Class 1 night pay rates

I drive I wag and drag at night and its my first class one job more like a pimped up 12 toner with a trailer though really. I do between 40-44 hours a week and I’m theres no nights out and I get 31 a year in the north west. is that good for night trunking? I’m thinking of going to proper class 1 work the wag and drags are like comparing a rolls Royce to a reliant robin. but I honestly don’t know if I’d be jumping from the frying pan to the fire. Id just appreciate some opinions of if I’ve got a good number here or its about right.

You are on roughly £13.50 to £14.90 an hour depending on whether you do 44 or 40 hours.

It’s by no means a bad wage at all especially if the job is easy and no weekend working is involved, the top line may not sound wonderful, but many of those on £10k more will be putting in 20 more hours a week and lots of drivers include their subsistence payments as part of wage.

I’m East Yorkshire, other side of the country I know, and top line about 38k for a 55 hour average week on night trunking. Mix of long and short runs so can earn more for extra hours if I want.

So by the sounds of it, you’re doing ok.

West Yorkshire so in middle,did £38k last year,average about 50 hours a week and do one overtime shift a month,that’s night shift if you can call it that…
I’d say your on a decent crack with what you’ve got at moment.