going in tomorrow
to have part of my right lung removed tumour included hopefully…
I’ll be kept in for a week probably, and then 6-8 weeks recovering at home.
I know it’s a long way off, but hopefully i’ll be able to make the August bash ( never missed one yet ), but it depends what
further treatment i’ll be having on the other lung and prostrate.

Buzzer, what great memories i have of driving C789 BPO…wonderful times.

Hello Mappo,

Like most on here, I only know you from posts. Just want to give best wishes.

John.

Crack on Tony, had the lung out 2years ago , bit of radiotherapy , now in remission . Keep your chin up and do everything they tell you . Really top people. Regards , Dave

Jimski told me Mappo is back home recuperating for six weeks and then he has to return for more, keep smiling Tone, cheers Buzzer

Hi all just back from a couple of week’s away bit of a shocker about poor Mappo. Just gave him a ring he is ok but it’s going to be a long recovery. :sunglasses:

Hi Gerbil…
Not sure we’ve met but think you’re a mate of Rob Bartlett?
Could you pm me Tone’s number please I’d like to give him a call…

Cheers now… Stu.

Paul sent me this one yesterday from 2013.

Hi Baldrick 1953. Yes i am indeed had a few pint’s with him last week down in dorset, will try to pm you but for some reason my pm don’t always go. :sunglasses:

Hi again Baldrick have sent pm hope you get it. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the picture Dean, good to see you back in action, Cheers Buzzer.

Having seen " snapper " in the yard on Friday he said he would be posting some pictures soon, until then here is my contribution, Buzzer.