Companies charging drivers for stuff

truckman020:
far as i’m aware they are not allowed to take money from your wages unless you agree.

If it is written in your employment contract and you have signed it to agree to work under those conditions then it is perfectly legal for them to deduct.

Reef:
Name and shame or it didn’t happen, why are you allowing others to walk into the same BS, stick up for us, the other drivers not the company with the nigh on criminal policies ffs!

Not saying it is, but it sounds a lot like Reed Boardall. I went for an interview there about 4 yrs back and the guy said they charge for damage etc. I didn’t take the job offer.

Uncleskid:

The-Snowman:

dozy:
You put the pod on the bunk :exclamation: , why don’t you get a folder and file it away as I do then you’ll not loose it and won’t get a fine , as for snapping your Suzis I never have , before I pull out I stand at side of Lorry / trailer and look , legs down , Suzis disconnected , pin pulled , all the above takes seconds , file pod , legs, Suzis , pin ,
You need to take a step back rowley , take your time , don’t stress , and make the job easy for yourself

Lol. Good one Dozy.

+1 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Remember that, especially on a Friday just after the TM has shafted ya and you ain’t getting home for that steak.

Rowley010. You need to ignore the fear inside you mate and get naming & shaming in order to give your fellow drivers the heads up.

I will help you by naming one myself. Canute threaten to take your bonus off you if you neglect to phone your fuel through to their head orifice. 07796 682868 was the number we had to ring.

See…it’s easy. I didn’t get cancer, the police haven’t come round and I have not received a solicitors letter.

I wonder how many of the drivers on here that are ‘horrified and outraged’ that the o/p and his mates have to pay for stuff out of their own pocket, …have themselves Kelsa Bars/spots, chrome wheel trims, and all the rest of that type of crap, paid for voluntarily by themselves or the worst I can think of… traded holidays for them. :unamused:
Just wondered. :smiley:

robroy:
I wonder how many of the drivers on here that are ‘horrified and outraged’ that the o/p and his mates have to pay for stuff out of their own pocket, …have themselves Kelsa Bars/spots, chrome wheel trims, and all the rest of that type of crap, paid for voluntarily by themselves or the worst I can think of… traded holidays for them. :unamused:

If you reply to this post Rob, you have hit 10k in posts…

eagerbeaver:

robroy:

Do I get a prize or what?

robroy:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tell me this is a wind up :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

robroy:

eagerbeaver:

robroy:

Yes mate. A night out with Jingle Jon.

maga:

robroy:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

tell me this is a wind up :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Are you telling me you’ve never heard of that one? :open_mouth:

Unfortunately it’s true…that is the stage we are at now with some, but no doubt somebody will come back with
‘‘Each to his own’’ or ‘‘I look at my job as a hobby’’ … :unamused: :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

robroy:

eagerbeaver:

robroy:

Yes mate. A night out with Jingle Jon.

Ah well, if he brings his copper mate with him, I’m sure we’ll.have a right laugh eh ?. :neutral_face: …do you fancy joining us?

Rather go to Scrabble night with CF thanks mate :unamused:

eagerbeaver:

That sounds more like it tbh bud, what time does it kick off?..and will Winseer be there?
That could be a deal breaker. :smiley:

robroy:

eagerbeaver:

That sounds more like it tbh bud, what time does it kick off?..and will Winseer be there?
That could be a deal breaker. :smiley:

Scrabble with Winseer &CF.png

Rowley010:
If you snap your lines then I understand getting either charged or having a disciplinary for that because the only way you can do it is by not following procedure.

Or if the airline is a couple of years old and is time expired due to constant exposure to sunlight etc. I’ve even had a red airline blow a hole in the middle of it as I hooked up, I wouldn’t be paying for the callout for that out of my wages.

Secretelephant:
Dont think it legal to dock it from your wages, it would be classed as theft.

It’s only unlawful if the worker has not agreed to it (which he will have done if he has accepted a written contract of employment which includes provision for such deductions).

Even if it was unlawful, it would not be classed as Theft (unless dishonesty etc was proved).

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Rowley010:
If you snap your lines then I understand getting either charged or having a disciplinary for that because the only way you can do it is by not following procedure.

Clearly you have only driven newer lorries. At my last job I didn’t get disciplined when a yellow line split on the 10yr old 1.2 million km unit :laughing: :laughing:

What is this talk about paying for split airlines? Does nobody carry a roll of gaffer tape anymore?

So where’s the NAME & SHAME then ?

the nodding donkey:
What is this talk about paying for split airlines? Does nobody carry a roll of gaffer tape anymore?

Whoa there chief.
I hope you filled out your job safety analsis and donned your hard hat before using inginuity like that.