Brexit , borders and lorries

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:
It’s a shame to take advantage but if you can’t remember who paid last time it’s definitely your turn.

By the time the Routiers re-open this conversation will be forgotten too.
Safe!

Keep up Franglais, the routiers ARE open :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But no bissous!
(With the waitresses)

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:
It’s a shame to take advantage but if you can’t remember who paid last time it’s definitely your turn.

Safe!

Keep up Franglais, the routiers ARE open :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But no bissous!
(With the waitresses)

I dont know what bissous means, but I’m happy to find out…

s-l300.jpg

the nodding donkey:

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Safe!

But no bissous!
(With the waitresses)

If that’s a selfie, I’ll be happy to explain

Franglais:

pierrot 14:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Safe!

But no bissous!
(With the waitresses)

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Franglais:

Franglais:

OwenMoney:

Safe!

But no bissous!
(With the waitresses)
[/quote]
[/quote]
If that’s a selfie, I’ll be happy to explain
[/quote]
Ooohhhhh Franglais…

I think the French are more interested in Poisoning our Poisson right now - if they don’t get their own way… :unamused:

Dec 31st Deadline…?
Yes,but.
No, but.
After years of uncertainty, after years of businesses and individuals being unable to make plans,
ft.com/content/6c348653-1a5 … 7d4517ff80
More years of the same…

And no plans yet for Jacob Rees Bogs for Kent motorways.
Confused? Thought all trucks were to be held in lorry parks (aka concrete fields) ?
independent.co.uk/news/uk/p … 60387.html

If you’re not ready as a business for the end of Transition, following all this time to prepare for it…

…Then just go bust and quietly into the night, and be done with it.

Clear the way for new-upcoming businesses that go with what is rather than hoping against what might be overturned at the last minute.

That’s about the only thing Persistent Remainers and current Trump Supporters - would seem to have in common by this point…

Every depot, yard, and customer drop I visit these days - is now well over 50% Eastern European staff there.
I was never the one who ever had a problem with that, don’t forget…

BUT those who are currently “out of the loop” for most of this past year - might now find they don’t have jobs to come back to, as “you’ve already been replaced”.
Agencies - are also run more by EE’s it seems as well, meaning it will become an uphill struggle to “get on” should the classic White, British Male - try to climb on board late for the change that’s hardly creeping upon us, bit is pretty much already here, easier to implement over this past year, than otherwise would have been possible without Covid restrictions, which might have caused “Union Issues” that threatened to boot Brexit down the road yet again “just to get rid of the Tories”…

Things may well get even MORE interesting come January, should critical mass in the workplace be reached where over half the workforce refuses to join the incumbent union there.

It has been easy for the Left-leaning factions to recruit support among the Non-EU incoming workforce, and has been since the turn of the century.
It might prove a little more difficult recruiting from the EE workforce already here though, as on the whole - they seem rather disinterested in UK politics.

I see 2021 as the year where both Unions AND Agencies - lose their former dominance in the workplace. :bulb:

TODAY:- Long queues for Eurotunnel on M20 near Junction 11 for Folkestone admid post-Brexit procedures

A long line of trucks have been halted in their efforts to access the inter-continental train terminal near Folkestone, with the jam stretching back to Junction 11.
The Calais terminal is also holding an experiment to test the experience of post-Brexit travel.

uk.news.yahoo.com/brexit-plans- … 32296.html

what a surprise…what a brilliant Government we have.

Wait for the Portable Potties Extension (PPE) procurement process to start. Tory MPs will be able to nominate reputable companies without having to jump through all that red tape.

Live footage from M20 near the euro tunnel during Brexit trial check chaos

Those queues are because the French side are testing their systems, aren’t they?
No need to worry about our systems being tested soon…they aren’t ready yet.
But come end of December, doubtless they will be ready to use straight away. Faultless from day one. World Beating. Spaceshot capable.

We just need a bit more ooomph…they are oven ready…etc etc. Princess Nut Nut says it will be lovely.

Don’t take this concept of “Oven Ready” - too seriously. :neutral_face:

“Rules are made to be Broken”.

News on IT Systems
news.sky.com/story/gove-faces-s … s-12142236
Or not.
Again.

whisperingsmith:
TODAY:- Long queues for Eurotunnel on M20 near Junction 11 for Folkestone admid post-Brexit procedures

A long line of trucks have been halted in their efforts to access the inter-continental train terminal near Folkestone, with the jam stretching back to Junction 11.
The Calais terminal is also holding an experiment to test the experience of post-Brexit travel.

Long queues for Eurotunnel on M20 near Junction 11 for Folkestone amid post-Brexit procedures

‘Inter-continental’? Have we changed continents too?!

Fog in the English Channel.
Continent cut off.

The best way for Britain to implement “no Channel Fishing” - is to enforce such a ban on ALL vessals, not just those flagged as “French”.

That way, stocks in the channel could recover (pleasing the environmentalists) and PT boats wouldn’t need to tread around with kid gloves, wondering if that fishing boat flying a flag of conveneinece is “one of ours” or a naughty frenchie trying to chomp off as much UK fish (from January 1st) as they can carry…

“No fishing Zone” is easier to police than “UK fishing allowed, anyone else - not”.

…BUT there is still a need for a re-vamped Patrol of the entire Channel from the Manacles to the Dogger Bank, I reckon… :bulb: :bulb:
I reckon around a dozen armed patrol vessals - should be sufficient… :smiling_imp:

Drivers in the South East received an unexpected message on Friday morning: “Welcome to Kent The Toilet of England”.
Signs across the county were changed overnight by a group of activists opposed to Brexit.

Where before motorists would be politely informed they were entering the Garden of England – as Kent is known – the new message was a bit more political.

The stunt aimed to highlight fears of huge lorry queues along the county’s motorways, with suggestions that portable toilets will have to be installed on roadsides for use by delayed drivers.

“The reality and the consequences of Brexit are only just starting,” said the spokesman.

“The destructive nature of Brexit is about to be unleashed on January 1.

“The huge queues on the roads this week is just a foretaste of what’s to come.

“The people of Kent, like the rest of the UK, have been conned into voting for an impossible dream of an oven-ready Brexit.”