Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Coffee break in Austria
B815C8DA-613A-4C93-8F9C-E5EEB208DD20.jpegand a bit of juice,don’t normally fill up here
C3E171AE-E147-42A9-AC8E-7B85510D3B7C.jpeg

Bit of a que upto Karrawanken tunnel
956BAE11-7329-4675-8525-5B28235BFFD1.jpeg

Coffee time in Slovenia
E5C54108-1A17-415E-8317-40958B127B1C.jpeg

Got to delivery in Zagreb but tip in morning yes you can park here overnight no problem comes as a shock when most responses in uk is F off lol

Zagreb at night

The sun still shines on the righteous lol true to there word tipped first thing & in under an hour!!!

The only downside was morning rush hr leaving Zagreb but not that bad to be honest!!
5C418965-D4D0-4CE6-A300-B19CA61A137D.jpeg

Well it would be rude to leave Croatia without a coffee n sausage roll oh & some chocolate for the darkside lol
7F407D95-F7AD-4966-B58A-E55E1B96372F.jpeg
7602AA24-C5E9-4CC8-B7BC-E2FA102B48EA.jpeg

Many in the transport industry will have faced one of these, some all three but which order would they come in, Buzzer.

32089422_10156302208706241_8491218346409197568_n (2).jpg

Buzzer:
Many in the transport industry will have faced one of these, some all three but which order would they come in, Buzzer.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: yes to a couple! Maybe they should swap shops!

John.

At it this week as piping in the water channel so we can use the whole end of the barn in the winter, gives another 450 square feet of barn which is good and gives the cattle more room, get the mower a grease up tomorrow fit new blades and the weather looks set fair so may rasher some grass of as a lot bin done round here this week, Buzzer.

Evening all as Dixon of Dock Green used to say, thought I would post a picture of the vegie plot one month on and it is amazing what a bit of rain and sunshine can do, there are flowers on the early spuds and I will have to pinch the tops out of the runner beans soon. Was going to cut grass today but have to liaise with the contractor for baling and wrapping but he is busy with clamp silage at the moment said it were ok for Thursday but the weather looked like rain so I hung fire for the moment, we will get there in the end but must try and wait till the time is right, cheers Buzzer.

Photo1031.jpg

Photo1030.jpg

Photo1021.jpg

Buzzer:
Evening all as Dixon of Dock Green used to say, thought I would post a picture of the vegie plot one month on and it is amazing what a bit of rain and sunshine can do, there are flowers on the early spuds and I will have to pinch the tops out of the runner beans soon. Was going to cut grass today but have to liaise with the contractor for baling and wrapping but he is busy with clamp silage at the moment said it were ok for Thursday but the weather looked like rain so I hung fire for the moment, we will get there in the end but must try and wait till the time is right, cheers Buzzer.

Morning John,
When you say pinch the tops out, do you mean stop them rather than let them hang down when they reach the top ■■ ive never done that !! sounds good though.
10.30 ( or 22.30 ) last night as I was watching the TV, 5 cows with there calves just strolled past my window on there way down the road, not a care in the world.
100 meters down the road they found some nice grass and stoped so I brought them back up and put them in a gated trackway for the night, if you had kids that well behaved you would be a very happy man.
Harvey

HRS:

Buzzer:

Morning John,
When you say pinch the tops out, do you mean stop them rather than let them hang down when they reach the top ■■ ive never done that !! sounds good though.
10.30 ( or 22.30 ) last night as I was watching the TV, 5 cows with there calves just strolled past my window on there way down the road, not a care in the world.
100 meters down the road they found some nice grass and stoped so I brought them back up and put them in a gated trackway for the night, if you had kids that well behaved you would be a very happy man.
Harvey

Harvey I pinch the tops out to promote lower growth and have done that for years cos if you don’t they will keep growing and then fall over as nought to support them then its hard to pick the beans, also I always seem to get more crop one side of the row than the other and don’t know why. Once I had a mate who planted a runner bean at the bottom of a support wire on an electric pole and it went right to the top about 25ft but of course he could not pick the beans. As for the cows I find its always better when moving them the less people involved the better, if you go in a field with 4 or 5 strangers ears go up and they are off, far better to bag train them with a bit of grub a couple weeks before the move near the gate or corral and this makes the whole job a lot easier, cheers Buzzer.

Good plan John, its on my “to-do” list now.
Found the owner of said cows this morning, 500 yds up the road, left his gate open.
Once near the track they new there way of course.
I get to know most of the animals arround me, they hear the mower and thats it, grass is plentyfull and cheap and they love it of course. I am there best friend.
Young girl walking the cow through the village and was aproached by the new priest who said hello i am the new vicar, what are you doing with that cow dear.
I am taking it to the bull said the young girl, oh!! said the vicar, is that not something your father should be doing.
No said the young girl, it has to be the bull.
The old ones are the best eh !! cheers John. Harvey

No piece for the wicket here today as my strawberry lady text to tell me she had picked my 50lb of jammers, me and the Boss set about them destalked all and now in the freezer waiting for processing later on into jam when it rains. Did not cut any grass as forecast aint that clever so waiting a bit for that, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well a busy weekend up ere managed to get some grass baled before it rained, should be a good crop this year as we have had plenty of rain and it’s fairly warm so we shall see.
Done a few miles this week up to Fraserburgh and down to Romney marsh, taking machines down to the cereals event at Duxford on Monday and then after that who knows…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180608_008.jpg

WP_20180606_004.jpg

WP_20180605_004.jpg

WP_20180603_007.jpg

WP_20180610_006.jpg

Bring back the Pig, I bet there’s a few of these tee shirts still around.
I found mine , I’ve lost weight since I wore it last.
Can’t master the turning the photo thingy, but I did spend a lot of time when wearing those tee shirt s laying down.

■■■■■■ again !! Who took the shot ? Buzzer ? Anon 1. PS looks like a real “do” Cheers !

Bewick:
■■■■■■ again !! Who took the shot ? Buzzer ? Anon 1. PS looks like a real “do” Cheers !

I can’t master the technology. If Buzzer took them they would be the right way round. But little left on the BBQ. Lol.

Paul Who:

Bewick:

I can’t master the technology. If Buzzer took them they would be the right way round. But little left on the BBQ. Lol.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Quite correct ! :wink: