Another tipper driver giving a bad name

So I left J31 M1 truck stop this morning with a 27 ton load with an R440 Scania. Not a 750 not a 650, 440.

So I’m obviously going to be going up the hill from the roundabout up to the m1 pretty slow.

Artic tipper driver seemed to not understand this and I must have inconvenienced him MASSIVELY because once we get out onto the motorway roundabout we are both going northbound exit, I’m hunging the center white like so my near side trailer wheels don’t clip the kerb. He comes round my offside on the bend but because of my position that I was already in, didn’t go into his path, he had to go so far offside that he bounced himself over the kerb on his side.

What did he gain from this? He joined lane 1 of the M1 no more than 10 seconds before me.

Really annoys me. You can understand car drivers not appreciating a fully loaded truck is going to be slow moving. But other truck drivers should understand.

Sorry, did not see you in my mirrors

have tipper drivers ever had ‘a good name’?

Tipper, tanker, tautliner, it matters not what trailer they pull if they are merely a car driver with a class 1 licence.

the maoster:
Tipper, tanker, tautliner, it matters not what trailer they pull if they are merely a car driver with a class 1 licence.

Totally agree. always single out the tipper drivers though tut.

All he gained was a clearer faster path down the slip road at the cost of an unprofessional overtake.

His best option would have been to hang back on the hill approaching the roundabout and floor it just before the short dual section before the roundabout then pass you seemlessly before said roundabout.

But tipper drivers are the dregs of our industry, sure there’s good ones but the majority of idiots let the sector down, just like the rest of us really.

Dipper_Dave:
But tipper drivers are the dregs of our industry, sure there’s good ones but the majority of idiots let the sector down, just like the rest of us really.

I do wonder if this was sarcastic? ?

I’m a tipper driver have been for the last 2 years only on 8 wheeler not interested in artic… was pretty offended by the dregs comment tbh I see myself as a bloody good driver some of the places I get sent in my bulker are ludicrous. But I tip and leave without incedent. Heck I can even sit on a motorway without much truamer. Maybe I’m one of the good ones I do find myself shaking my head in wonder at some of my colleague’s driving but like a good boy keep my thoughts to myself… :grimacing:

the maoster:

That’s exactly what they are, and there are ever more of these idiots. I’m all for making things easy to do, but when you have trucks that more or less drive themselves already, the bar is lowered to such a degree that any clown can drive an artic despite having a complete lack of awareness, of forward planning and of any driving skill.

I drove tippers in the 1960s after leaving the Merchant Navy,no H.G.V licence then, I was just given a test drive and taken on.Talk about whacky races,it was just like the old film Hell Drivers,there was the star driver with the best lorry setting the pace,and everybody tried to do more runs than him,i think I was on about £13 a week.I don’t know if modern tipper drivers are on a bonus system or piecework and thats why they appear to drive without care or consideration for other road users,but having said that I suppose that there are good and bad drivers out there whatever vehicles they drive.I have noticed that a lot of lorrys seem to be pulling out to change lanes with only a short signal that does not give other road users time to react.Having driven artics for 35 years you can usually predict what they want to do and act accordingly but a lot of other road users cant,[keep your elbows in] :smiley:

I drove tippers in the 1960s after leaving the Merchant Navy,no H.G.V licence then, I was just given a test drive and taken on.Talk about whacky races,it was just like the old film Hell Drivers,there was the star driver with the best lorry setting the pace,and everybody tried to do more runs than him,i think I was on about £13 a week.I don’t know if modern tipper drivers are on a bonus system or piecework and thats why they appear to drive without care or consideration for other road users,but having said that I suppose that there are good and bad drivers out there whatever vehicles they drive.I have noticed that a lot of lorrys seem to be pulling out to change lanes with only a short signal that does not give other road users time to react.Having driven artics for 35 years you can usually predict what they want to do and act accordingly but a lot of other road users cant,[keep your elbows in] :smiley:

sidestrap:

There I said it twice,Thats what happens when your not very computer literate :blush:

sidestrap:

sidestrap:

There I said it twice,Thats what happens when your not very computer literate :blush:

You’ve got to say everything at least twice here…! :slight_smile:

Olog Hai:

the maoster:

That’s exactly what they are, and there are ever more of these idiots. I’m all for making things easy to do, but when you have trucks that more or less drive themselves already, the bar is lowered to such a degree that any clown can drive an artic despite having a complete lack of awareness, of forward planning and of any driving skill.

^^^^^^^^
Agree absolutely…with both posts.
Thing is these pricks ‘‘drive’’ their trucks in the same way they would drive a car.