Cylops

Appropriately named…

Cyclops (Cycle Optimised Protected Signals) safe junction scheme has opened in Manchester.

Perhaps if they opened both eyes when pedalling, they might not end up being squished so often.

msn.com/en-gb/news/newsmanc … d=msedgdhp

But in the real world there is a different theory.

Among the most common causes of cycling accidents are:

Vehicles Turning Into The Path Of Cyclists. …
Drivers Failing To See Cyclists When Turning Or Changing Lanes. …
Vehicles Pulling Out Of A Junction. …
Vehicle Doors Opening In Front Of An Oncoming Cyclist. …
Bad Roads. …
Reckless Driving. …

yourhavingalarf:
Appropriately named…

Cyclops (Cycle Optimised Protected Signals) safe junction scheme has opened in Manchester.

Perhaps if they opened both eyes when pedalling, they might not end up being squished so often.

msn.com/en-gb/news/newsmanc … d=msedgdhp

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
there way to late,at 00.1 % of the cost.

you cant educate pork.

youtube.com/watch?v=Yiu1uLgwF1E

youtube.com/watch?v=3HZLGD997Ug

youtube.com/watch?v=CRUBMBi_lp4

if someone can sing this in the schools in urdu then theyre onto a winner.
youtube.com/watch?v=Vhd8bBn1kBQ

As you can see it looks as confusing as ■■■■■ I can see it causing more accidents.

Video available on YouTube

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7FBncwFDVHk

Manchester to Chorlton Cycleway - CYCLOPS junction

Might be easier for some to understand :wink:

Sixties boy:
Video available on YouTube

m.youtube.com/watch?v=7FBncwFDVHk

Manchester to Chorlton Cycleway - CYCLOPS junction

Might be easier for some to understand :wink:

Great link…

Thanks.

Ok peeps on bikes, to make things safer you can go much further round than you normally would. Being in the same place wobbling about over more car dominant areas won’t increase your percentage chance of getting smooshed at all.

How can you decrease incidents by increasing the distance people have to travel?

every cloud has a silver lining.
yes…its a joke.
yes its going to increase the accident rate,
yes itl be nothing but more needless hassle for the motorist,
yes the manchester mayor is trying to be another saquid from londonistahn.
but on a positive note,itl rapidly shorten the queue of people waiting as organ donors… :laughing:

dieseldog999:
but on a positive note,itl rapidly shorten the queue of people waiting as organ donors… :laughing:

Not going to help the queue really. I mean, what use will squashed kidneys etc complete with tyre tracks be to anyone■■? [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can design a junction like this all you want but as long as professional drivers think red lights don’t apply to them, speed limits don’t apply to them, and fail to check mirrors properly and blame everything They’ve missed on the almost none existent blind spot Nothing will really change.

Most cyclists dont follow rules of the road. They jump red lights and try to squeeze between vehicles.

on the basis that you still cant educate pork… this really says it all really■■?

youtube.com/watch?v=Yiu1uLgwF1E

youtube.com/watch?v=Vhd8bBn1kBQ

youtube.com/watch?v=3HZLGD997Ug

DickyNick:
You can design a junction like this all you want but as long as professional drivers think red lights don’t apply to them, speed limits don’t apply to them, and fail to check mirrors properly and blame everything They’ve missed on the almost none existent blind spot Nothing will really change.

The reason its called a blind spot is that it exists. If it did not they wouldn’t be a name for it. You are so anti driver why join a forum for drivers then. Your posts are predictable.

WheelsofCardiff:

DickyNick:

The reason its called a blind spot is that it exists. If it did not they wouldn’t be a name for it. You are so anti driver why join a forum for drivers then. Your posts are predictable.

I agree it does exist. But with 3 near side mirrors and one on the front with proper mirror checks and enough of them a professional driver should be aware. The blind spot is so small. I’m sick of hearing the cop out of an excuse yeah but they were in my blind spot.

For example, mirror check one see a car up near side. Mirror check 2 they aren’t there any more. Do I change lanes? Yes…smash. Or no I was aware a car was there 10 seconds ago but now I can’t see it so it COULD be in the blind spot. Start signalling in case they are but then wait and check again. Chances are in another 10 seconds if they were in the small blind spot area that they are now visible in one of the mirrors. But too many pro drivers it’s one check and move. Then blame it on other person being in blind spot. I’m not anti driver i get sick and tired of excuses for poor drivers and rule breakers.

jakethesnake:
But in the real world there is a different theory.

Among the most common causes of cycling accidents are:

Vehicles Turning Into The Path Of Cyclists. …
Drivers Failing To See Cyclists When Turning Or Changing Lanes. …
Vehicles Pulling Out Of A Junction. …
Vehicle Doors Opening In Front Of An Oncoming Cyclist. …
Bad Roads. …
Reckless Driving. …

And some of the above are done by professional drivers who go tear arsing about and don’t have 30 seconds spare to obey a speed limit or stop for a red lights that’s just changed.

damoq:
Not going to help the queue really. I mean, what use will squashed kidneys etc complete with tyre tracks be to anyone■■?

Your going to have to squish their heads when you run em over to kill em (after all I understand a cyclists Is s’posed to be brain dead anyhow), that way you’ll preserve the good bits

DickyNick:

WheelsofCardiff:

DickyNick:

I agree it does exist. But with 3 near side mirrors and one on the front with proper mirror checks and enough of them a professional driver should be aware. The blind spot is so small. I’m sick of hearing the cop out of an excuse yeah but they were in my blind spot.

For example, mirror check one see a car up near side. Mirror check 2 they aren’t there any more. Do I change lanes? Yes…smash. Or no I was aware a car was there 10 seconds ago but now I can’t see it so it COULD be in the blind spot. Start signalling in case they are but then wait and check again. Chances are in another 10 seconds if they were in the small blind spot area that they are now visible in one of the mirrors. But too many pro drivers it’s one check and move. Then blame it on other person being in blind spot. I’m not anti driver i get sick and tired of excuses for poor drivers and rule breakers.

The blind spot is so small…REALLY? youtube.com/watch?v=Y9E1_1M-qhU

I live in Manchester…ok not near this Cyclops thing.
And untiill read post here I hadn’t even heard of it.
The council should be promoting it doing adverts etc. Making people aware how it works etc…
As it’s a new thing anyone o a bike or car .wouldt have a clue how it operates
.they should be adverts on social media local t.v. etc
Am tempted to go that way just to be nosey one day

shullbit:

DickyNick:

WheelsofCardiff:

DickyNick:

The blind spot is so small…REALLY? youtube.com/watch?v=Y9E1_1M-qhU

Yes. That’s the most pointless thing ever. If your in motion then it will be seconds before those cyclists would appear in one of the mirrors. If stationary at traffic lights in a city and 6 cyclists manage to sneak down the side of you without realising when as a professional driver you should be expecting it then your all round awareness and observation isn’t good enough to be driving a truck in an urban area.

DickyNick:

You can’t see ■■■■ around your trailer while you’re turning, though. You can sort of see your inside but nothing on the outside and definitely not the rear end (tail swipe). That’s why (I think) people straddle lanes beacuse that’ the only way to make sure no one is on your side while making a tight turn/bend is to not leave them enough room to get there in the first place (more experienced drivers may correct me on this, not 100% sure but that’s what I do). Unfortunately cyclists and mopeds will still sometimes try to find a way past with mopeds being by far worse. With a straight unit/trailer sure, no blind spots (except behind the trailer when people don’t keep distance and daytime so no headlights to make you aware of their presence)

ETS:

DickyNick:

You can’t see [zb] around your trailer while you’re turning, though. You can sort of see your inside but nothing on the outside and definitely not the rear end (tail swipe). That’s why (I think) people straddle lanes beacuse that’ the only way to make sure no one is on your side while making a tight turn/bend is to not leave them enough room to get there in the first place (more experienced drivers may correct me on this, not 100% sure but that’s what I do). Unfortunately cyclists and mopeds will still sometimes try to find a way past with mopeds being by far worse. With a straight unit/trailer sure, no blind spots (except behind the trailer when people don’t keep distance and daytime so no headlights to make you aware of their presence)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
your quite correct there ETS my good man.
what you have to remember is that its obvious that dicky and the alter personnas that post similar irritant pish is that they really have no great concept of how to drive a truck other than what they have gleaned from watching all the trucking bellend cringe videos from youtube which makes it another case of the blind leading the blind.