All Hail King Boris!

Even my girl friends dog wasn’t impressed by labour [emoji23]

eagerbeaver:
Boris won because he is the only one prepared to take us out of the EU and actually has the ability to do so. If Nige would have had a chance of winning and a decent manifesto, Mrs B and I would have voted for him instead.

Here’s some truth folks. Most people are sick to the death of uncontrolled immigration. A large percentage of our EE friends for example have come here to drive trucks and don’t even pay any bloody tax! (Come April 2020 that ship will sail though),it’s about time this country had some control of it’s own destiny. Labour cannot be trusted on the economy and have/had a terrible leader in that idiot Corbyn, a terrorist sympathiser and a yellow belly who would not use a nuclear weapon to defend us all if required.

But these nurses, police officers, prison officers, teachers and hospitals better start turning up sharpish or Boris will be out as quick as he got in.

the NHS gets £139.3 billion in 2019/20.creamed of from the top down,the gov need to take control and be held responsible for the spending

dexxy57:

Winseer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcuoEVcsLcs

(Warning: Contains Swearing, Leftie Tears, and Mild Peril.)

You ignore the far Left AND Far Right, and when the time comes that they preciptate the violence already threatened - you stamp on it HARD.

The Tories - may well be getting their “Law & Order” Mojo back in the near future…

Surely the days are numbered for these hateful protestors like the woman @ 5m50sec in on the video…

Jesus, imagine waking up next to that every morning.

Luckily for Boris, he’s got a rather tastier bit of young skirt to wake up to in the morning.
The only use for a bit of “morning wood” i can think of for this crazed, practically foaming-at-the-mouth fanatic in the video - would involve “knocking it on the head with a handy chairleg” - put it that way. :unamused:

del trotter:
Fixed term Parliament act, he can sit there for the next 5 years doing whatever the hell he wants and nobody can get him out.

He could be potentially removed by a vote of no confidence. That’s the thing Labour / Lib Dems were too scared to try when they had a majority which if they won (99% chance as they had a majority) would have forced an election!

In words Dianne Abbot would understand - he wanted to have election early and Labour / Lib Dem wouldn’t allow it so fixed term worked against Boris.

Also in news, last I heard Boris is wanting to remove the fixed term thing so we go back to the old method.

That won’t change anything since ALL governments usually only call elections when they are in a good position or run out of time (just like fixed term). Oh except Teresa but she had no interest in keeping a majority and thus doing the B thing.

As for the Labour party - every labour MP currently sitting should be dragged before IRA victims or their families both civilians and soldiers and should say “I’m fully behind this guy who supports the murdering pieces of [fb] who injured you or killed your loved ones”.

Unlike the NHS smokescreen crap, that is documented fact…!

I saw an interview with Nigel farage the other morning. He basically said the boris deal is a shockingly poor deal but it doesn’t matter as long as we leave. Really? Does everyone really want to leave that much that they are happy with a poor deal now as long as we leave?

Yes I wanted to remain. No I’m not a remoaner, I accept the result. Am I happy it about it? No. But I agree the result needs to be honoured. But i don’t understand how people have become so obsessed with brexit and making sure we leave that a bad deal is acceptable as long as we leave.

robroy:
Secondly …The pro Brexit majority absolutely DID care, we felt cheated and patronised, which was clearly illustrated by the election result :bulb:
We were sick of hearing these bad loser [zb] wingers, and especially when they insulted us by the tiresome ‘‘They did not know what they were voting for’’ ■■■■■■■■.

On a technicality they’re right, no one who voted leave knew what they were voting for and still don’t.

We all voted on a slogan and a soundbite.

I voted leave having spent the previous 15 years transiting the channel ports 3 or 4 times a week and I was thoroughly sick of the illegal immigrant problem.
However I soon realised that Brexit won’t fix it. All it will do is shift the problem of detection from the French side to the British side, I can’t see the French being very concerned catching stowaways now as once they’re off French soil and found on British soil then it’s our problem, not the EU’s problem.

Do you know what the details of any trade deal with the EU actually mean?
Do you know how leaving will effect UK citizens travel within the EU?
Do you know how the customs arrangement between North and south Ireland will work in reality?
Do you know how leaving will effect the transportation of goods in and out of the Uk to the EU by both foreign and domestic operators will work?
Do you know the details of how any trade negotiations with the non EU countries around the world will work?
Do you know for certain that the NHS won’t be on the table for trade negotiations with the US?
Do you know for certain that supplies of essential medications won’t be adversely effected long or short term?
Do you really know what’s going to happen with immigration?
How will leaving stop the illegal immigration situation?
Will EU citizens be stopped from working here now? I hope not as they’re currently propping up our NHS.

If you knkw the answer to any or all of these then please drop into No 10 at your earliest convenience and have a chat as I think they might need some help.
Also, if you do know the answer to all these questions then I unreservedly apologise as you will be the only person who knew the full implications of voting for Brexit.

The point is, it was never made clear the details of any leave arrangement because no one has ever done it before, we even had the possibility of a no deal Brexit which again has a ton of unknown consequences.
Within the next year we will know the details of leaving as far as the EU are concerned, after that it will be a good many years before we know the details of trade agreements with the rest of the world.
Until then it remains that no one knows exactly what Brexit actually means.

Rowley010:
I saw an interview with Nigel farage the other morning. He basically said the boris deal is a shockingly poor deal but it doesn’t matter as long as we leave. Really? Does everyone really want to leave that much that they are happy with a poor deal now as long as we leave?

Yes I wanted to remain. No I’m not a remoaner, I accept the result. Am I happy it about it? No. But I agree the result needs to be honoured. But i don’t understand how people have become so obsessed with brexit and making sure we leave that a bad deal is acceptable as long as we leave.

Be patient mate, you will soon understand.

When you are driving your wagon for minimum wage.

Tgtrucker:

robroy:
Secondly …The pro Brexit majority absolutely DID care, we felt cheated and patronised, which was clearly illustrated by the election result :bulb:
We were sick of hearing these bad loser [zb] wingers, and especially when they insulted us by the tiresome ‘‘They did not know what they were voting for’’ ■■■■■■■■.

On a technicality they’re right, no one who voted leave knew what they were voting for and still don’t.

I voted leave having spent the previous 15 years transiting the channel ports 3 or 4 times a week and I was thoroughly sick of the illegal immigrant problem.
However I soon realised that Brexit won’t fix it. All it will do is shift the problem of detection from the French side to the British side, I can’t see the French being very concerned catching stowaways now as once they’re off French soil and found on British soil then it’s our problem, not the EU’s problem.

Do you know how the customs arrangement between North and south Ireland will work in reality?
Do you know how leaving will effect the transportation of goods in and out of the Uk to the EU by both foreign and domestic operators will work?
Do you know the details of how any trade negotiations with the non EU countries around the world will work?
Do you know for certain that the NHS won’t be on the table for trade negotiations with the US?
Do you know for certain that supplies of essential medications won’t be adversely effected long or short term?
Will EU citizens be stopped from working here now? I hope not as they’re currently propping up our NHS.

If you knkw the answer to any or all of these then please drop into No 10 at your earliest convenience and have a chat as I think they might need some help.
Also, if you do know the answer to all these questions then I unreservedly apologise as you will be the only person who knew the full implications of voting for Brexit.

The point is, it was never made clear the details of any leave arrangement because no one has ever done it before, we even had the possibility of a no deal Brexit which again has a ton of unknown consequences.
Within the next year we will know the details of leaving as far as the EU are concerned, after that it will be a good many years before we know the details of trade agreements with the rest of the world.

I know 2 things mate.

I DO know what I voted for …I voted to leave the EU…no caviats, no conditions.

I know that the verdict was not carried out because it was unexpected by the politicians, and every dirty trick in the book was tried to prevent it, but the election vindicated and confirmed the referendum result.

We managed perfectly well without any sort of European Union (although we very nearly became a member of one in 1940) for generations when this country was indeed Great… as in Great Britain.

Actually I know 3 things, number 3 is people like you (whatever you say) still do not accept a democratic vote and decision, and will continue to come up with negative spin and general doom and gloom. :unamused:

So all the things you mention, just let those who know sort it. :bulb: , I admit it won’t be an easy ride, and things won’t be sorted overnight, but let things take their course.

eagerbeaver:

Rowley010:

Be patient mate, you will soon understand.

When you are driving your wagon for minimum wage.

What do you mean by that

Tgtrucker:

robroy:

Well Tgtrucker it seems you are more verbose than myself and took a chance on leave as I took one on remain.
How we feel about it and the questions raised however are the same.

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

robroy:

Tgtrucker:

robroy:

I know 2 things mate.

I DO know what I voted for …I voted to leave the EU…no caviats, no conditions.

I know that the verdict was not carried out because it was unexpected by the politicians, and every dirty trick in the book was tried to prevent it, but the election vindicated and confirmed the referendum result.

We managed perfectly well without any sort of European Union (although we very nearly became a member of one in 1940) for generations when this country was indeed Great… as in Great Britain.

Actually I know 3 things, number 3 is people like you (whatever you say) still do not accept a democratic vote and decision, and will continue to come up with negative spin and general doom and gloom. :unamused:

So all the things you mention, just let those who know sort it. :bulb: , I admit it won’t be an easy ride, and things won’t be sorted overnight, but let things take their course.

Thing 1.
You want Brexit, at any price?
Well a lot of people feel the same way, and that’s where the country is going.
Thing 3.
There have been a lot of arguments about the way to go. There have been insults, direct and indirect thrown around by both sides. No excuse for them, and let’s not repeat too many here.
Thing 2. (Sounds like a Dr Zeus story!)
We managed without the EU or Common Market very well in former times, true. But don’t forget we were formerly exploiting our huge Empire or were part, indeed leader, of a global Common Wealth. It was all slewed to favour us.
Those days are not about to return anytime soon.

Your last point: “Trust those who know”?
Really? Has someone hacked your account?

If you voted leave then congratulations you got what you want. If you voted remain (as I did) then it is what it is now. It’s going to happen whether you like or not so there’s no point in moaning and bickering and all the rest of it just the same as those who want to leave it doesnt help anyone to gloat about it as is all over social media. How does that get anyone anywhere? All that crap from both sides (moaning and Negativity from one then gloating from the other) doesn’t get either side anywhere. The country needs to come together and make what will be work and be positive about it. The people have spoken now so let’s get on with it and not be divided.

A measured sensible post, am I on the right forum!![emoji16]

Sent from my R19 using Tapatalk

Franglais said

"Thing 1.
You want Brexit, at any price?
Well a lot of people feel the same way, and that’s where the country is going.
Thing 3.
There have been a lot of arguments about the way to go. There have been insults, direct and indirect thrown around by both sides. No excuse for them, and let’s not repeat too many here.
Thing 2. (Sounds like a Dr Zeus story!)
We managed without the EU or Common Market very well in former times, true. But don’t forget we were formerly exploiting our huge Empire or were part, indeed leader, of a global Common Wealth. It was all slewed to favour us.
Those days are not about to return anytime soon.

Really? Has someone hacked your account?"

Brexit - is supposed to make/save Britain money. “Brexit at any price” is like “paying an admission fee to Ladbrokes, where you will emerge skinto 99.9% of the time at some later point”

Then again Staying in the EU has been doing THAT to Britain for around four decades already!!

Thus, Brexit is actually “Our relationship with the EU at NO price - i.e. FREE.”

Soft Brexit = We leave on good terms with the EU
Hard Brexit = We’re forced to break the EU and leave it’s financial institutions in ruins because “Pharaoh woundn’t let my people go.”

There’s still time for the EU to accept that Britain can leave - and cease the payments they’ve become so dependent upon.
There’s no need for a compromise where we “keep on paying” as if the EU financial institutions were some kind of “third world charity” we’re obliged to fund…

I bet the EU are chomping at the bit for Boris to put his current deal through, now that he’s got a majority.
I’d be disappointed if he now didn’t tear up the “oven ready” deal, and go get a BETTER one, - one that shortens the transition period, and brings forward the actual “Brexit Date” for starters!
(“Brexit Date” = the day we make our last payment to the EU - forever)

Looking back to the 1970’s when we paniced our way into the EEC to start with…

The Empire was in terminal decline in those days. We had an immigration crisis of sorts back then too…
We couldn’t afford to run a bloated military any longer, and the military was gradually run down, along with it’s hard-core manufacturing support industries, such as steel works, car plants, etc.
The move off coal to greener energy, resulted in the decline of our coal industry, although I don’t think I’ve ever heard people mention Thatcher in the light of “Green Godess”, but rather just some dragon who crushed our industries, or rather their “entitled” Unions.
Back then, the only alternative to such terminal decline to the outgoing British Empire - would have been a re-kindled HOT war, probably resulting in nuclear holocaust.
SO… We ran down the Empire, shifted our politics from the extremes to the center, survived the recessions and slumps since, - but a lifetime on - we’re STILL HERE.

Now let’s go and take the gloves off Business-wise, and “go get something better”.

The EU always needed the UK as a cash cow - not the other way around. It is only “Laziness” that prefers to buy the same or marked higher goods from the nearby-continent.
There should be no arguments about “Quality” as the international commodities markets already have in place all the quality controls NEEDED for foodstuffs in particular.
If I buy a contract consignment of Florida Oranges - the quality isn’t in question. They are just as safe as Seville Oranges. End of.
The cost of living “imported food-wise” - doesn’t increase, unless the Pound continues to decline more SHARPLY after Brexit. Why would it do THAT though?
The current weakness of the pound - has made UK exports on the other hand - FAR more competitive than they once were. This permits us to engage in international trade on a level not seen since the Empire days. Thus, Post-Brexit, the best, and ultimate outcome - is a trade empire of our OWN to replace both the now-gone British Empire (military based) and the EU Trade Empire that unfortunately (for them) became too political for the UK to carry on swallowing… Prosperity for some far-away land, whilst the UK stays in a regular boom & bust cycle to PAY for that. No thanks!

“Let’s get Brexit Done” - Boris has won fair and square PROVIDING he now delivers. He’s got no excuses NOT to now.
The gloves are off!

Non-Left Remainers - have finally given their consent to Brexit.

There are FOUR groups of people, (five, if you include “Stays out of politics”, i.e. “politically neutral”)

Brexiteer Right
Brexiteer Left
Remainer Right
Remainer Left

We’ve thus made that latter group DOUBLE losers then, whilst the big winners here at present would appear to be the TOP group:

If you voted Leave and Labour on the other hand? - How do YOU feel right now?

Boris - has got the consent of the Third group above, with over 100 of his MPs, and thus his entire majority having voted Remain in the referendum BUT now support their Prime Minister to leave the EU in any way he sees fit.

That’s the question I put to my own MP, a Remainer Tory, and in the end - I was able to back him at this election, because he had clearly given his consent for Brexit to now take place, no ifs, no buts.

“Would you support Boris Johnson if he now tore up his oven-ready deal, and decided to push for a WTO Brexit instead by January 31st?”
“I support my prime minister in whatever he wants to do next.”

Hardly surprising that he’s now increased his majority by around 5000 then, my vote among them… :unamused:

100 Remainer MPs who’ve thus given “loser’s consent”, with the Remainer die-hards already kicked out of the party…

Interesting times ahead then!

Why the big need for certainty? All of life is a bit of a gamble, though humans don’t generally like to admit that it is all chaos.

Maybe you will be married and celebrate your 60th wedding anniversary; maybe tonight you will find out that Bill next door is more friendly with your wife than you realised.

Maybe whilst puffing away on 60 a day and downing a bottle of vodka your genes are such that at 90 you will be still at home fully compos mentis; maybe at 44 you will find that cancer doesn’t care that you ate 5 portions and ran every day.

Maybe you will drive a dustcart and miss that elusive Euro gig but never understand why…

Maybe Brexit will work out, maybe it won’t (personally I think nothing much will change in terms of the economy in the long term, though nice to see share are riding particularly high at the moment). Maybe the EU will have a long history, maybe all the other people in various countries that are discontent with the EU will walk away. There are plenty of French, Finnish, Italians, Poles etc that would like to leave.

I think I’m more comfortable with uncertainty than many, no one in their right mind starts a haulage company if they like certainty.

I also think the current situation, not just in the UK, has highlighted how far away the EU is from compromise. I think I’m right in saying that had the EU reined in their superstate ambitions and being more like the trading bloc that we thought we had signed up to in the 70s, they wouldn’t have half the trouble they have now.

Franglais:
Really?
Has someone hacked your account?

Errr…nobody’s hacked my account mate, but somebody’s definitely misquoted my post. :neutral_face:
I never used the word ‘‘Trust’’…‘‘Let those who know sort it’’ were my actual words.
The only people I ‘trust’ are my wife, most members of my family, and a couple of mates. :bulb: …certainly NOT any politician. :bulb:

albion:
Why the big need for certainty? All of life is a bit of a gamble, though humans don’t generally like to admit that it is all chaos.

Maybe you will be married and celebrate your 60th wedding anniversary; maybe tonight you will find out that Bill next door is more friendly with your wife than you realised.

Maybe whilst puffing away on 60 a day and downing a bottle of vodka your genes are such that at 90 you will be still at home fully compos mentis; maybe at 44 you will find that cancer doesn’t care that you ate 5 portions and ran every day.

Maybe you will drive a dustcart and miss that elusive Euro gig but never understand why…

Maybe Brexit will work out, maybe it won’t (personally I think nothing much will change in terms of the economy in the long term, though nice to see share are riding particularly high at the moment). Maybe the EU will have a long history, maybe all the other people in various countries that are discontent with the EU will walk away. There are plenty of French, Finnish, Italians, Poles etc that would like to leave.

I think I’m more comfortable with uncertainty than many, no one in their right mind starts a haulage company if they like certainty.

I also think the current situation, not just in the UK, has highlighted how far away the EU is from compromise. I think I’m right in saying that had the EU reined in their superstate ambitions and being more like the trading bloc that we thought we had signed up to in the 70s, they wouldn’t have half the trouble they have now.

^^^^^^^^ This 100%

It’s like a new relationship, bin off the lying, cheating, scheming, and extravagant ex who takes all your money and freedom, and tries to rule your life…and have a fresh start with somebody else.
Why do these ■■■■ remainer/remoaners always monger doom, gloom, and negativity all the time, :unamused: lighten up ffs.
And if Boris and his mates make a complete Horlicks of it, so what?.. it can’t be any ■■■■ worse as it has been under an EU dictatorship with all the crap that brought over the last few years.

robroy:

Franglais:
Really?
Has someone hacked your account?

Errr…nobody’s hacked my account mate, but somebody’s definitely misquoted my post. :neutral_face:
I never used the word ‘‘Trust’’…‘‘Let those who know sort it’’ were my actual words.
The only people I ‘trust’ are my wife, most members of my family, and a couple of mates. :bulb: …certainly NOT any politician. :bulb:

You’re right, I did misquote. Sorry.
But who DOES know? No One.
As Albion says none of us can foresee the future. We are dealing in possible outcomes.
No-one KNOWs what will happen next because is so complicated, no one can work out everything.

I wonder at times if it isn’t so much about Left/Right Leave/Remain or British/Foreign - but rather “Rulable/Ungovernable” among the entire population.

We can see everything done - laid out before our very eyes.

It has become far harder for the “casual liars” professions of Lawyer, Politician, and Captain of Industry to get away with murder any longer.

All three of the above - will lie and cheat to “maintain their position” if not to prosper outright.
Perhaps the Business environment has become so harsh these days that this “Statecraft” is required of one - merely to keep one’s head above water.

What Lawyer wants to be jailed for representing an obviously-guilty pariah for example?
What politician wants to be voted OUT over Lies said OF them rather than BY them?
What Business owner wants to be brought down by some claim that was never their fault to begin with, but the system demands one’s back teeth to be poverbially extracted over nonetheless?

(Eg. A intruder in the yard falls into a machine and gets killed - the FIRM gets sued and STAFF at that firm might end up being jailed or losing their jobs over something that started out as a "crime perpetuated by NO one associated with the firm at ALL)

Blame Blame Blame - is the name of the game.

We’ve yet to have a new system of rule that brings blame to those actually responsible for setting up the “criminal deed” alas.
Until then, “Democracy” and “The Tories” are the best of a bad bunch of choices, fully-flawed as they ALL are.