Blocking London for brexit

Anglo-Nubian:
Whoaa…

I’m not sure how you presume to know how I voted ■■

I’m merely saying that I’ve no objection to being asked to confirm my opinion.

Are you offended by being asked to reiterate yours ?.. You are of course correct - we have been asked already and have given an answer, but in a matter of such gravity I don’t see why anyone should have a problem with being asked for a final confirmation.

But it doesn’t work that way does it.
Irrespective of how confident you, me or anybody else is, or is not, of confirming the result is irrelavent, the decision has been made.
The only reason the Govt are advocating for a re vote is because the actual result was the last thing they expected, so they are doing their utmost to change the ‘out voters’ mind by any tactic they can, the latest one being putting remainers in charge of a negotiating deal.
So why should we co.operate with their games when a legal democratic decision has already been made.
Just accept it, react to it, and move on…just like any other referendum, law, election or anything else.

Anglo-Nubian:
What’s so terrible about a second referendum ?

If you were going under the knife for major elective (i.e. non emergency) surgery, would it be outrageous if the surgeon, just before you’re taken to theatre asked " any second thoughts ? … are you absolutely sure you wish to proceed ?)

At the end of the day, if the majority of people still want to proceed with Brexit they will vote accordingly, so what’s the problem ?

The analogy is more along the lines of being told that your previously NHS treatment is to be carried out by a private foreign hospital as agreed by your consultant on your behalf and you are liable for the costs.
Also don’t remember any such last minute ‘second thoughts’ being applied to the 1975 referendum result for some reason.

robroy:

Anglo-Nubian:
Whoaa…

I’m not sure how you presume to know how I voted ■■

I’m merely saying that I’ve no objection to being asked to confirm my opinion.

Are you offended by being asked to reiterate yours ?.. You are of course correct - we have been asked already and have given an answer, but in a matter of such gravity I don’t see why anyone should have a problem with being asked for a final confirmation.

But it doesn’t work that way does it.
Irrespective of how confident you, me or anybody else is, or is not, of confirming the result is irrelavent, the decision has been made.
The only reason the Govt are advocating for a re vote is because the actual result was the last thing they expected, so they are doing their utmost to change the ‘out voters’ mind by any tactic they can, the latest one being putting remainers in charge of a negotiating deal.
So why should we co.operate with their games when a legal democratic decision has already been made.
Just accept it, react to it, and move on…just like any other referendum, law, election or anything else.

The problem being that it wasn’t a ‘legal democratic decision’ just as the 1975 result wasn’t.It was actually a non binding opinion poll.The difference being that no surprise the remainers seem to selectively view the 1975 result as being binding while the 2016 one conveniently isn’t.In which case might as well abandon the whole referendum fiasco and put the country back to the pre 1973 status quo on the grounds that no one has the right to vote the nation out of existence to be a subservient non sovereign state of a Federal Europe governed by people like Juncker and Tusk etc.

It would be an interesting thing to do for truckers on their last day before hanging up their keys - wouldn’t it? :smiling_imp:

robroy:

Anglo-Nubian:

If you were going under the knife for major elective (i.e. non emergency) surgery, would it be outrageous if the surgeon, just before you’re taken to theatre asked " any second thoughts ? … are you absolutely sure you wish to proceed ?)

At the end of the day, if the majority of people still want to proceed with Brexit they will vote accordingly, so what’s the problem ?

:unamused: Ffs not another whinging bad loser.
I’ll explain.
Because that’s how it works you deal with the result of the electorate and it’s majority, NOT keep re.voting until you get the result that YOU want…well not unless you live in some tinpot Banana Republic anyway. :neutral_face:
Hope that clarifies it.

Rightly so, as Rob points out, it is undemocratic for a vote to be ignored. One side doesn’t like the vote then are asking for a re run? no, it is not how voting works … Leaving the EU, if you were ignorant enough!!! not to research the facts, choosing to believe the remain or leave camp more fool them … both camps lied … accept you lost the vote and there will not be a second vote. … what is the problem with accepting remain lost?

discoman:

robroy:

Anglo-Nubian:

I’ll explain.
Because that’s how it works you deal with the result of the electorate and it’s majority, NOT keep re.voting until you get the result that YOU want…well not unless you live in some tinpot Banana Republic anyway. :neutral_face:
Hope that clarifies it.

Rightly so, as Rob points out, it is undemocratic for a vote to be ignored. One side doesn’t like the vote then are asking for a re run? no, it is not how voting works … Leaving the EU, if you were ignorant enough!!! not to research the facts, choosing to believe the remain or leave camp more fool them … both camps lied … accept you lost the vote and there will not be a second vote. … what is the problem with accepting remain lost?

We had a referendum in 1975, so why all this whinging and another vote in 2016?
Deal with it! You didn`t do your research properly!

Not a very constructive argument is it? Doesnt take into account the changes between 1975 and 2016. What we voted for in 1975 isnt what we saw in 2015.
So what about the changes between 2015 when the campaigning took off, and 2019, when we leave? Should they be ignored?

In 2015 we had of course the lies about £350m a week lost (although some still mutter about “smoke/fire”). We were told the EU would fold up in negotiations and give us a special deal with a clean, smooth exit, and good trading rights.
Well, if we were tempted to believe those tales we can now see they were at best wishful thinking, or maybe worse. But we now KNOW those talking of this were WRONG. It hasnt been like that. So why believe the other promises in 2015 from these people about a better future outside the EU? They were wrong about exiting, why assume theyre right about life outside the EU?

Another vote is like re-running a football match?
In 1887 Sunderland beat Newcastle in the F.A. cup, 2-0. Accept it. Move on. Stop whinging. :smiley:
Or as Paul Merton suggested: First result IN. Second result OUT. How about a tie-break? :smiley:

Anglo-Nubian:

If the result of a second referendum was exactly the same as the first what would your response be?

Absolutely disgusting photo taken yesterday.

Hopefully a couple of nonagenerian veterans gave this vile perpetrator a face altering experience to remember every day when he looks in the mirror.

As for Truck drivers blockading London, the blokes a [zb]
Firstly, maybe not all truck drivers are Brexit supporters, so why would they take part?
Secondly, after the fuel protests of 2000, the government made sure it put in laws to stop us blockading the country.
Thirdly, an anti-government protest will often end in violence, which means the media will cover the “disgusting violence” from “mindless thugs” instead of the issues protested about. Somebody who believes in conspreciacy theories might even believe that the government places its own agents into the crowd to start the trouble.
I not sure how likely that is, but it’s what I’d do if I was leading the country and there were protests against me.

The march in London was predominantly non Brit citizens ,I would imagine a few lorry drivers turned up yesterday .
See how the bbc reported on it ,More BBC bias drumming up pro remain guff .
Sooner this is put to bed and we stop funding our own decline the f’ing better .

It could be argued we got a chance for a second vote on Brexit as we had a General Election in 2017, where at least one party stood on a platform of reversing the vote and hardly got a landslide, even if only the votes were taken in account and not actually seat won.

But as for a second referendum, maybe there is an argument for it, considering our MP’s are in so much turmoil about what to do.

So perhaps Len Mccluskey has an idea to get them out of the mire.

I can see a new referendum only being a landslide to leave ,Remainers are going to look pathetic when or even if it happens .
Most people are sick to death of whineing remaniac scare propoganda .

The way of communism/EU, same thing.

In an election there will be the right result and the wrong result, the wrong result comrade will not go well for you (and remember we do know how you voted, what do you think that number on the ballot is for?), if the result is wrong it will be because you didn’t know what you were voting for or the fascists lied to you, luckily you get to vote again and this time give the right answer, how democratic is that?

Once again, here’s the list of the aims of the marxist Frankfurt School

1. The creation of racism offences.
  2. Continual change to create confusion
  3. The teaching of ■■■ and homosexuality to children
  4. The undermining of schools’ and teachers’ authority
  5. Huge immigration to destroy identity.
  6. The promotion of excessive drinking
  7. Emptying of churches
  8. An unreliable legal system with bias against victims of crime
  9. Creating dependency on the state or state benefits
  10. Control and dumbing down of media
  11. Encouraging the breakdown of the family

This philosophy goes hand in hand with Common Purpose, a powerful well funded group which has spread it’s doctrine throughout our establishment and political class, well worth looking this group up to give you an inkling of the iceberg we face.

Beetlejuice:
I can see a new referendum only being a landslide to leave ,Remainers are going to look pathetic when or even if it happens .

The idea it might be a landslide might just be what group of people you mix with, I’m still finding most normal working people I know want to leave, but I know many others (professional types or that are doing well out of life, second homes in the Dordogne or Tuscany, etc) would still be remain, maybe if I lived and worked nearer London like I did a few years ago or mixed with the Yoof of today, it would be different.

Beetlejuice:

I think their idea is to kick the Brexit can down the road as far as possible (going well so far eh?) give a million or two oldies the chance to die, and to bring indoctrinated youngsters up to voting age.
Clutching at straws?, yes but as it stands they lost and they don’t really do democracy so any chance to deny the will of the people must be taken and used, they (heseltine, major, cameron, may, blair, mandleson, clegg, soros the bank, and legion of disciples) are committed to the EU, a completely undemocratic regime.

The problem we have is too many people are only thinking about their wallet and personal preferences and today, not looking at the long term or prepared to have to pay for our freedom (freedom never comes cheap), arguably why we elect traitors and incompetents to national govt time after time…something the Visegrad group don’t suffer, traitors that is, they know what its like to live under foreign marxist tyranny and they want sod all to do with it.

I think the fact that the main players in the Brexit campaign, Boris, Farage, David Davis, Rees Mogg etc, have disappeared and are now just throwing stones from a distance, not doing anything constructive at all. This is doing the leave camp no good.

If there was a second referendum, (and I don’t think there should be), would any of those stick their heads above the parapet again?

If there was a second referendum, there are so many different scenarios to leaving, that I wouldn’t see anything other than remain. If there was one clear leave situation, it would be different.

Franglais:

discoman:

robroy:

Anglo-Nubian:

I’ll explain.
Hope that clarifies it.

We had a referendum in 1975, so why all this whinging and another vote in 2016?
Deal with it! You didn`t do your research properly!

Not a very constructive argument is it? Doesnt take into account the changes between 1975 and 2016. What we voted for in 1975 isnt what we saw in 2015.
So what about the changes between 2015 when the campaigning took off, and 2019, when we leave? Should they be ignored?

In 2015 we had of course the lies about £350m a week lost (although some still mutter about “smoke/fire”). We were told the EU would fold up in negotiations and give us a special deal with a clean, smooth exit, and good trading rights.
Well, if we were tempted to believe those tales we can now see they were at best wishful thinking, or maybe worse. But we now KNOW those talking of this were WRONG. It hasnt been like that. So why believe the other promises in 2015 from these people about a better future outside the EU? They were wrong about exiting, why assume theyre right about life outside the EU?

Another vote is like re-running a football match?
In 1887 Sunderland beat Newcastle in the F.A. cup, 2-0. Accept it. Move on. Stop whinging. :smiley:
Or as Paul Merton suggested: First result IN. Second result OUT. How about a tie-break? :smiley:

Well I was born in 1975 … so hardly able to do any research … Europe doesn’t bother me and never has … personally I am not affected by Brexit, I’m eligible to get a second passport in the EU as well. Fact is the vote was cast in 2016. The majority voted leave… I did not vote as I resided in Australia… if I had of it would of been a leave vote.

Fingers crossed this season there will be no Newcastle in the EPL :wink:

This vote was not about joining in 1975 ., it was about remain or leave … the uk by majority decided to leave so the remainers have to ■■■■ it up… let’s hope brexit is a no deal. As for the “we were told” , want the uk to lose half a million jobs … a recession would happen … as said both camps lied … and now it’s scaremongering … it must be horrid being a remainer crying for a “people’s vote” remainers only accept democracy when it suits

Juddian:
I think their idea is to kick the Brexit can down the road as far as possible (going well so far eh?) give a million or two oldies the chance to die, and to bring indoctrinated youngsters up to voting age.

Which is exactly the plan.
Sadiq Khan said yesterday “Young peoples voices were ignored in 2016 and they must have the final say now” and what he really means is that there’s now another two years worth of young voters who’ve been brainwashed into believing their future is a dystopian wasteland without membership to the EU who will vote remain.

muckles:
It could be argued we got a chance for a second vote on Brexit as we had a General Election in 2017, where at least one party stood on a platform of reversing the vote and hardly got a landslide, even if only the votes were taken in account and not actually seat won.

But as for a second referendum, maybe there is an argument for it, considering our MP’s are in so much turmoil about what to do.

So perhaps Len Mccluskey has an idea to get them out of the mire.

Brexit: New referendum must exclude any option to remain in EU, says Len McCluskey | The Independent | The Independent

Labour also stood on the basis of actioning the result of the referendum so between them and Conservative I think it is safe to say there was a majority leave.

Also if we have another referendum that is remain what happens? That’s one leave and one remain so do we go best of three? Bit hard to say one vote counts more than another