Anyone a Millwall F C Supporter?

I reckon nowt to this “take the knee” craic ? Well I defo wouldn’t ! Cheers Bewick.

Its all a load of crap,people jump on the bandwagens of any little thing these days.It should be ALL lives matter or none.

Soon to be a political party.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I am now - or at least I support what their fans are saying. This sort of posturing has no place in either sport or society in general

Right up there with all the other loads of codswallop! Look at me being a prat.

It does my head in also before every match. :unamused:

youtu.be/zMGn4MjHKVs

youtu.be/n7lEnYLMIMA

It’ll probably stop when all this Covid crap is over,.and fans are let back into grounds.
Most football fans I know also disapprove of it.
Wtf has it to do with football.

A radio report about it.
youtu.be/6■■5bixtGzA

robroy:

youtu.be/zMGn4MjHKVs

youtu.be/n7lEnYLMIMA

It’ll probably stop when all this Covid crap is over,.and fans are let back into grounds.
Most football fans I know also disapprove of it.
Wtf has it to do with football.

A radio report about it.
youtu.be/6■■5bixtGzA

Fantastic listening on the last one Rob, can’t wait to see and hear the reactions when the grounds let in more supporters.

If nothing else it sent Jeremy Whine into a meltdown got to be worth it just for that :smiley:

As someone who watches every PL game as an escape from lockdown boredom; I have noticed that the players are staying on one knee for shorter and shorter periods. Maybe they have realized that have backed themselves into a corner with this gesture and would be happy to get out of the situation. Millwall could be their saviour.

ChrisArbon:
As someone who watches every PL game as an escape from lockdown boredom; I have noticed that the players are staying on one knee for shorter and shorter periods. Maybe they have realized that have backed themselves into a corner with this gesture and would be happy to get out of the situation. Millwall could be their saviour.

No Chris , weathers colder and their likkle knees are suffering .

I don’t want to Air my views on this subject on a public forum other than to state that perhaps everybody is missing the point.
Were the Millwall supporters booing the knee ■■■■■ or were they booing the player that stood up facing them with his arm raised and fist clenched giving the “Black Power” salute?

Firstly I doubt anyone would own to being 'Wall.
Secondly I’d be amazed if any can read.

Grumpy_old_trucker:
I don’t want to Air my views on this subject on a public forum other than to state that perhaps everybody is missing the point.
Were the Millwall supporters booing the knee [zb] or were they booing the player that stood up facing them with his arm raised and fist clenched giving the “Black Power” salute?

Yes I saw that player too, everybody taking the knee except him, doing the black power salute. facing the Millwall fans.
Was he doing that to stir up the Millwall fans on purpose, they do have a reputation ?

skysports.com/football/news … cHbxou5_TI

robroy:

Bit odd it should worry you Rob. Newcastle have been on their knees ever since Keegan lost his rag with Fergie live on air.

Darkside:

robroy:

Bit odd it should worry you Rob. Newcastle have been on their knees ever since Keegan lost his rag with Fergie live on air.

Oooh that was below the belt. :laughing:

sorry about that :smiley:

you know the clenched fist salute has a history that goes back way before it being known as a black power salute, At first it was not exclusively used in relation to people of African descent, but by marginalised groups worldwide experiencing any form of oppression, to reject discriminatory behaviour.

You can see it clearly on this film from the battle of cable street at around 25 seconds in https://youtu.be/-AQDOjQGZuA?t=22

its a left wing/ anarchist / antifascist symbol, taken on by the original black panther party as that was their worldview

I’m only saying this because I know there are a lot of history buffs on this forum, and preserving our history of our statues and monuments is of immense importance to all of you. so I just had to do so for the sake of historical accuracy

So, here’s the historic background to ‘taking the knee’.

The Americans sing ‘Star Spangled Banner’ before every American Football match.

Footballer Colin Kaepernick actually listened to the words, which included the line ‘hireling and slave’.

Being a bright lad, he did a bit of research and found it referenced slaves who left their American masters to fight for the British Empire in 1812, when the Americans decided they would take Canada off the British while the British were busy fighting the French.

He took the knee in protest are being made to stand to attention while this insulting song was played.

The Royal Navy formed took volunteers from the freed men to form a unit called the Colonial Marines, who fought for the British with great distinction. British Rear Admiral George Cockburn argued that they proved to be “the best skirmishers possible for the thick woods of this country” and, in fighting, demonstrated “extraordinary steadiness and good conduct when in action with the enemy.”

When the USA and UK settled their differences, the Americans demanded the return of ‘their property’. The British refused, and the Colonial Marines and their families, plus other freed slaves who had worked with the British, were settled as free people in Canada and Trinidad, being given small farms in recognition of their service.

It is therefore downright insulting to ask any British person to ‘take the knee’. Ask them instead to raise a glass to the brave Colonial Marines and the Royal Navy.

It would be really helpful if stories like this formed part of Black History Month…but they don’t fit with the ‘victim narrative’ and are therefore ‘unwoke’.