Cornering hero, straight line zero

The gas man:
Had 2 (incidents) today when a box tautliner came round me on a motorway merge hacking up on the outside as I came round carrying adr load but when it came to the straight on the m/way I plodded past him at 54mph, always a few clicks off incase req
Why oh why can’t they sit back and chill

What was the second incident ?

tachograph:

The gas man:
Had 2 (incidents) today when a box tautliner came round me on a motorway merge hacking up on the outside as I came round carrying adr load but when it came to the straight on the m/way I plodded past him at 54mph, always a few clicks off incase req

From what i can make of all this its when he overtook him on the m/way…

Boy I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this thread :unamused:

bald bloke:
Boy I just wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this thread :unamused:

Yep…another two minutes of your life you’ll never get back… :grimacing:

Straight lines are boring, the bendy bits are where the fun is.

the maoster:
Straight lines are boring, the bendy bits are where the fun is.

Correct mr maoster. Normally for two wheels though :wink: .
I understand what the OP is saying, but if we asked ‘why’ every time a roaduser did something we didn’t understand, we’d be here until Christmas

Nobby_Clarke:
Correct mr maoster. Normally for two wheels though :wink: .

Yeah you’re right mate. Lots of years on two wheels has shaped my driving; put a load on my truck and I’m a model of calm and efficient driving (probably because I can’t be arsed to restock the load!), but once empty then all bets are off. I become the King of the late brakers and figure that if it ain’t howling then it ain’t turning! :wink:

Something our driver trainer keeps pointing out when he goes through our telematics. :imp:

AndrewG:

tachograph:

The gas man:

OK thanks, I always thought that was called driving :smiley:

tachograph:

AndrewG:

tachograph:

The gas man:

OK thanks, I always thought that was called driving :smiley:

I think the OP is just jealous, since he is just a straight line hero, but a zero on the twisties.
Seems to be plenty out there “screwdrivers” like that going by the amount of drivers that can’t keep the truck upright on the slightest bend.

So a truck with a low centre of gravity can corner faster than a truck with a higher centre of gravity, who knew? :open_mouth:

The time to be concerned is when the fella in the clip on the ’ calling the wife thread ’ is overtaking you…

In other news I overtook a lorry on a hill as I was empty he overtook me going down the other side

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mdourish:
In other news I overtook a lorry on a hill as I was empty he overtook me going down the other side

Why haven’t you started a thread about it?

This is earth shattering stuff, the people must know.

A.

Adonis.:

mdourish:

Why haven’t you started a thread about it?

This is earth shattering stuff, the people must know.

A.

I pulled into the nearest services to inform the world but had no Internet

Top trolling.

Best troll of 2017? Thus far. :smiley:

discoman:

Oh no. One has to do much better to beat dozy to that crown… :grimacing:

Yawn

Yep:
Yawn

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

the nodding donkey:

discoman:

Oh no. One has to do much better to beat dozy to that crown… :grimacing:

between this one and the usual drivvel from dozy,then it appears to be a battle of wits…between unarmed opponents… :unamused:

if its of any interest to anyone then i was looking out the window earlier today waiting on the kettle to boil and i saw an empty crisp poke blowing across the street…i think they were tomato sauce,though it could have been prawn cocktail…it all happened so fast so i cant be certain…it definately wasnt pickled onion… :unamused: