An arty sunset, but where am I? [Solved by Martin]

Here’s a nice arty sunset over a football ground, but does anybody know where I was to take the pic?

Img_1088small.jpg

If you cut a heap of trees down, I’d say Berwick.

nickb67:
If you cut a heap of trees down, I’d say Berwick.

Sorry mate, it’s not Berwick. :frowning:

IIRC, there aren’t any trees anywhere near this place.

As an extra clue… on his way past, raymundo might have seen the same view as in the pic in the OP. :wink:

Now for an extra pic…

Here’s a peep through the gate:

Img_1084small.jpg

Now I am intrigued with that clue, Raymundo was last seen cruising the Thames on the “Bert Prior” between Gravesend and Deptford Creek, I know that stretch of river well and cannot think of a football ground that can be seen from the river.

Martin:
Now I am intrigued with that clue, Raymundo was last seen cruising the Thames on the “Bert Prior” between Gravesend and Deptford Creek, I know that stretch of river well and cannot think of a football ground that can be seen from the river.

There isnt one on the Thames that I know off but before I came back down here i was working the Clyde and the estuary so could it be somewhere up there ■■

edit … how did you know I was on the Bert Prior ? (cushy little number and very well paid to boot !!)

Dumbarton ■■

raymundo:
edit … how did you know I was on the Bert Prior ? (cushy little number and very well paid to boot !!)

You have referred to the Bert Prior in a couple of earlier posts and shipping as always been an interest it’s something I remembered. (Ex Humber lighterman, Humber pilot, RNLI crew and small boat owner)

raymundo:
Dumbarton ■■

Sorry raymundo, it’s not Dumbarton. (I’ve already done that one.)

Just to clear up the clue…

This is on the coast, not on a river.

Oh, and it’s not even near the Thames. :wink: :smiley:

Martin:

:bulb: raymundo might have gone past this place, but not necessarily on his current assignment. :wink:

Gayfield Park, Arbroath?

Martin:
Gayfield Park, Arbroath?

… is the correct answer, we have a winner. :smiley:

Img_1085small.jpg

:bulb: I took these on the same trip as when I did the Montrose WAI, but I kept this one up my sleeve because it would have been too easy. :smiley:

dieseldave:

Martin:

:bulb: raymundo might have gone past this place, but not necessarily on his current assignment. :wink:

If I had passed Arbroath on my current job I think the owner might have had some serious questions concerning my navigational skills … :slight_smile:

raymundo:

dieseldave:

Martin:

If I had passed Arbroath on my current job I think the owner might have had some serious questions concerning my navigational skills … :slight_smile:

I was thinking exactly that too!! :laughing: :laughing: