And we wonder why people don’t like us [Merged]

If I saw someone doing that, I might be inclined to step in & give it him back or at least forward my camera footage to the police. [emoji362]

Thick as pig ■■■■■ some blokes. Usually the bully’s. [emoji849]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DickyNick:
I’m with everyone that a car driving at 50mph in lane 2 with a clear lane 1 is highly frustrating and they are wrong. But, it’s how we deal with that as a professional driver. Driving dangerously close and being aggressive so in essence dealing with someone else’s wrong by offering a counter wrong doing ourselves isn’t the way to go about it. Sit back be patient, wait for them to move or just pass them on the near side if your already in lane 1. That’s the difference between an actual professional driver and someone who’s just am impatient car driver who’s got a class 1 licence and thinks they can use the vehicle size to be a bully.

I agree with your stance here, I can’t defend the bullying of the lorry driver and I reckon that he is probably the type of guy for whom road rage is a common occurrence. The car driver in this instance could undoubtedly benefit from some further driver training, but as has been mentioned before WE are the vocational drivers who should be trained to deal with this sort of thing properly.

As I mentioned earlier I simply would have carried on in lane 1 and undertook the car, 5 or 6 mph faster is hardly a speed differential that’ll terrify the car driver and if the car driver took exception to being undertaken then he/she simply needed to accelerate slightly to negate the issue.

The only defence I can offer on behalf of the lorry driver is that most of us he got ■■■■■■ off with what he perceived to be A N other clueless car driver on a motorway, he shouldn’t have reacted that way though.

How about you take your friend for motorway lessons. You can argue with people here it wont change anything. Take them on the motorway and get them up to speed. You will do a lot of good. Everytime a family member passes a test i take them for driving to give them experience. Remember driving schools teach you to pass the test only. Proper driving starts after you pass your test.

What I’d like is the next time someone on here witnesses some poor lorry driving they do as the lorry driver in this case should have done and just said ‘■■■■ happens’.

Instead it’s just used as another virtue-signalling opportunity. I might be interested if there was at least some dashcam footage to pick over. There’ll be countless such incidences and always have been not sure it means anything or what some enormous circle-jerk on how awful it is achieves.

Is any driver who does behave like this likely to read the posts here and book himself on an anger management course.

A truly riveting thread.

Hyh:
Truck driver can do an accurate 56mph, perhaps slightly more if the road was a on a downhill section

Not necessarily.

Hyh:
So Artic driver is trundling along in Lane 1, gaining on a car claiming to be doing 50 but more likely to be doing 45,perhaps less. The car driver then moved into lane 2 where Artic driver had moved to, trying to pass the car. The car is not overtaking anyone but has simply moved out to impede the progress of the artic driver. This is in effect “Brake Checking” with such a difference in speed, a very dangerous and illegal activity.

Drive to the conditions. There is a plodder in lane 1 and a slip road on. Be prepared for joining traffic and plodder moving out. Look ahead and be aware of potential hazards. The car driver is going to know about joining traffic first, so don’t move out assuming no joining traffic.

Plenty of trucks trundle along at 50mph when they could go faster and that’s ok? So why can’t a car trundle along at 50mph if they choose to without truck drivers getting their knickers in a twist about it saying it should be illegal?

Or is it like the tories and ■■■■■■■■ and we’re saying it’s one rule for us another for them?

DickyNick:
Plenty of trucks trundle along at 50mph when they could go faster and that’s ok? So why can’t a car trundle along at 50mph if they choose to without trucker drivers getting their knickers in a twist about it saying it should be illegal?

How do you know they could go faster? Lots are restricted to a speed less than 56.

Motorways are for motoring ie getting there quickly, if you want to drive at 50 stick to the A roads simples…

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

DickyNick:
Plenty of trucks trundle along at 50mph when they could go faster and that’s ok? So why can’t a car trundle along at 50mph if they choose to without truck drivers getting their knickers in a twist about it saying it should be illegal?

Or is it like the tories and ■■■■■■■■ and we’re saying it’s one rule for us another for them?

The only knickers in a twist here belong to you, the professional flouncer.
Why don’t you flounce back to being a copper, then you can take your frustrations out on the scumbag truckers and they will be forced to listen to you under threat of kidnap and violence

DickyNick:

Bore off you moaning ■■■■!

DickyNick:

Thread is here, go use it. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165391

Flagged to admin to lock this pointless nonsense.

Would you drive along a motorway in your car at a speed slightly slower than the speed heavy lorries are doing? Would you cycle along the A1 in dark clothing?

Both perfectly legal but both demonstrate a lack of awareness of the concept of self preservation. As the old saying goes “safety starts with you”, why leave your safety in the hands of others?

Dear oh dear. It’s a serious question that I’m struggling to see an answer to. If all you lot think a car driving at 50mph is dangerous, illegal, against what the Highway Code says, and a test fail then why is it ok for a truck to do it?

DickyNick:

R420:
No sympathy. The Highway Code is freely available to everyone. If they choose not to use it and educate themselves on how to drive legally and safely then they shouldn’t cry when they get “bullied”. The situation is entirely of their own making. You won’t get much sympathy here - and rightly so.

Is that the same Highway Code that talks about safe distances? Correct use of the horn? Correct use of flashing lights? That neither should be used in aggression? And the same Highway Code that says you should be patient with other road uses mistakes. Yeah? That one? Yeah I thought so…

Yet, your wife couldn’t of offered words of advice to the new driver? … just sat there letting the driver get intimidated… face the fact, your not professional drivers at all, you just have an upgraded licence … simple as, as for the new pass, shouldn’t be on a motorway if scare, go back and get lessons with an instructor… all 3 are to blame.

Err because some are limited to that speed. Answer my question.

Also most trucks are bought by accountants and are underpowered for the job. I’m not condoning speeding but 10bhp per tonne is the industry standard but is not in keeping with modern traffic conditions therefore when you see a truck going along at 50 mph it’s probably because it is struggling with the weight not because the driver wants to go at that speed UNLIKE cars drivers who seem to be in a world of their own and not aware of what is going on around them. If, for example, you and a colleague are in the second lane travelling at 50 mph and there is a truck gaining on you surely the sensible and polite thing to do is either increase your speed or move back into the first lane because there is nothing there and you are lane hogging or incompetent, either way you are in the wrong.
Sorry just realised crossed my thread up. :blush:

Do i know a single lorry driver (someone who has earned that accolade) who would drive their own car at 50mph along a normal motorway? nope not one.

Do i want to play with the lorries when i’m in my car, no i bloody well don’t, i’ll travel at 60+ mph and keep out their way, they’ve got work to do and anyone who has time to ■■■■ about at 50 on a motorway obviously has sod all to do.

Yes there are those who travel at less than the normal limiter speed of 55/56mph, i cruise at 53/54 in the wagon, but unless overtaking (where i use the full 56 to not impede others :bulb: ) i stick to the nearside lane.
No one is really bothered about anyone doing 50, it’s when they deliberately or possibly worse by incompetence impede everyone else by blocking overtaking lanes and baulking others, that the issues arise.

As the current serial complainer knows only too well, maybe if he’d been on the road a while and had to cope with vastly underpowered engines pulling heavy loads…not a handful of bloody parcels…he’d realise why some lorry drivers get thoroughly cheesed off with the endless and increasingly mindless incompetence out on the roads as the nation gets dumbed down enough for its coming serfdom.

Someone said to me at work when we are moving 4.3m wide 44t loads and have to use lane 2 and 3 to overtake a modern car doing slower then us they should be banned, I agree :sunglasses:

I added the ‘modern’ car as my uncle said he caused a scene 10 years ago doing Gloucester to Swansea in his 1955 Morris Minor which struggled to keep 50mph.

Juddian:
No one is really bothered about anyone doing 50, it’s when they deliberately or possibly worse by incompetence impede everyone else by blocking overtaking lanes and baulking others, that the issues

Incompetence is forgivable and can often be cured.

Deliberate and determined bloody mindedness, bordering on
sheer wickedness and intolerance, and often caused by an inherent inadequacy suffered by the perpetrator has no known cure.
They walk among us.

drover:

DickyNick:
Plenty of trucks trundle along at 50mph when they could go faster and that’s ok? So why can’t a car trundle along at 50mph if they choose to without trucker drivers getting their knickers in a twist about it saying it should be illegal?

How do you know they could go faster? Lots are restricted to a speed less than 56.

Motorways are for motoring ie getting there quickly, if you want to drive at 50 stick to the A roads simples…

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

This is just your wish and has nothing to do with reality, if someone wants to drive 50mph on a motorway, they still can do this. No one should be pushed to drive faster than they feel safe, and there are official rules to support this.

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using Tapatalk