BRS DEPOTS

il try and get a couple of pictures of leeds.

i spotted a very good old building in leeds centre the other day.

You can still see British Road Services painted on the wall outside a small football ground in Leeds :stuck_out_tongue:

Elland Road

keep them comin chaps :slight_smile:

I was a fresh faced 16yr old apprentice at Midlands BRS at Chequers rd Gloucester, in 1976. Didn’t finish it but learned to drive class 1 in an old Guy that was used as a wrecker for breakdowns. It was around this time that they first brought in taco’s, and i still remember that all the drivers were going to go on strike!!! But i think that the company promised them brand new Spanish DODGES!!! Boy,they could shift :sunglasses: . Anyway the workshop was turned into a furniture warehouse a few years later and that was the end of that. :cry:

I seem to remember BRS had a depot on Kay Street in Bolton.

BRS Rye

John Jempson & Sons was also BRS and Arthur Jempson was later traffic superintendant for the Tenterden depot.

Some good history here

Loughborough.

Leicester Heavy Haulage bought the old BRS Depot in Loughborough before moving again to Ellistown, although there is no mention of the previous use prior to 1975.

there was one on lister hills bfd its still there but its a big hgv workshop now :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The Ipswich one is now Sainsbury ,I believe. The Colchester one in North Station Rd. is now newish flats. The alleyway is still there , Victoria Chase next to the old Victoria pub. The Elmstead Branch is ,I think ,is a truck junkyard.Whitings.

somebody once told me what is now asda at junction 2 m5, was a brs depot
is that right

Wrexham depots still as it was from the BRS days, its now owned by the local bus company,
I started at Warrington depot in Battersby Lane which has now been flattened,
they had loads of pices on the wall of the depot in the 60s/70s, would be nice to see them again if anyones got any.

come across this,hansons transport
hanson-logistics.co.uk/companyhistory

Brs depot still there in stoke on trent on the side of the a500
half a dozen different companies on there now nisa/pickfords etc
but the old buildings are still being used

BRS depot on Staniforth Road Sheffield flattened now.Code was DA then JA.

BRS parcels depot was on Langsett Road Sheffield and that’s long gone.
Yes,there was a BRS depot just off J2 Curnock near the A4123 Wolves New Road and it was next door to Wolverhampton and Birchley Rolling Mills.I used to backload out of there regular. So now it’s an Asda eh? Not been down there for years.

Wheel Nut:
I seem to remember BRS had a depot on Kay Street in Bolton.

long gone now, a b&q warehouse stands in its place
the shell garage that was in front of the depot is still there though

I seem to remember going in for a load at BRS Derby. Down a bit of an alleyway off London Road I think. Haven’t looked that way for years though.

hiya,
blackburn brs still there this was a totally undercover depot in bennington street looks just the same but don’t know whats happening there now,consett brs which was formerley siddle c cook (not elddis ) is still there but auto kwik fit type thing thanks harry long retired.

Spardo:
I seem to remember going in for a load at BRS Derby. Down a bit of an alleyway off London Road I think. Haven’t looked that way for years though.

I will try and get a picture, if there is anything left of it.

There used to be a BRS depot in Temple Mill Lane, Stratford, London E15.
Then it became the Stratford L.I.F.T. and Stratford Freightliner depot. It’s all gone now. It’s all part of the Olympic Site.
I lived in Temple Mill Lane from 1953 until 1963. Me and my mates used to watch them burning old railway carriages on the BRS site. Great fun. What a blaze they used to make.
Did BRS used to have Scammel Scarabs? I think my uncle used to drive one.

Tetleysmooth:
There used to be a BRS depot in Temple Mill Lane, Stratford, London E15.
Then it became the Stratford L.I.F.T. and Stratford Freightliner depot. It’s all gone now. It’s all part of the Olympic Site.
I lived in Temple Mill Lane from 1953 until 1963. Me and my mates used to watch them burning old railway carriages on the BRS site. Great fun. What a blaze they used to make.
Did BRS used to have Scammel Scarabs? I think my uncle used to drive one.

didnt know the LIFT had gone.how long ago ?