Daily Fail At It Again!

ezydriver:
I swear I’d have got out and pushed her onto the cobbles myself, and probably ‘accidentally’ tipped her over depending on her attitude… “oops, what’ve you done there luv?”.

Do you mean tip her off the side of the bridge? :laughing:

raymundo:
Another valid reason why the publics attitudes towards truckers stinks … that driver is an ignorant knobhead !!

Its Daily Mail readers they hate everybody who aren’t like them and they even hate them sometimes. :confused:

mrginge:

ezydriver:
I swear I’d have got out and pushed her onto the cobbles myself, and probably ‘accidentally’ tipped her over depending on her attitude… “oops, what’ve you done there luv?”.

Do you mean tip her off the side of the bridge? :laughing:

One thing’s certain… it’d be the quickest tip I’ve ever had.

Why no picture of her daughter? No mention of her boss eyed son being there so why put a picture of him in the article :wink:

So she is whinging at having to reverse a motibility scooter because the lorry wouldnt? I dont think she sees the flaw in that statement.

And another thing, why is it these people are always coming back from doctors appoitments, rushing to see their sick children/parents or on way to hospital?

Just a lighthearted beer fuelled comment.

From the article:- “…the frail OAP to reverse backwards”

Forgive the basic question, but how do you reverse forwards?

Paul

Years ago back in the seventies, I used to frequent a scrapyard in east Lancs and the bloke who owned it had shall we say optical challenges.

Whilst he was talking to you, one eye would fixedly hold you in its gaze - whilst the other would randomly roam his office looking at things it found interesting.

That was seriously disconcerting.

Sorry for going off thread, truck driver has let us all down. Thanks for that.

Dork Lard:

robroy:
How do you get a lay by in the midlle of a narrow bridge?

Tbf the tanker driver could have dealt with the situation a bit better.
Don’t know about you lot, but if it had been me, at least I would have got out and watched/helped her reverse back, a bloody great truck Class 3 or otherwise can be intimidating to an old woman of her age I would imagine.
I’ve got out of my motor before now to help old infirm women cross the road.

You are thinking exactly like the daily mail want you to think.

The only facts you know about this whole situation is what you read on the daily mail website.

Are you sure that you have the truth, the whole truth & nothing but the truth?

Am I ■■ Well thanks for clearing that up. :neutral_face:

I’m only playing with the cards I’ve been dealt mate, what info was given and my own interpretation of it.
I fully understand it was a Daily Mail style typical press sensationalised non event.
I just thought the driver could have been more helpful…based on what I read.
ie…He met an old woman on a mobility bike on a narrow bridge. :bulb:

Nect time someone asks me where my hi viz is I’m going to stop them mid flow and say “excuse me don’t you mean my luminous tabard?”

Luminous tabard ■■? sounds like something from the middle east …

robroy:

I’m only playing with the cards I’ve been dealt mate, what info was given and my own interpretation of it.
I fully understand it was a Daily Mail style typical press sensationalised non event.

This is why the daily mail do it.

Despite being given the chance to re-evaluate . . . You still believe in what you’ve read.

Dork Lard:

robroy:

This is why the daily mail do it.

Despite being given the chance to re-evaluate . . . You still believe in what you’ve read.

You could say that about every article in every paper and magazine ever then eh?
As I said I was forming an opinion purely on the info I was given, I also said I knew what type of perspective it came from, how does that signify that I believe ‘everything’ exactly?
Go on then enlighten me, what’s your take on it, and what is the true version of events?

robroy:
You could say that about every article in every paper and magazine ever then eh?
As I said I was forming an opinion purely on the info I was given, I also said I knew what type of perspective it came from, how does that signify that I believe ‘everything’ exactly?
Go on then enlighten me, what’s your take on it, and what is the true version of events?

I’ll leave it there, simply because I don’t think you’re capable of ever understanding it.

Dork Lard:

robroy:

I’ll leave it there, simply because I don’t think you’re capable of ever understanding it.

I promise I’ll try harder next time. :neutral_face:

:unamused:
Nice cop out btw. :sunglasses:

Tabard was NOT worn it was draped over the back of the seat and she had by the looks of it only just got on the bridge with plenty of room on the footpath but she could have turned round. I mean it’s wide enough :unamused:

Non story. They must have waited ages with the fone ready for a wagon to arrive

sonflowerinwales:
Just a lighthearted beer fuelled comment.

From the article:- “…the frail OAP to reverse backwards”

Forgive the basic question, but how do you reverse forwards?

Paul

You can reverse forward on the car deck of a ferry :wink:

As said, the lorry is more than 3/4 of the way over the bridge and she has only just turned onto the bridge. The lorry has presumably been doing a delivery somewhere around the village since no one in their right mind would attempt to get from Maidstone to anywhere in a lorry using Yalding Hill if they didn’t have to. I am actually surprised the lorry managed to get through the village anyway because it is normally cluttered up with abandoned - sorry I meant parked - cars. Never mind they will have something to moan about shortly, the place will be under a few feet of water soon when the rains really start .

Driver was wearing a gold hi vis, no one ■■■■■ with a gold hi vis, she was lucky not to get her head bounced off the pavement…

I agree with robroy not because I think he’s right.But because I couldn’t have resisted having a larf in saying to the old bat no problem just wait there while I get everyone behind me to reverse back off the bridge then I’ll follow them then you’ll be able to cross.Even better if it turned into an argument between the old bat and the drivers behind refusing to move.While I walked back down the increasing line of approaching traffic telling them all to make sufficient space for us all to reverse.Everyone wins and the Daily Malice is kept happy. :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: