Daily Fail At It Again!

I was going to post something about the fact that the opthalmically challenged Daughter is a “Lunchtime Supervisor at School”.
But I won’t.
She only managed to photo the incident by accident she was actually trying to take a pic of some baby ducklings over the wall on the river!!

cav551:
As said, the lorry is more than 3/4 of the way over the bridge and she has only just turned onto the bridge. The lorry has presumably been doing a delivery somewhere around the village since no one in their right mind would attempt to get from Maidstone to anywhere in a lorry using Yalding Hill if they didn’t have to. I am actually surprised the lorry managed to get through the village anyway because it is normally cluttered up with abandoned - sorry I meant parked - cars. Never mind they will have something to moan about shortly, the place will be under a few feet of water soon when the rains really start .

Unfortunatly maidstone still has signs pointing hgv’s that way for yalding on the corner of sheild rd and old tovil road it was the route to yalding if too tall for the bridge on 7 mile lane if going to the old ici factory

I’d be asking the daughter who she thinks she’s looking at… after squishing her poor old mum into the road. :wink:

Is it just me or is her hubby the spitting image (no pun intended!) of Wonky-Donkey’s sat-nav guy ? :smiley: :laughing:

Carryfast:
I agree with robroy not because I think he’s right.But because I couldn’t have resisted having a larf in saying to the old bat no problem just wait there while I get everyone behind me to reverse back off the bridge then I’ll follow them then you’ll be able to cross.Even better if it turned into an argument between the old bat and the drivers behind refusing to move.While I walked back down the increasing line of approaching traffic telling them all to make sufficient space for us all to reverse.Everyone wins and the Daily Malice is kept happy. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

Tbf CF I never said I would reverse back, I just think he could have handled it better.
For the benefit of a certain member…IF it actually happened. :bulb:

Still.waiting for Dorklards pearls of wisdom and opinions on the scenario btw for us less intelligents. :neutral_face:

AndrewG:
Driver was wearing a gold hi vis, no one [zb] with a gold hi vis, she was lucky not to get her head bounced off the pavement…

I would have felt sorry for her, I mean I’m still suffering from dizziness, nothing to do with the head bounce, it was the glare off his gold hi viz. :laughing:

Non story. Basically there was one vehicle who it would have been easier and more logical to turn around. And it’s not the lorry.

Osteoarthritis or not. That’s irrelevant. It’s not like she’s being asked to lift the scooter up over her head and carry it back down. What a load of tosh. That’s why she’s got the thing, it’s got wheels. A bit like the lorry driver saying he has a slipped disc so can’t reverse.

People don’t like doing things sometimes because they feel aggrieved, or entitled. It just defied logic she wouldn’t reverse when the tanker was halfway over. Some old people get on my snot sometimes anyway with their attitude. As if they’re saints. Some of them are still the same toss pots they probably were when they were young. Wagon could’ve made his life easier by trying to talk to her then give up in the face of adversity and reverse to save himself from this show.

You can just tell that Supergran and her daughter were at it on this one. Local villagers full of “you’re not from here, these are our roads” crap. Anyway i blame them, the daughter told her it was clear and she can see up and over hills and round bends. Plus Supergran has a bankswomen the lorry driver would have been at fault had he reversed and steamrolled over Superpapa coming behind him.

Either the daughter ■■■■■■ up or she was trying to direct her mum into the path of the lorry and hopefully pocket the insurance policies.

robroy:

AndrewG:
Driver was wearing a gold hi vis, no one [zb] with a gold hi vis, she was lucky not to get her head bounced off the pavement…

I would have felt sorry for her, I mean I’m still suffering from dizziness, nothing to do with the head bounce, it was the glare off his gold hi viz. :laughing:

:laughing::wink:

AndrewG:

Or refuses a breakfast.

Plus side we all know where we need to go for a free breakfast :laughing:

She didnt have to reverse, she had enough room to turn around, and its always been the case of the little vehicle giving way to the big vehicle…so i make him right, but i am a cantankerous old git at the best of times. :smiley: