Bit of a confession

I’m fairly certain that when my time comes to stand before The Almighty in judgement, I’ll be denied access to heaven. In fact, He’ll probably say Hell is too good for me and send me to Litchfield for all eternity. So it is with faint hope that I seek a little redemption from my brother (and sister) truckers.

Not too long ago I was heading back to the yard after a bit of a nightmare run. I’d decided to pull over for twenty minutes for a quick power nap in an attempt to recharge my batteries. This was all well and good, but unfortunately the tiny detour I’d taken to find a suitable ■■■■■■■■■■■■ meant that I’d be less than five minutes short of reaching the yard. It wasnt long before I hatched a plan that would get me home with minimal delay.

So it was that eventually I reached Caernby Corner services, and bearing in mind it was still the early hours of the morning, put my tacho on break whilst I filled up! Now, this isn’t what I seek redemption for brother (and sister) truckers. You see, whilst the nozzle was in the tank, I went for a walk and a smoke. Upon completing fueling, I went for a walk, a smoke and to the toilet. After all that, I went to pay for my fuel and did a little shopping whilst I was there. Pretty much as I do on any break I take in the services. So I don’t seek redemption there either.

It was what happened next that could well condemn me to Lichfield for the rest of time.

As I walked back to my truck, another lorry was pulling in behind me. I gave the driver a cheery wave and climbed into my cab. Looking up I could see my clock ticking from 27 minutes to 28. Should I drive off and delay my return for the sake of two minutes I asked myself. “He’ll no” was the reply inside my head. I started the engine up and revved the nuts off it, to simulate a low air tank. That’s horrible I hear you cry. It gets worse. I jumped out of my cab and pulled the red suzie before jumping back into my cab for a bit more revving action. That’s unforgivable, I hear you cry. It gets worse. I jumped back out the cab to reconnect the suzie when the driver of the lorry behind me jumps out of his cab.
“Sorry about this” I said, 'trailers got an air leak".
“No worries mate” came the reply, " I thought you were one of those cockwombles who takes a break on the pump".

Now as despicable as all this sounds, it is for what I said next that I seek forgiveness for, because I said “oh no mate, I’m not one of THOSE ■■■■■■■■■

So, as I sit here in a designated parking space in woodhall services, pondering my fate, awaiting my day in the (distant I hope) future when He Who Knows All decides my fate, I ask you, my brother (and sister) truckers, the very people one of whom I wronged, to help me sleep a little at night, to give me hope that I won’t have to endure the never ending purgatory of Lichfield.

I ask you, do you forgive me?

Forgiven, we’ve all been there, whether it’s on a pump, loading bay or in a packed Truckstop. 2-3 minutes is ok, it’s 5 or more that takes the ■■■■. I’ve even been known to walk back the the truck with my bank card and coffee receipt in my hand, to make it look like I’ve got fuel if nicking a 15. I never do that if it’s busy though. I’m not a complete ■■■■ taker

No. But kudos for the obviously Oscar-worthy Am-Dram…

Forgiven.
For ■■■■■■■ clean after all confession is good for the soul.

Showing remorse and creativity in the face of feeling very dirty is good.

Penance in this case is 20 Hail Tnuks and a lite moist ■■■■■■■ with a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ finale.

What I normally do is get out the truck and pretend to fill up, with some amateur dramatics and head shaking I walk back into the shop then come out again and inform the driver behind the pumps knackered.
If timed right this can turn a 30min into a full 45.

Going by that little misdemeanour i then stand no chance of getting through the gates, anywhere though apart from Lichfield… :smiley:

Shouldn’t it have begun with “forgive me TNUK for I have sinned…” :laughing:
Maybe the mods could create a thread at the top of the page for such confessions, but then again I suspect Dozy would create more posts there than anyone

Captain Caveman 76:
As I walked back to my truck, another lorry was pulling in behind me. I gave the driver a cheery wave and climbed into my cab. Looking up I could see my clock ticking from 27 minutes to 28.

Before granting absolution for this heinous crime, I’ve a bit of an issue with the sentence above! :laughing:
Now I’m not the most experienced driver, and never used a Stoneridge Tacho, so may well be wrong. But every Tacho I’ve used seems to go to sleep if stood for more than a few minutes, and takes a while to wake back up. So exactly how long does it take you to climb into your cab, and was the Tacho awake or asleep when you did so?

I’m not calling you a liar, but…

Wake up?? A few minutes Beeze?? :open_mouth: What sort of tacho roll are you putting in yours■■?

Our Stoneridge’s are on all the time, the backlight only comes on when you press a button or turn the key though.

F-reds:
Wake up?? A few minutes Beeze?? :open_mouth: What sort of tacho roll are you putting in yours■■?

Our Stoneridge’s are on all the time, the backlight only comes on when you press a button or turn the key though.

Like I say, I’ve never used a Stoneridge. But all the Siemens ones I’ve used take quite a while before the display populates. I guess when it ticks over the next minute, just like the way the drive time won’t reset until the next minute ticks over.

Evil8Beezle:

All he said was…

I’d had a lovely supper, and all I said to my wife was ‘That piece of halibut was good enough for Jehovah.’

:laughing: :laughing:

I hope you burn in hell for that :smiling_imp: shocking :angry:

Captain Caveman 76:
I’m fairly certain that when my time comes to stand before The Almighty in judgement, I’ll be denied access to heaven. In fact, He’ll probably say Hell is too good for me and send me to Litchfield for all eternity. So it is with faint hope that I seek a little redemption from my brother (and sister) truckers.

Not too long ago I was heading back to the yard after a bit of a nightmare run. I’d decided to pull over for twenty minutes for a quick power nap in an attempt to recharge my batteries. This was all well and good, but unfortunately the tiny detour I’d taken to find a suitable ■■■■■■■■■■■■ meant that I’d be less than five minutes short of reaching the yard. It wasnt long before I hatched a plan that would get me home with minimal delay.

So it was that eventually I reached Caernby Corner services, and bearing in mind it was still the early hours of the morning, put my tacho on break whilst I filled up! Now, this isn’t what I seek redemption for brother (and sister) truckers. You see, whilst the nozzle was in the tank, I went for a walk and a smoke. Upon completing fueling, I went for a walk, a smoke and to the toilet. After all that, I went to pay for my fuel and did a little shopping whilst I was there. Pretty much as I do on any break I take in the services. So I don’t seek redemption there either.

It was what happened next that could well condemn me to Lichfield for the rest of time.

As I walked back to my truck, another lorry was pulling in behind me. I gave the driver a cheery wave and climbed into my cab. Looking up I could see my clock ticking from 27 minutes to 28. Should I drive off and delay my return for the sake of two minutes I asked myself. “He’ll no” was the reply inside my head. I started the engine up and revved the nuts off it, to simulate a low air tank. That’s horrible I hear you cry. It gets worse. I jumped out of my cab and pulled the red suzie before jumping back into my cab for a bit more revving action. That’s unforgivable, I hear you cry. It gets worse. I jumped back out the cab to reconnect the suzie when the driver of the lorry behind me jumps out of his cab.
“Sorry about this” I said, 'trailers got an air leak".
“No worries mate” came the reply, " I thought you were one of those cockwombles who takes a break on the pump".

Now as despicable as all this sounds, it is for what I said next that I seek forgiveness for, because I said “oh no mate, I’m not one of THOSE [zb]!”

So, as I sit here in a designated parking space in woodhall services, pondering my fate, awaiting my day in the (distant I hope) future when He Who Knows All decides my fate, I ask you, my brother (and sister) truckers, the very people one of whom I wronged, to help me sleep a little at night, to give me hope that I won’t have to endure the never ending purgatory of Lichfield.

I ask you, do you forgive me?

You are forgiven my son.

Not forgiven. Cockwomble!

You are really. See you in Lichfield!

TiredAndEmotional:

You never done Pallex work eh green horn ?

DUFFMAN:

TiredAndEmotional:

I ain’t green ,duffer but maybe your eyes ain’t wot they used to be! :stuck_out_tongue:

TiredAndEmotional:

DUFFMAN:

TiredAndEmotional:

Night Night Boy School in the morning

I ain’t green ,duffer but maybe your eyes ain’t wot they used to be! :stuck_out_tongue:

AndrewG:
Going by that little misdemeanour i then stand no chance of getting through the gates, anywhere though apart from Lichfield… :smiley:

how about hull,my brother was talking to a fellow female worker who came from hull, he told her he went there once and it was closed,she was apparently not impressed

truckman020:

AndrewG:

how about hull,my brother was talking to a fellow female worker who came from hull, he told her he went there once and it was closed,she was apparently not impressed

Oi! Nowt wrong with 'Ull. We’re City Of Culture don’t you know! :smiley:

Do you repent of your sins? You may not be sent to litchfield but you will spend an eternity in purgatory. Rodins “gates of hell” did not describe the horrors of this…

…Stoke on Trent

Im still lmao Captain!!
We’ve all done somthing similar like that when we’re up against the clock!