Celebrity snuffits 2020

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:

fodenway:
Stirling Moss, Gentleman racer and one of my boyhood heroes. I met him about twenty years ago at a AHRA event at Donington Park. He shook my hand - does that mean it’s worth a lot of money now?

Sir Stirling having his ear bent by a used car salesman. My Brother!

:frowning:

youtube.com/watch?v=FpC92FMwxz8

Would that be a 300 with a 413 in it ?.

motorbase.com/auctionlot/pro … sler-300g/

Only just seen this, but the car was sold in 2012, our kid died in 2007

carryfast-yeti:
Stranglers keyboard player Dave Greenfield has sadly died :cry:
a great band back in the day

as you say a great band, golden brown was my favourite didn’t realise what it was about till about 10 yrs ago :open_mouth:

r.ip, go chase them peaches on the beaches :slight_smile:

m.a.n rules:

carryfast-yeti:

as you say a great band, golden brown was my favourite didn’t realise what it was about till about 10 yrs ago :open_mouth:

First punk single I bought was Go buddy go…was Peaches on the flip side?
Or am I way off.

Golden brown? Wtf? I assumed that they were singing about our taciturn ex PM!

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

carryfast-yeti:

Or am I way off.

i’m pretty sure it was. wasn’t keen on golden brown…no more heroes,walk on by,something better change,straighten out,tank,all great tracks.they recorded a track with George Melly…what an old codger i am :laughing:

Florian Schneider, of Kraftwerk fame, gone on the great Autobahn in the sky at the age of 72.

carryfast-yeti:

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

carryfast-yeti:

Or am I way off.

i’m pretty sure it was. wasn’t keen on golden brown…no more heroes,walk on by,something better change,straighten out,tank,all great tracks.they recorded a track with George Melly…what an old codger i am :laughing:

Not forgetting ‘5 minutes’ another classic personally not so keen on anything after and including Golden Brown the punk era was the best for them

good golly little Richard has died, a liitle man but a giant in music…R.I.P…

It was like a bolt from the blue to us of that generation when he and the other early rock n rollers appeared on the scene . I think they inspired a need for a break from the rigid out of date rules . We shall miss them all , only Jerry Lee Lewis still standing .

Sad to hear Little Richard is no longer with us.
You know what we think of modern “music.”.Imagine how my parents felt when they were used to bing Crosby and Victor Sylvester.

Nigel.

housebeautiful.com/uk/garde … ers-world/

Wheel Nut:

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:
Sir Stirling having his ear bent by a used car salesman. My Brother!

:frowning:

youtube.com/watch?v=FpC92FMwxz8

Would that be a 300 with a 413 in it ?.

motorbase.com/auctionlot/pro … sler-300g/

Only just seen this, but the car was sold in 2012, our kid died in 2007

Same year as my Dad went.

I wish I’d have been at that Auction with a spare 20 grand in my pocket.

John Horton Conway.
His “Game Of Life” is over…

:wink: Steve Priest bass guitarist with 70s band. The Sweet.

‘We just haven’t got a clue what to do’.'.

Steve-Priest-dead-The-Sweet-guitarist-dies-aged-72-1291509.jpg

download.jpeg

R.I.P steve and thank you for the memories… one of the most underestimated rock bands of that era, the early stuff was poppy the glam was the best imho…
the later stuff was more rock, oxygen, fox on the run etc was great still my favourite group from my teens.
only andy left now… :frowning:

m.a.n rules:
R.I.P steve and thank you for the memories… one of the most underestimated rock bands of that era, the early stuff was poppy the glam was the best imho…
the later stuff was more rock, oxygen, fox on the run etc was great still my favourite group from my teens.
only andy left now… :frowning:

Saw them live just before Brian Connoly died, real good live band, more rocky than their 70s image ever was.

yep rob a regret never seeing them live, also mick tuckers cover of the man with the golden arm was epic… I stil play it in the car regularly on low volume of course… :wink:

willie thorne snooker player R.I.P. met him many years ago at his snooker hall in leicester, proper charector…

vera lynn R.I.P, we’ll never meet again now. god bless and goodnight sweeheart… :frowning:

jack charlton R.I.P , another one of the 66 team gone. a great character of the football world…