Autonomy on breafast TV

Dr Damon:

AndrewG:

Dr Damon:

IronEddie:
They’ll have to make human driven cars illegal to get me to buy/use an autonomous car.

Simply because I enjoy driving.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Humans will not own cars or drive cars or trucks. (fact.)

How will that ever happen? Many buy cars for pleasure especially sports/ performance cars and they’ll always be a market for them. Make them driverless and the funs gone. I for one love screaming the ■■■■ off my 911 through the hills and twisties, if i came back and the tyres arent blistered its not been done properly.
Banning people from ownership is a non starter…

You are a non starter fella with your complete bull. You just do not get it do you? YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY CHOICE IN THE MATTER.
This whole business is to keep morons like yourself OFF the roads.

No more 100% safe driving whilst you are multi tasking fella.

PS. maybe you are the clown I keep passing on my latest motorcycle. :smiley:

Oh dear ran out of intelligent things to say and resulting instead to insulting me. Clearly you’re not as bright as you wish you were or attempt to appear.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dr Damon:
We haven’t got pilotless planes yet CORRECTION…YES WE DO.

Quite right, they are called DRONES, you know that word well, a bit like you… drone on and on and on …yawn.

Twoninety88:

Dr Damon:
We haven’t got pilotless planes yet CORRECTION…YES WE DO.

Quite right, they are called DRONES, you know that word well, a bit like you… drone on and on and on …yawn.

Indeed, and some bugger is remotely flying them anyway.

Dunno why the troll and his special needs ‘mates’ keeps coming up with these utter ■■■■■■■■ threads, none of us actually give a toss either way, by the time it comes to pass we’ll have had the religious and cultural civil wars which will have decimated the populations of western europe, and everything will have changed.

Dr Damon:

the maoster:
I will now make a confident prediction; without doubt full autonomy will come in time, but I am 100% certain that not a single contributor to this forum will still be alive to witness it.

Fair enough maoster but I think you are mistaken.
It will certainly change people’s lives that are reading this forum for sure.

I understand it’s not what drivers want to hear but all the complete denial on here is ridiculous.

It aint denial and neither is it ridiculous.
You appear to be attempting to put the fear of Satan up everybody’s arse, and to be some alarmist.
Then you come across as a bit frustrated because you aint getting the desired or perceived response.
Thing is the majority of us do not share your fascination and enthusiasm with all this stuff…end of.

It’s a bit like me putting numerous posts on about Newcastle Utd and Holly Willoughby, people would just get sick of hearing about them (well maybe not about Holly :smiley: )

The average age of drivers on here I would bet, determines the fact that most don’t give a flying one because by the time all this stuff comes to complete fruition they will be well out of it…including me.

Anyway Newcastle play Watford on Sat, and Holly is on at 1030 tomorrow on This Morning.
(I’ll get back to you all if anything changes. :smiley: )

Well Dr Damon, I for one completely get the whole autonomy vehicle concept. I completely agree with you in every one of your threads.
Two problems you will encounter and both easily found on here, idiots and non believers. I wish you would come out of the closet and tell us what it is that you know better as this would make it a little more credible to those who doubt that autonomy could ever happen. The idiots will simply pass you off as a troll as that is all they know. I am interested in learning what it is that you know and cannot see why you won’t say, I told everyone that I am a consultant engineer and took the ridicule but to be fair, does that really matter, certainly not to me it doesn’t as some of the nutters on here have never met anyone or have any idea of conversing with intelligence before, to them intelligent conversation is Science fiction. You may be preaching to these but surely you could give something away to the ones who have an ounce of sense. For the record I don’t think that you are in any way a troll or doing this for a wind up, I would be interested to know a bit more of your academic background. I am looking at doing a PhD next year which is long overdue but never got the time. I did my masters 10 years ago with all intent of fulfilling a PhD within 5 years. Any way fella, give us something on your knowledge.

Well you would get the concept UKTramp, you are after all a man who prefers working with us plebs…er exactly for what reason…is it so you can dazzle us with your achievements, impress us with your qualifications, or baffle us as to why you’re ■■■■■■■ about knocking up £30k a year on haulage ■■■■■■■■ when you could be ■■■■■■■ £250k a year by running your own consultancies and employing your own mechanics fixing the stuff your are apparently expert in.

More’s the point, why am i being drawn yet again into another bloody thread about some pie in the sky ■■■■■■■■ that isn’t going to happen for bloody years anyway and that, halleluja, almost no one here except for the one person here of several nom de plumes actually gives two ■■■■■ about.

UKtramp:
Well Dr Damon, I for one completely get the whole autonomy vehicle concept. I completely agree with you in every one of your threads.
Two problems you will encounter and both easily found on here, idiots and non believers. I wish you would come out of the closet and tell us what it is that you know better as this would make it a little more credible to those who doubt that autonomy could ever happen. The idiots will simply pass you off as a troll as that is all they know. I am interested in learning what it is that you know and cannot see why you won’t say, I told everyone that I am a consultant engineer and took the ridicule but to be fair, does that really matter, certainly not to me it doesn’t as some of the nutters on here have never met anyone or have any idea of conversing with intelligence before, to them intelligent conversation is Science fiction. You may be preaching to these but surely you could give something away to the ones who have an ounce of sense. For the record I don’t think that you are in any way a troll or doing this for a wind up, I would be interested to know a bit more of your academic background. I am looking at doing a PhD next year which is long overdue but never got the time. I did my masters 10 years ago with all intent of fulfilling a PhD within 5 years. Any way fella, give us something on your knowledge.

Cheers UKtramp, yep some clowns on here but I fully understand their feelings (I think). However as you probably realise I really take autonomy seriously especially as it is part of my job but there are certain aspects I cannot divulge on here. I could and would have talked more about everything far more seriously but when I joined I was met with a torrent of abuse etc so alternatively decided to wind a few of the clowns up and I feel I have succeeded fairly well in that. I have always enjoyed driving trucks but the autonomy thing is even more exciting and is getting better all the time.
I am off to NZ after Xmas on business and really cannot wait. I may or may not be back on this forum, all depends on circumstances but got to say it’s been interesting talking to you and a few others but with some you can tell it is the same clowns we see on our roads.

All the best…DRD.

^^^^^ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jesus wept, like a number 73 bus, don’t see one for ages then 2 or 3 come along at the same time.

Juddian:
Well you would get the concept UKTramp, you are after all a man who prefers working with us plebs…er exactly for what reason…is it so you can dazzle us with your achievements, impress us with your qualifications, or baffle us as to why you’re ■■■■■■■ about knocking up £30k a year on haulage ■■■■■■■■ when you could be ■■■■■■■ £250k a year by running your own consultancies and employing your own mechanics fixing the stuff your are apparently expert in.

More’s the point, why am i being drawn yet again into another bloody thread about some pie in the sky ■■■■■■■■ that isn’t going to happen for bloody years anyway and that, halleluja, almost no one here except for the one person here of several nom de plumes actually gives two [zb] about.

Oh dear Juddian has he done better than you? Remember you drove a car transporter. Now that is such a complicated job that not many can do. (or so you kept telling us) Time and time again.

Juddian:

Jesus wept, like a number 73 bus, don’t see one for ages then 2 or 3 come along at the same time.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i think thats because they all work the same shifts… :slight_smile:

Funnily enough, it is a job that not everyone can do (nor do they want to do), and that’s never been a reflection on those who it doesn’t work out for (which if you could be bothered to read my posts, i wouldn’t bother if i were you, i have always said), some can’t stand the heights or the cut down cabs, some just don’t think the aggro is worth it, and they do have a point, out in all weathers working your cotton socks off and getting hurt regularly for your trouble when if you search around you can now almost match the pay elsewhere for a sight easier life.
Like every job it goes through its good phases, i’ve jacked it in and gone supermarket driving, and returned to it when the supermarket job changed for a better offer.
The transporter job seems to be heading into a minor downturn (remains to be seen if we have a full blown recession, i think we will), it will do, new cars sales are a very accurate barometer of how much faith people have in the economy (their own jobs and fortunes on a more personal basis), the rest of lorry work doesn’t tend to get affected in quite the same way, food will always be needed, as will the plastic foreign made crap or clothing which lasts 5 minutes so needs constant replacement.

Going to be very interesting in the fullness of time to see them automate a car transporter’s job, though apparently no one will be allowed to own a car in your predicted utopia so the job will eventually become redundant anyway, those new cars driving themselves to communal ranks?

This place isn’t a competition or ■■■■■■■ contest by the way, only some come here to brag about their academic prowess or female conquests or monetary gains, most lads come here regularly to chat about lorries, but also after many years actually doing the job, to encourage the younger and newer drivers into the best work they can get, with luck to deprive a few of the shyster employers of the standards of people they don’t deserve by helping them in some small ways to better themselves.
Hopefully in some small way doing our bit to encourage the better new prospects to seek out better employers.
Hopefully also those with bad attitudes the incompetent the bloody useless to end up with those employers who deserve those too.

What we don’t do is breeze in telling everyone what bloody high flying secret agents of change we are, how we are going to change the world and put them all on the dole, nor belittling others along the way.

Try encouraging sometime for a change, what exactly else have you contributed here in a positive way?

Juddian:

Well I won’t insult you Juddian as my opinion of yourself is quite high. I think you are a great poster and certainly one I would listen too, our opinions may differ but I hold you in quite high regard with your view points so I will not be drawn into an argument or slanging match with yourself.

dieseldog999:

Juddian:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i think thats because they all work the same shifts… :slight_smile:

I am not the same person as Dr Damon, its not often your right but on this occasion your wrong again. Funnily enough though dog I do enjoy your banter regardless, as I have said before, you are certainly not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but you are far from being the bluntest. :smiley:

Juddian:

More’s the point, why am i being drawn yet again into another bloody thread about some pie in the sky ■■■■■■■■ that isn’t going to happen for bloody years anyway and that, halleluja, almost no one here except for the one person here of several nom de plumes actually gives two [zb] about.

Your no pleb Juddian and yes I do enjoy working with people like you. As for my earnings, my earnings certainly are in the upper figures as my two sons are running my business for me, this driving is more my hobby than a career, I enjoy driving in certain jobs and I can afford to pick and choose my driving assignments, I don’t profess to be an expert driver like you are but I am a good one and can do the job as well as most. I am popping a video of my driving on youtube shortly, it shows why I do it and why I enjoy these aspects of A roads in a manual Scania. I just enjoy it and how could you not enjoy scenic drives like some of the ones that I now do. It is something I have done for a very long time on and off and it keeps me feeling alive. Hard to believe, not really.

Can somebody explain to me why you are categorised as an idiot just because you have no interest in someone else’s obsession.? :open_mouth:

Can I suggest to Dr D that he may get a more enthusiastic audience from the ‘Newbie’ forum, most of those lads are in their 20s so it might be an idea to continue his condescending attitude on there, as all this stuff will more likely affect those lads in the future, and I’m confident he will come across as very impressive on there among them.

Who knows he might achieve hero status on there.
As for on here I reckon he’s blown it with us inferior plebs, and/or ‘idiots’ . :bulb:

Btw…What was Holly wearing this morning?
If he can practice his obsession then so am I. :smiley:
Any IDIOTS who do not share it can ■■■■ off.
:laughing:

For God’s sake UKT if you’re as comfortably off as you suggest, get yourself a bloody motorhome (passion wagon) jack the bloody lorries in, drag the good woman in your life with you and bugger off and enjoy the scenery following the sun in a state of semi retirement bliss whist your lads do the donkey work.

You only get one life, i’d love to be wealthy enough to retire and just live life, unfortunately i don’t have a business head nor was i lucky enough to be on one of the top jobs when final salary schemes were still viable, and whilst i thought seriously about Bitcoin 8/9 years ago i didn’t bung any bloody money in, ■■■■.

Got one Juddian, here is what happens when you allow the wife to take it out with her friends on a bloody hen do!!!

This cost me £28,000 and I loved it, it is now reduced to a right off as the insurance company said it cannot be repaired in this country and has to be sent to Germany to fix which would cost more than it was worth. I have bought it back off the insurance company for £8k and here it still stands in my driveway. If anyone knows where I can get it fixed, that is my intention.

Dr Damon:

Juddian:

Oh dear Juddian has he done better than you? Remember you drove a car transporter. Now that is such a complicated job that not many can do. (or so you kept telling us) Time and time again.

:open_mouth: Think you’ve just lost a bit more sympathy there DrD.
Given that this is a forum for truckers, why come on here trivialising a driver’s profession ffs?
Ok driving a truck aint rocket science, and yeh maybe a lot of us could have done better in life, but to put a man down for doing a job in a lesser category of status and kudos than whatever line you are in, aint an attractive aspect of someone’s character mate. :bulb:

Not jumping in here just to stick up for Juddian btw, as I’m absolutely sure he is well capable of doing that himself.
I just don’t like those who look down their snouts at others. :bulb:

Dr Damon:
when I joined I was met with a torrent of abuse etc

As opposed to the nicey nicey way you went about your posting habits right from the off?

Dr Damon:
so alternatively decided to wind a few of the clowns up and I feel I have succeeded fairly well in that.

Well you certainly managed to get under a few skins ill give you that. Some who never usually bite to trolling as well so gotta give kudos for that one

Dr Damon:
I am off to NZ after Xmas on business

Unless it mysteriously/conveniently gets cancelled again I presume