Dartford tunnel right hand lane 7.5t limit

Long story short…

When crossing dartford tunnel there are two lanes on the left hand side passage.

One marked Any Vehicle
Second one marked with 7.5t limit…

Will you get a ticket if accidentally used the right hand lane before entering the tunnel?

If so, can I expect points?

Whether you get a ticket will depend on whether you were spotted on a camera or by someone who’s bothered. It’s not endorseable so no points. Expect a fixed penalty or go to court but have £1000 in your pocket just in case!

With a bit of luck, nothing will happen.

Good luck, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

I thought it was on both tunnels

I have been stopped waiting to enter the tunnel while the message board has been shouting about a dangerous goods vehicle trying to enter the tunnel with out an ■■■■■■ so I imagine people do watch quite carefully

The signs are so high up, I missed them the first time, easy done when there’s other stuff to look at (I’m sure others will disagree), I also moved to lane 1 before entering. On my next visit I saw another driver do the same and change lane late. It’s too soon to rule out me getting a fine as it happened less than two weeks ago. But if you get one then so do a lot of others.

SJB:
The signs are so high up, I missed them the first time, easy done when there’s other stuff to look at (I’m sure others will disagree), I also moved to lane 1 before entering. On my next visit I saw another driver do the same and change lane late. It’s too soon to rule out me getting a fine as it happened less than two weeks ago. But if you get one then so do a lot of others.

I have done it multiple times in last few weeks…

Just started driving but for some reason I interpreted that sign as vehicles over 7.5t MUST use right hand lane.

It only just hit me few days ago… What the hell was I thinking.

Anyway, lesson learned. If they fine me I can live with that but points would have really clipped my wings.