Containerships UK

Does anyone work for them who can give me any info on wages/what there like to work for as there looking for drivers in Howden for container and general work. No info on wages on there website nor could l find anything on here. Any help would be appreciated.

In one line they say: “If you are an experienced LGV driver…”

In another, they then add: “No experience necessary as…”

They also spell the name of their own business incorrectly at one point. None of that bodes well, or it wouldn’t to me if I was looking at that and wondering whether to give them a bell.

Also
“experienced LGV driver looking for a career change?”
Do they suggest changing careers into being a taxi driver or cocktail-waitressing?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Olog Hai:
In one line they say: “If you are an experienced LGV driver…”

In another, they then add: “No experience necessary as…”

They also spell the name of their own business incorrectly at one point. None of that bodes well, or it wouldn’t to me if I was looking at that and wondering whether to give them a bell.

It seems, they are implying, an experienced LGV driver as in holding a licence … and if never done containers prior don’t worry we will train you … also, it would be the news paper who mispell the name not the company.

Train a box jockey…

LOL!

Park lorry, get box lifted on/off and drive away.

Get to delivery/collection point fall asleep for one/two/three/four hours or the whole day

Drive empty/loaded box to container lift terminal and get box lifted on/off.

Repeat process for 5 or 6 nights/days away from where you live.

Get bigger badges for your 420 Scania than the engine actually is.

Buy lots of those silver naked ladies on bendy wobbly wire things and stick them to windscreen, mudflaps and anywhere else that joe public will larf at you and say… what a ■■■■

Get hardback copy of Tolstoy’s War and Peace when ever collection/delivery to Pentalvers is mentioned.

yourhavingalarf:
Train a box jockey…

LOL!

Park lorry, get box lifted on/off and drive away.

Get to delivery/collection point fall asleep for one/two/three/four hours or the whole day

Drive empty/loaded box to container lift terminal and get box lifted on/off.

Repeat process for 5 or 6 nights/days away from where you live.

Get bigger badges for your 420 Scania than the engine actually is.

Buy lots of those silver naked ladies on bendy wobbly wire things and stick them to windscreen, mudflaps and anywhere else that joe public will larf at you and say… what a [zb]

Get hardback copy of Tolstoy’s War and Peace when ever collection/delivery to Pentalvers is mentioned.

I suggest all container companies copy and paste this then print it off and hand it out to all new recruits. [emoji23]

I thought the agricultural reform references in “War And Peace” may be a bit too much of a diversion for some contemporary readers? Container jockeys may prefer an unexpurgated version of Anna Karenina?
But needing a book is not necessarily true for all of them: it’ll take some a couple of hours to sound out the name of the ■■■■■■■ page 3!

War & Peace..i dont think container drivers were that well educated..they would be better off with a copy of the beano ` :smiley:

In fairness, what they lack in ability to write fluent English they make up for in being a pretty ■■■■ decent firm to work for - did 11 years there myself. The pay out of Teesport was/is mileage but you don’t have to kill yourself to earn a wage and they do pay drivers demurrage and reload bonuses amongst other things. I gather they’ve had a payrise since I left (Dec 2014) as well. Bear in mind they’re a short-sea shipping line, not a haulier, so less sitting about than on deep sea work plus road transport isn’t their only/main source of income. Oh, and it’s all direct, no middleman, so no rates screwed to next-door’s cellar floor.

As for the experience thing, whilst everyone prefers experienced drivers, ConShips have been known to take on newbies.

Yeah they take on newbies. They pay by the mile… £0.36 per mile i think… £10.59ph if your shunting or break down or waiting about but i believe the first 2hrs are un paid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to “LoadStar”, in their daily news sheet…CMA CGM are to takeover ContainerShips in the next 3-6 months…

Its all happening… :wink:

Franglais:
I thought the agricultural reform references in “War And Peace” may be a bit too much of a diversion for some contemporary readers? Container jockeys may prefer an unexpurgated version of Anna Karenina?
But needing a book is not necessarily true for all of them: it’ll take some a couple of hours to sound out the name of the ■■■■■■■ page 3!

most irregular.

Goole has a busy roro container port with lots of bulk and loose goods for curtainsiders too. It is the UK most inland port and growing daily. A new manufacturing base for railway trains is in progress as well as glass, timber, steel, chemicals and agricultural products. Don’t know why I ever left.

If you can’t get the start in Goole there is always Tesco and Stobart

Wheel Nut:

Or Tesco via one of the many agencies which pay more and who are always wanting drivers to go there.

Conor:

Wheel Nut:

Or Tesco via one of the many agencies which pay more and who are always wanting drivers to go there.

Easy work as well… :wink:

truckyboy:
War & Peace..i dont think container drivers were that well educated..they would be better off with a copy of the beano ` :smiley:

No beano,just sit and watch drivers trying to back in to 40, loading bay,were us box jockeys do it in 1