Armoured car v. Trailer

Who do you think won this tussle?

I would have thought it was the armoured car, but ion what way were they Tussling■■?.. :open_mouth: :question: :open_mouth:

All will be revealed… :wink:

(deleted your double post Tarten AndyM :wink: )

when■■? :open_mouth: … where■■? :open_mouth: … come on, put me out of my misery… :laughing: :laughing:

Depends on what you call an armoured car and what you call a trailer.

Given the nature of this forum, I’d go for the trailer. :confused:

Jules

I would have to say the armoured car, but then again… :confused:

I would go for trailer, but it would all depend on weights etc really

Come on! I want pictures! I want answers!

Okay,hands up who said the trailer won? Correct you get a smartie each! Unfortunately for me :blush: I was pulling a rear steer trailer,something I didn’t have any experience of.I was trying to get into a garage to make a delivery and this armoured car ( a Daimler Ferret for the military buffs) was parked right oppposite the entrance.No problem really done this a thousand times or more,enough room there etc.etc.Well I never felt a thing and I’m in the garage started to off load when this guy comes up and says “You’ve hit my car!”.I’d only passed one car on the way in and I was positive I hadn’t hit him so I was thinking “hang on ,am I being had here?”.So I went with the gentleman ,ready to expose his false allegation and he leads me to this armoured car whereby a quick examination revealed the truth of his statement :open_mouth: :blush: .So if you have one of these rear steers for the first time they throw the back end out a lot more than a normal trailer so easy does it :blush: He spoiled it for himself though by accusing me of doing it deliberatetly and promised to sue me personally :confused:

A Ferret isn’t an armoured car…it’s an off road sports utility vehicle - 5speed pre-selector, fwd/rev transfer box, upside down steering wheel, goes like greased weasel s…(tuff)… off a slippery shovel - takes a little practice but great fun :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

:smiley: You’ve driven them as well then Boots :smiley: :smiley:
Mind you, the early Scorpions were a hoot as well :laughing:

Ah Gary…now you’re talking my speciality…but that’s another story :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

I still have a soft spot for the old Centurion that I first learned on :slight_smile:
Pig of a thing to drive but made a lovely noise. Never did like the Chieftain much but then I didn’t spend much time with it as I transferred to the Infantry quite early on.

24292425 Cpl Wright Sah !
ex Life Guard / 1st Bn Queens Own Highlanders

funny how you NEVER forget that bloody number isn’t it :exclamation:

Ferret Scout car, got a clutch that kicks like a mule, bit of an ankle breaker if not fast enough, got a few in at the camp by you Tomcat back in early 80,s, were going to be used as static positions but ended up being toys for the boys :slight_smile:

Gary

Had a play with a Cent once, it was …interesting :confused: sychronise the engines and that bloody great gearstick in the middle - strange stuff indeed. Chieftain - pain in the ar…(moured warfare)… they were :laughing:
432’s were fun but CVR’s…oh yes, serious playtime :sunglasses:

9 yrs as a ■■■■■■■■■ (mods - please do not edit this as it is the nickname of a prestigeous army regiment, honest :laughing: ) those were the days - low pay and long hours but at least most of the bosses appreciated you. :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

Zorba - no clutch in a ferret, just a change pedal - mind you if you didn’t prime it first it could be a little strong, a good case for proper training :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

Obviously the censor has no sense of tradition :frowning:

Black badge, called a hawk - first bit begins with sh…I’m sure you can remember it :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

Yep, I remember :slight_smile:
We could trawl through the old memories for ages on here.
You know Bovington’s WW I Mk V that still runs. I was a gearsman on that when JLR RAC made a training film while I was there. Now THAT was an interesting experience I can tell you ! You think the Cent’s gearbox is odd :laughing: !!!

Gary

Aaaaargh!..junior bleeder and a life guard - how can you admit to such depravity :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jules

:blush: :blush: :blush: :wink: :laughing:

20 yrs in service. Instructor on AFV432,L/Rover and HGV. Real fun teaching soldiers to driver, especially in Germany. Best MOD veh has to be the HMLC Stalwart,truck and boat combined