Celebrity snuffits 2020

m.a.n rules:
jack charlton R.I.P , another one of the 66 team gone. a great character of the football world…

Jackie briefly managed Newcastle in the early 80s, and helped nurture the likes of Chris Waddle, Peter Beardsley and a young Gazza.
He managed the Ireland squad in Italia 90. and managed to recruit good players with tenuous Irish links. :smiley: …and got to the quarter finals I think it was. :open_mouth:
He tried to get Gazza in fact, …who told him he was in for the England squad but had no Irish links anyway, Jackie said …‘‘If your Dad ever owned an Irish wolf hound, I’ll get you in son’’ :laughing:

He managed an All Stars side in a tournament at StJames one day, he got off the bus with the players, and he was the only one who stopped to sign autographs for the kids, all the ‘Star’ players (up their own arses) just ignored them…'‘Star players’ ? :unamused: …this guy was a World Cup winner ffs.
Genuine bloke with a good football brain.
RIP Wor Jack.

nice write up rob, always preferred him to bobby he just seemed more connected to his roots.
nice story on the box about when he was eire manager he would take the team out for a beer or twenty and pay the bill with a cheque in the knowledge that it would never be cashed as it was off the man himself… god bless wor jack. :frowning:

Legendary co-founder of Fleetwood Mac, Peter Green has passed away at 73.
Proper blues man who was able to create the most humble and emotional tones on a guitar.

youtube.com/watch?v=JCEqKVDsa0E

youtube.com/watch?v=9GPR848mhIs

youtube.com/watch?v=kTvKaLW5bu8

pv83:
Proper blues man who was able to create the most humble and emotional tones on a guitar.

A troubled life, but here he is in 2009.
youtube.com/watch?v=3oSlZMe2WIo

An instrumental tribute version with Peter Green of the beautiful Man of the World, such an emotional song anyway.

youtube.com/watch?v=0gXE3Z2USLU

pv83:

Proper Muddy Waters / Buddy Guy

I read this morning that the reason we lost Cat Stevens was because of Peter Green. Fantastic Picker.

RIP ‘Toots’ Hibbert founder and lead singer with Toots and the Maytals, put Ska and Rocksteady on the map in sixties, invented the word reggae as well the style of music with Bob Marley. Influenced all the 2 tone bands in the late 70’s as well as just about every reggae band. Probably not a household name but everyone will have heard his music or his influences.

“Wee man” from Jackass , farewell little fella , you were the soundtrack to many drunken japes.

Edit to add; just done some research (very unlike me) and apparently it was “wee man” American pro wrestler who died. Apologies Jason Acuna, you keep rocking buddy. :smiley:

Also Dame Dianna Rigg aka Mrs peel or Mrs Bond died yesterday
Today designer Terence Conran died

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eddie van Halen brilliant guitarist r.i.p

Johnny Nash singer of I can see clearly now.

Spencer Davis of 60s/70s band The Spencer Davis Group aged 81.

finally stopped running… R.I.P…

Now you see him.
Now you don’t.
RIP James Randi.
“Magician” and sceptic. A good entertainer, who was the first to call out the shysters and confidence tricksters who pretended that stage magic was real, or played with people’s emotions (and bank accounts) regarding life after death etc.

Frank Bough, Grandstand presenter don’t think he’ll be heading upwards but more likely down to the ■■■ dungeon

Bobby Ball, stopped rockin on and finally rocked off.

R(ock)I.P bobby ,always found him funny…

J J Williams, not to be confused with J P R

Footballing legend and World Cup winner Nobby Stiles. Rip.

the maoster:
Footballing legend and World Cup winner Nobby Stiles. Rip.

Just 3 of the winning 11 left then
Bobby Charlton, Geoff Hurst, and Roger Hunt. :neutral_face: