Crack on to macon the return

CRACK ON TO MACON:
Hi one and all well I am back with a vengeance the last two year’s after losing my wife
has been very difficult for me and have struggled big time to come to terms with it all
but 7 month’s ago when I was at the lowest I had been I met a wonderful woman called
Carolyn who was also very down and we are now engaged to be married and life could not be better for me and her
I could not of got this far if it had not been for my family close friend’s and my old mucka’s that I have met
through my time in transpot you have all been fantastic and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
it may have appeared to some of you that I was ignoring you or had forgotten about you that is not the case I just had so much to deal with I really did have trouble handling it all. I am now living with my Fiance in ASH in Kent my mobile number is the same 07768696214 and I am now on Skype Robert Cairns 19 (my age) I am on face book under Bob Cairns
and hope to get back to the fold ASAP once again “THANK YOU ALL” FOR YOUR HELP
BOB

Dearest Bob the best news this year last year , well for a long time. Also best wishes from George he is working again such a nice job he is parked up in Immingham port as i type. He said he remembers you from a restaurant past turin 25 years ago . Me i wish you the best, hold her squeeze her tell her you love her[ maybe i should write songs,credit to The Animals] . When the time is right take Carolyn to Italy by pass congrezzo / cariso…Venice is nice and Sorento…Scilla amina puta resi . Bob bless and good luck…ENJOY

Thank’s mate for your kind word’s it’s been hard but I am getting back to something near normality
sort of retired now and hope to do those thing’s I alway’s wanted to and one will be a pilgrimage back to Italy
would like that catch you soon mate !!!

Hi Bobby i like the bit about your retired or almost…Well i will be in UK 22 09 13 for just over 2 weeks. On the Th i have to walk my daughter down the aisle , other than that i think 5 Oct other daughters birthday also in that time i hope to fill a few boxes of tins etc to last me next few years, oh and i have lost my UK number thanks to Vodafone also i don’t know if i will have access to a car , not sure i want to nick 1 gave that up along with the wire and drop of red [ drop of red whose he trying to kid ]…But Bob hope somewhere in that time if only coffee that’s OK.
Kind Regards Alan

Oh its vet day here on the 18th, i,m sure your aware of Clark base, not far from where i live

sorry should read 28 th sept

Alan would be a pleasure to have a meet up ring me and we can sort summit out 07768696214 !!!

Hi

Just a question , is Mr famous DFC , Don Collison still about .
Any pics of the famous man .

Regards.

Bob just sent a long overdue email to Bobby H i asked him to pass some on to you if he wants, no big deal. George will be my driver hay you know already i,m a made man,just a joke Bob So the super typhoon has past went to China and i think the outlook is good for a meet wow how British is that,see you soon and i hope Caroline i at least i can spell her name correct. Bob you see George you will say why didnt i say George, Rusty Bob H and you know him. Freight Force International Barrio Bradclyde and many others . You take care

ZB cant even spell Carolyn

Bob good chance of a meet up been emailing Bob H and George, so looking good…Bob hope to see you in a few weeks

jacko22:
Well here’s a few more
My 112 & Tim with the F10- pub at bourg
Alan was driving this at the time-parked at Peronne
The old 112 looked ok but she was an old nail! Been involved in a bad accident & had been rebuilt.
Ex Peterlee trucking 142 , this picture was taken when she was new (found by accident on the net so thankyou whoever took it)
I had the pleasure of her for 2 years
& after a respray parked on the Ho Chi Min with Colin Clift in C133
Happy Happy days- Best firm i ever worked for :smiley: ( just for the fun if anything)

Been looking at this and very pleased to see the Peterlea trucking photo d986ybj prior to mckellers having it , I took this when new at scant ruck stow market and think it was unusual being rhd and on rear air suspension long time ago so can’t fully remember ,I did once sell Ian mckeller a used Scania r112 rigid c reg c955cvn I think - would any of you boys have a photo of it you could post ?i really enjoy these drivers memories and photos of the trucks from seventies/eighties.

Hi ya Dave, I only wish i used to carry me camera in them days would love to see more old McKellar photos!

This is the only picture i have of a C reg rigid on the fleet that i can remember --C759 EVJ,

ol boys 005.png
another one of D986 YBJ still the best motor i have ever driven, just for the fun if anything!!

Glad to see some new photo’s on here the thread is still well alive keep em coming guy’s :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jj72:

dreva:
nice pics bob are they a couple of naylors from dewsbury in one of the pics :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

if you mean the ones with D R Bailey (I’d forgotten them too) in, the scanias look more like Ken Taylor’s from Slaithwaite, but I don’t remember them having an MAN drawbar :confused:

I do , I drove it a while for ken Taylor’s.Before they owned it it was one of bellgates when they ran in a maroon colours, a right numb pig to drive all their scanias used to wait for me at the top of every hill down to Prato… That’s a lot of hills. lol

i

tanktrotter:
Don’t know if has been brought up before on this thread but did any body every stop at PHIL’S at brienne on the D795 what was used to cut the corner off Macon.
I seem to think he was an ex owner driver from Birmingham who used to sub for mezzario and sold his truck to buy the routiers with his wife.
A lot of subbies who worked for mezzario used to stop ther for the weekend ether on the way to Italy or on route back to the uk.
I remember stopping there one hot weekend and Phil taken us back up the road to the river at cuisery were we spent the afternoon larking about swimming and fishing.
It would be nice to know what happened to Phil and his family I would say its closed now like many good routiers in France due to most nationals been weight limited.

Don’t know what happened to Phil I believe he is back in England but I do know his son was killed in Afghanistan not so long ago !!!

im baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack lol

I have just been reading all 23 pages of posts… fantastic Bob!..bought back a lot of memories for me, I was the blue dart shunter at francis in the late 70s and then worked for Harry Robinson when he used to own the robuck pub in Lewisham. Only just passing my test I was a bit naïve in those days, blue dart had a delivery of brand new trailors to replace the single axled ones and Alan Gilzean,our transport manager at enfield (yes the ex spurs player) asked me if there was a safe place I could park them over the w/e, so they would be ready to go into the francis yard for the mon. being a streetwise south London lad, I knew just the place… Thurston road lorry park!! so on the thurs/fri of that week I directed all 7 tandem axle trailors, brought down by the middleton lads to be parked in a nice straight line. It would be my job to bring them into the factory first thing Monday morning. Imagine to my horror 6am mon. all 7 trailors on blocks with no wheels or tyres…after explaining to Alan that the trailors were still there the phone went dead. But to their credit they didn’t sack me and I carried on taking 2 loaded trailors a day from Lewisham to Enfield .

HAHA Thurston Road was not the safest of place’s fer sure worked for Harry for 6 year’s from Speedwell street to Hackney
and then to Rainham Essex left in 1987 he was a great man and we had many a drink in the Roebuck and his other pub
the Salutation in Hammersmith, don’t know if you heard but Harry died about 5 year’s ago and transport lost one of it’s true pioneer’s,
glad you like the thread I knew nothing about computer’s when I started it but it was worthwhile to hear from guy’s like you who appreciate it
thank you for your comment take care ,

No I did not know Harry had died , very sorry to hear it. He was a real pleasure to know , a real transport man ,which is a rarity in this day and age .

Here’s one for you Mr Cairns! Remember this ol camion. Sent to me by someone so not my pictures ( thanks Joe)

1424446_534604476616964_1003166889_n.jpg
& a few years later

jacko22:
Here’s one for you Mr Cairns! Remember this ol camion. Sent to me by someone so not my pictures ( thanks Joe)
& a few years later

Id say ex Samuel Williams with that number plate,my father drove OHA 434F on for sammies in the late 1960"s