Been told not to do 'unnecessary' manual entries

My agency rounds up/down to the nearest 15 minutes. Start at 08:05 and its rounded back to 08:00 start. Finish at 17:23 and it is rounded up to 17:30. They make more money, I make more money.

biggriffin:
Thank fooik, I work for a proper company, it’s on the time sheet, it gets paid, all these blue chipper plobbers putting up with pointy shoe crap, no wonder there’s a shortage of people who want to drive for a living.

At the blue chipper plobbing company that’s how it works there, if it is on the timesheet it gets paid even if you’ve gone over the planned hours for the run as long as you put down the reason why with even “felt tired so pulled over for a 30 minute power nap” being an acceptable reason.

Don’t want sound naive here.
But how do they know you have done a manual entry?

I have never done one and don’t see the need to.
Where I work get back wagon is loaded.
For next day when loaded park lock it up take keys home.
Come in next day get in do checks and off I go.
Like today fully loaded now for delivery London 9 am Monday morning sw postcode . Got keys . Been told set off when I like early monday or sunday afternoon.

edd1974:
Don’t want sound naive here.
But how do they know you have done a manual entry?

I have never done one and don’t see the need to.
Where I work get back wagon is loaded.
For next day when loaded park lock it up take keys home.
Come in next day get in do checks and off I go.
Like today fully loaded now for delivery London 9 am Monday morning sw postcode . Got keys . Been told set off when I like early monday or sunday afternoon.

Cos sooner or later someone will check and your WTD summary, assuming you complete one, isn’t going to tally with your timesheets if applicable, or agree with your swipe in/out (fire register?) system if applicable, but most importantly might be at odds with tacho records.

Company may not be bothered about this depending on how seriously it views keeping on the right side of things, but if DVSA ever get interested then if you don’t at least try to keep your records all tallying nicely you might find yourself in the soup.

Conor:

biggriffin:
Thank fooik, I work for a proper company, it’s on the time sheet, it gets paid, all these blue chipper plobbers putting up with pointy shoe crap, no wonder there’s a shortage of people who want to drive for a living.

At the blue chipper plobbing company that’s how it works there, if it is on the timesheet it gets paid even if you’ve gone over the planned hours for the run as long as you put down the reason why with even “felt tired so pulled over for a 30 minute power nap” being an acceptable reason.

Wtf planned hours for a run, Computer says it takes that long, I’m so glad I just get given a job, go and do that, ring when empty, or when empty go their and do that…

Update:

Since I started this thread I’ve continued doing manual entries like I always have, and have heard nothing. All the drivers I spoke with have carried on doing the same. Nothing has been said to any of them either. I think the company was getting pee’d off with some drivers adding 15 mins per day onto the end of their shift, and were trying to stamp it out.