Aston Clinton Haulage

I think I know the bloke you are on about… I didn’t have much to do with the Aylesbury area, just somewhere to send mail and do laundry between trips. I liked the Chinese restaurant to the east side of the town centre… had some expensive nights in there with some of ours, AJG"s and Ralph’s drivers… Kim showed up with some of her old page 3 mates and before we knew it, it was 5 in the morning and we were splitting a bill for over 500 quid…we all shipped out at 2 that afternoon, don’t know how we made it…

There were 4 of us staying in 2 bed flat. Everyone worked over the water so now of us were ever there…

94 was that about when Nobby took them over?

I don’t drink but I used to collect bottles of Grouse for my dad… when I went up to see him one Christmas I had over 20…

Jeff…

That sounded like a good night,i would have clocked the dosh building up and been away, [leaving my cut]all the time over there years i worked there i never went out to a pub or restaurant.AJG i do remember them , i did not know any of the drivers .i new some of ralphies ,but only at a packhouse,and gone the next day.
YES you had got the right idea,base and blow.
my trouble ,not complaining was i had 3 lads and a wife to support however i would have blended in more with the"lads"if i was single ,all in the past now.
i bet your DAD did like the whiskey.i have still got bottles from early 1980s. why ? i do not know.i do not drink spirits or wine at all.

Enjoyed reading through this thread, I remember ACH from back in the day. Could I ask, for those of us who don’t know, what exactly happened in 1994 at Aylesbury Magistrates Court that brought about the demise of ACH? Also, did the girl really strut around the yard wearing just that bikini■■? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

If I remember right it was multiple hours and maintenance offences. Not long after that successful operation they went after Ralph as well…

Yes she really did get about in a bikini… and not just in the yard washing trucks… She managed to get in and out of Ollouigi’s in Madrid under an hour with out touching the truck at all… Did the same trick at Hangartner Rome… turned up in Bikini and stilettos’ … Never worked on me… I left her in the yard at Aylesbury loading export trucks in the rain. She was meant to show up at 10 on Sunday morning to give me and Sleggy a hand but didn’t arrive till closer to lunch time, by then we were doth soaked to the skin and had enough. Kim arrived in a short shirt fluttering her eyes thinking she would get away with it… Sleggy and I were on the 7 pm boat, no sign of Kim… Didn’t see her for about a month after that…

Jeff…

For all of you who can, I run a very popular ACH page on Facebook. If you can enter Aston Clinton Haulage into the search box on Facebook, lots of ex drivers and photos on there.

Mr 141 can we get into the facebook without actual joining the forum ,as i would like to see the photos and comments however i do not want to be requests for friends [i have been told that is what happens]not having many any-way…

JELLOIT was your time after march 1st 1994 the day i received the court summons like all the others we had no worry as the letter stated that all "legal bills"and most fines would be paid by the company "BUT!!! DISCUSS"it with the company…

Did you come across a GERMAN LAD karl who worked with us at ACH i remember our master [zb]david would not let him go ITALY but his love of the beer “pulinnie”,i thought he was ok.allthough i never set eyes on him ever again and i was in and out of Dover untill 2002,well and the train…
i watched the video of your fish transporting ,good did not relise you were a jock every thought david boyce was a jock but he was not another good man sadly departed…apparently for all DAVIDS faults with me i heard he did the family proud, so he did have a conscience…but kept it to himself…

Hi Vic, I was a on the boat with Karl a few times and saw him about over the water here and there, but I can’t say I really knew him. Most of our time was spent over the water and we did a lot of trailer turn rounds at Dunkirk cause the swap over driver had a bit of skirt there…
Glad you liked the Video… the crew were with me for a few days when I was doing the local Tas fish collections. Good bunch of lads. we were doing 16 hours days and I think they were they were happy when it over… It was the first time some of them had ever seen snow…

Jeff …

One driver on this thread talks about driving his ACH F12 to North Africa and Turkey. Were these one-offs? I didn’t know they went beyond Europe. Did they venture further down the Middle-East trail?

ERF-NGC-European:
One driver on this thread talks about driving his ACH F12 to North Africa and Turkey. Were these one-offs? I didn’t know they went beyond Europe. Did they venture further down the Middle-East trail?

Managed to find out a scrap of info. The picture of the Volvo shows it loading on regular work to Benghazi in Libya. Apparently, another lorry is loading for Cairo. So that answers the North Africa half of my question! Any ideas about Middle East?

Thanks for that snippet of news Jamie, and if you do bump into George again in the near future, please give him my kindest regards. I’m very sorry to hear about Sharron leaving him though, thats bad, But he is as everybody says a real Gentleman.

I am a mate of gentleman George and he has asked me to say hello to all that know of him especially Mr Wheel Nuts ,he has completely overwhelmed me on many occasions with his tales of life on the road ,and the many characters he has come across,and his old passports are as thick as a good Jeffrey Archer novel
i have told him that people have asking about him on here and that we need to get him computerised so that he can talk to you all himself , if anybody has any messages for him i am very happy to pass them on

I may be getting mixed up here but didn’t George wear a tie…?

Anybody out there know the whereabouts of Derek Williams, he last worked for ACH who were then taken over by Dentressangle, before that Derek worked for Haywards Transport, Telford.

Thanks
Mark

harry:

Never when I met him, but then again he was normally just throwing a whisky bottle cap out of the cab window, a trick he learnt from Maurice Gray :smiley:

mark chapman:
Anybody out there know the whereabouts of Derek Williams, he last worked for ACH who were then taken over by Dentressangle, before that Derek worked for Haywards Transport, Telford.

Thanks
Mark

Hello mark i have just spoken to gentleman george and he said your friend now works for e.m. rogers northampton, and he thinks he lives in the birmingham area

Wheel Nut:

harry:

Never when I met him, but then again he was normally just throwing a whisky bottle cap out of the cab window, a trick he learnt from Maurice Gray :smiley:

Wheelnut,spoke to george tonight and he said once the top is off its never going back on !! He is watching this site thru a second party and i dont think it will be long before we hear a few stories from a man that as forgotten more than most of us will ever know !!

DUFFMAN:

Wheel Nut:

harry:

Wheelnut,spoke to george tonight and he said once the top is off its never going back on !! He is watching this site thru a second party and i dont think it will be long before we hear a few stories from a man that as forgotten more than most of us will ever know !!

Good, he will be able to tell us all the story about Monsieur Dentressangle, when he had a puncture soon after ACH were taken over. George being the old desert hand, got his overalls on and changed the wheel.

When he got to his customer all hell had broke loose and he had to ring the office. It was George’s lesson that taught him never to attempt a repair yourself and it taught me that even international transport was going downhill fast.

oops, I am stealing his thunder all ready :stuck_out_tongue:

I was surprised this thread went quiet coz always liked these trucks. local to me so here’s some of the old pics.

Interesting this, all different colours on the doors

great pics!! been trying to find some more for my dad. He worked for ACH for a few years in the early 70’s. When were these pictures taken? Got any more ACH ones? :laughing:

Mr 141:
great pics!! When were these pictures taken? Got any more ACH ones? :laughing:

Would have been taken mid late '70’s. A few more for ya :wink: