Csa safety approved boots

What type of safety boots for North America , I’ve been told they need a green triangle on one of the boots Csa approved .so I take it you can’t buy a cheap pair from walmart

Mine are a cheap pair from Walmart :laughing:

If anyone wants to get picky enough to inspect my safety boots and they don’t meet their standards, well I guess they won’t be getting their load that day :imp:

crappy tire boots for me!,comfy as well!

I bought a pair from Canadian Tire almost 2 years ago…still got the little piece of plastic holding the boots together! And I drive flat deck, step deck and lowboys collecting and delivering farm equipment, construction equipment in fact, all sorts of equipment and no one seems bothered what I have on my feet! lol :slight_smile:

The workers compensation guys might bin your claim when not wearing the proper ppe. I can’t comprehend why people would take a bigger risk at injuries or not getting benefits paid for the sake of saving $60 on a pair of csa approved boots. And yes walmart in Canada sells csa approved boots for around $60 as does canadian tire and some others…

So me and Chunk are golden then :sunglasses:

newmercman:

Everybody so should do whatever they want. All I’m saying that i can’t think of any valid reason not to buy and wear some csa approved boots.

That makes sense.

funny enough ,when i had my fall on the ice and did myself a mischief in 09 …workers comp wanted to see my safety shoes i had on!

This has reminded me of an "incident"that happened about 8-10 years ago now back in England. Two of my then colleagues where at a place in Dewsbury tipping groupage when one of said colleagues was in the back of his trailer and somehow came to blows with an item of the afore mentioned groupage which fell and trapped him firmly on the floor. The forklift driver started to get a flap on and ran off to get someone from health and safety and my other colleague who wasn’t injured took it upon himself to run to the misfortunate ones cab, obtain his safety boots, run back inside the trailer, pull off the misfortunate ones trainers and put on his safety shoes, all before the health and safety chap made an appearance.

Currently wearing Canadian made Dakotas from Marks Work Warehouse and they’re excellent unlike my previous Kodiaks which went in the bin after a couple of weeks , Chinese ■■■■■ again .

The cheapest pair from Walmart or Costco will do as long as the green triangle is on the side

chef sauce:
The cheapest pair from Walmart or Costco will do as long as the green triangle is on the side

Just get the boots that are at least 6 inches high and cover your ankles and you’ll be good wherever you go as some places won’t accept below the ankle safety shoes.

Cheers lads for all reply’s I wouldn’t mind a pair of dealer boots with steel toe cap if possible

Can you get steel toe capped crocs anywhere :laughing: bought a great pair from Marks thought they do me in the winter to anti slip etc etc think I’ve worn them about 5 times in 2 yrs. Actually had to wear full PPE couple times in the last few weeks once on Tuesday tipping scrap cubes in Billings MT can’t remember the other place now.

crunchygear:

newmercman:

Everybody so should do whatever they want. All I’m saying that i can’t think of any valid reason not to buy and wear some csa approved boots.

Have to agree with crunchy there. If anything was to happen and not approved boots they could get funny and try and get outta paying

my trusty dakota safety shoes are no longer allowed to be worn at my work ,must have ankle or higher boots,can see the point when im on the mixers but when im hauling aggregate??and in the cab all day my dakotas would be good.

I have never once had my boots inspected or even asked if they are safety boots, I wear Doc Martins because I have never used any other make.

Went to the Potash mines in SK this week that would only allow CSA approved safety gear on site. Could be a sign of things to come■■?

Yep, it’s provincial law in BC that you have to wear HiViz and every place we go to requires safety footwear, nobody’s checking CSA eligibility as far as I can see, but it’s only a matter of time.