Background music on TV

How annoying, everything on TV has shrilling and loud background piano playing or a synthesiser in films, dramas and documentaries to highlight the tension in the plot , so I turn the TV down before I throw it out the window but then can’t hear what the actors are saying .

Tarmaceater:
How annoying, everything on TV has shrilling and loud background piano playing or a synthesiser in films, dramas and documentaries to highlight the tension in the plot , so I turn the TV down before I throw it out the window but then can’t hear what the actors are saying .

You’re not alone, I cant hear jack ■■■■ what’s being said with that infernal background music :smiling_imp: Action films are way worse with the special effects audio being three times the volume of the spoken word.

I can remember my old Dad rightly moaning about this and he went nearly 15 years ago.Look on the bright side just hope your neighbours don’t have a home cinema AV set up.
Which helps a bit with clarifying the dialogue.But which amplifies the silly electronic synthesised effects even more and is totally useless in anything other than a detatched house given the slightests sense of consideration and responsibility.

Carryfast, we should all write a complaint email to each and every tv channel to complain about this, at the end of every programme they list the musicians in the end credits, so just make their lives hell .