A9 Perth-Inverness

Anybody heading up this way watch your speeds.The camera vans are out in force on the dual and single parts.So makes you wonder if the average cameras are on or just for show just a heads up for anyone heading that way.

Colin_scottish:
Anybody heading up this way watch your speeds.The camera vans are out in force on the dual and single parts.So makes you wonder if the average cameras are on or just for show just a heads up for anyone heading that way.

Well if you just stick to the speed limit why worry? It is 50mph (Scottish trial and dispensation on the single carriageway sections) so for most trucks that’s 52 on the clock and 50 actual speed. Unless you are the Uncaringcowboy in which case 56 mph is too slow.

Tbh you very rarely get a clean run as most car drivers seem to think 50 = 45 so what’s the point in speeding on this stretch. You don’t gain much.

As the A9 dualling enters its next phase there are northbound roadworks near Bankfoot.

Good road with the added bonus of stunning scenery. Makes you glad to be alive.

I’m up and down that section all the time but in a car and I do find it a much more relaxing drive with the cameras there, just stick the speed limiter on and toodle along knowing you will get to your destination eventually, but did get caught recently by a camera van when I was doing 94 on a dualed bit … :frowning:

The average speed cameras and 50 mph is only for commercial vehicles. Cars are not affected the usual 60mph on single and 70 on dual carriageways still applies to them.