A75 scotland 40mph!

the nodding donkey:

Old Scuffer:
Now I know how much it irritates “Adonis Supertrucker” next time I’m up there I’ll make sure I sit at 40 and take in the scenery!!

Remember, it’s a limit, not a target.

I’m aware it’s a limit, hence why I have a clean licence, an no matter who’s nudging my back doors, it’ll be staying clean with no SP codes added.

harrawaffa:
Or you could have just pulled into a lay-by and let them past rather than impeding the flow of traffic. You must have had some size of queue behind you at that speed and a clear road ahead? Surely hinting to the fact that you’re the problem. Doing 40 on the 75 will gain more unwanted attention than sitting on the limiter will.
Someone will always flash you if there are some baddies round the next bend so don’t worry just keep it flat to the mat.

Stiil no apology for your ridiculous comment on fuel spillage and here you are ranting on about drivers sticking to the limit. You have a lot to learn fella.

what happens when trolls start feeding themselves?
the monkeys look well happy though.
no doubt there not agency otherwise they would all be wearing hiviz lidl bags.
must be some shift of a night trunk their doing treble manned. :slight_smile:

Olog Hai:

robroy:

Olog Hai:
Given that you have stated in the past that you have no issue with deliberately pulling in early to force another driver either to brake or onto the hard shoulder.

Now why does that not surprise me, …and presumably everybody else on here. :unamused:

Like you’ve said before, they are car drivers who have somehow fluked their way into obtaining a heavy goods ticket. That’s why you see so many wagons being driven like cars. There’s just no other possible explanation.

Trouble is it’s not a fluke. The test is far too simple, a basic test the same as a car test is. Like the car test after passing is when you start to learn but as we see from our appalling driving standards very few do that. The just develop into bad drivers and ignore anything they do not like to do. Selfish ignorant clowns.

Dr Damon:

harrawaffa:
Or you could have just pulled into a lay-by and let them past rather than impeding the flow of traffic. You must have had some size of queue behind you at that speed and a clear road ahead? Surely hinting to the fact that you’re the problem. Doing 40 on the 75 will gain more unwanted attention than sitting on the limiter will.
Someone will always flash you if there are some baddies round the next bend so don’t worry just keep it flat to the mat.

Stiil no apology for your ridiculous comment on fuel spillage and here you are ranting on about drivers sticking to the limit. You have a lot to learn fella.

Certainly not going to learn anything from you or your 4 alter egos.

Dr Damon:

Wheel Nut:
Tossers mate, the job was better when the A74 was 40mph too

Yeah used it all the time in the 70’s and early 80’s although they were fairly hot on speeding lorries then as well but not with stupid cameras. Patrol cars that noticed the idiots and pulled them in.
There was an accident around then involving a lorry where a police officer was killed and after that for a long time they were ready to pounce.Bring them back to take the clowns off the road I say.

As you say ,job far better then, far less idiots and proper lorries. :smiley:

Stop telling lies, you ring licking creep.

A.

Adonis.:

Dr Damon:

Wheel Nut:
Tossers mate, the job was better when the A74 was 40mph too

Yeah used it all the time in the 70’s and early 80’s although they were fairly hot on speeding lorries then as well but not with stupid cameras. Patrol cars that noticed the idiots and pulled them in.
There was an accident around then involving a lorry where a police officer was killed and after that for a long time they were ready to pounce.Bring them back to take the clowns off the road I say.

As you say ,job far better then, far less idiots and proper lorries. :smiley:

Stop telling lies, you ring licking creep.

A.

Your intelligent comments blow me away fella. :unamused:

harrawaffa:

Dr Damon:

harrawaffa:

Certainly not going to learn anything from you or your 4 alter egos.

I would bet you aint gonna learn from anyone with your attitude!

Adonis.:
Get the foot down or get out of the way. I bet you put it up to the limiter on the dual carriageway sections too, why speed there but not anywhere else?

If you want to do the limit, fine, but be prepared to stop in every layby to let the miles of traffic behind you clear, simple. Its called not being a wee snivveling beano fanny.

What’s it got to do with you how fast someone else is going anyway?

Just get out the way, you irritant, is what I’m saying.

A.

So you can wipe some innocent driver out further down the road, because that’s what will happen one day. :imp: :imp:

Dr Damon:
So you can wipe some innocent driver out further down the road, because that’s what will happen one day. :imp: :imp:

No it won’t, you lying fantasist.

A.

Well I’m not particularly bothered at what speed others do, if they’re slower than me I deal with it, if they’re faster than me I deal with it. What’s really bothering me though is the Scottish government! I don’t do nearly enough runs to Scotland nowadays but having watched Braveheart and Trainspotting both more than once I consider myself to be Scottish in spirit, so how can the contradictory barmpots in charge exhibit such glaring double standards as having the A9 where it’s perfectly legal to roll along at 50mph whereas another perfectly safe s/c has a limit 20% lower on it?

Methinks it’s just them getting all uppity and refusing to do what Longshanks’s people are doing!

the maoster:
Well I’m not particularly bothered at what speed others do, if they’re slower than me I deal with it, if they’re faster than me I deal with it. What’s really bothering me though is the Scottish government! I don’t do nearly enough runs to Scotland nowadays but having watched Braveheart and Trainspotting both more than once I consider myself to be Scottish in spirit, so how can the contradictory barmpots in charge exhibit such glaring double standards as having the A9 where it’s perfectly legal to roll along at 50mph whereas another perfectly safe s/c has a limit 20% lower on it?

Methinks it’s just them getting all uppity and refusing to do what Longshanks’s people are doing!

Jings ,crivens and help ma boab maoster trust you…

Much as I am proud to be Scottish I am about as embarrassed at Sturgeon & co as I am with the Scots contingent on here! She is as bad if not worse than her predecessor and I think you have probably hit the nail on the heed about the limits!

However I cant say the crowd south of the border are much better. :smiley:

If every driver was to stick to the speed limit then I believe that it would be raised.

The Scottish government currently have the best of both worlds. Most lorries maintaining the sensible English/Welsh limits in order to make progress, and a fair amount of revenue from the ones they catch doing so.

A75 is a walk in the park compared to the coal lorries that use to keep er lit on the A70-A71, CB on ch7 listen and tag along, not for the weak and feint harted, when front door says go, you go. Or running south from Peterhead and fraserburgh, when the fish boyo’s light em up, CB on ch4 and elbows in,. Showing 89km, doing 100km, the good days.

the maoster:
having watched Braveheart and Trainspotting both more than once I consider myself to be Scottish in spirit,

A worthy application and we welcome you to the fold adoptive brother.
However to fully pass a Scottish citizenship test, you need to have performed at least 80% of the following -

• Shouted “errapolis” as two of your mates have a square go outside a nightclub at 4am
  • Know what a “square go” is
  • Said “Whats all this green ■■■■ on my plate? Wheres the fried stuff?” (Asking a waiter to substitute your veg for chips also counts)
  • Drank a full 2L bottle of Irn Bru in under an hour
  • Refuse to acknowledge diet irn bru as “real”
  • Have had someone ask what school you go to and straight away know they actually want to know what team you support
  • Left a house party at 2am carrying a microwave and claiming you brought it with you
  • Went mental at a party after bringing 12 cans, drinking 2, giving one away but finding out theres only 8 left
  • Tried to chat up a female police officer. After shes just arrested you
  • Shouted “Taps aff” and went ■■■■■■■ 3 seconds after the sun shines, despite the temperature still being in single figures
    -You consider scattered showers as “not bad weather today”
  • You use the word “how?” instead of “Why?”
  • When the national team plays a country with a team of part timers from a foreign land with a population of less than 2000, you fill with dread as you know Scotland will probably get beat
  • When Scotland are winning 2 nil at half time, you say “well 2 each wont be a bad result I suppose”
  • Youve been called “a dafty” by a ned
  • Youve told someone a haggis is a wild animal
  • Youve had an argument with a shop keeper in England and demanded that Scottish money is legal tender (bonus points if you did this whilst fully aware that it actually isnt)

the maoster:
, so how can the contradictory barmpots in charge exhibit such glaring double standards as having the A9 where it’s perfectly legal to roll along at 50mph

I think you will find its 56 all the way from Perth to Inverness now, at least thats what everyone seems to sit at and then it turns into the A75 as the supermarket boys sit at 48 and everyone wants to be passed them , anyway thats an argument for another day :smiley:

Judehamish:
If every driver was to stick to the speed limit then I believe that it would be raised.

The Scottish government currently have the best of both worlds. Most lorries maintaining the sensible English/Welsh limits in order to make progress, and a fair amount of revenue from the ones they catch doing so.

All revenue from fines goes straight to westminster, so in fairness to the scot gov there is no financial benefit in enforcing, in fact the opposite, the scot gov pays for the policing, administration and collection of the fines, but the fines are paid straight into westminsters coffers -

I contacted the snp / scot gov last year regarding the 40mph, it doesn’t even seem to be on the agenda, they may consider more 50 av speed zones like A9 on some major roads, but following england for a NSL 50 is something they don’t even seem to be thinking of.

The-Snowman:

the maoster:
having watched Braveheart and Trainspotting both more than once I consider myself to be Scottish in spirit,

A worthy application and we welcome you to the fold adoptive brother.
However to fully pass a Scottish citizenship test, you need to have performed at least 80% of the following -

• Shouted “errapolis” as two of your mates have a square go outside a nightclub at 4am
  • Know what a “square go” is
  • Said “Whats all this green [zb] on my plate? Wheres the fried stuff?” (Asking a waiter to substitute your veg for chips also counts)
  • Drank a full 2L bottle of Irn Bru in under an hour
  • Refuse to acknowledge diet irn bru as “real”
  • Have had someone ask what school you go to and straight away know they actually want to know what team you support
  • Left a house party at 2am carrying a microwave and claiming you brought it with you
  • Went mental at a party after bringing 12 cans, drinking 2, giving one away but finding out theres only 8 left
  • Tried to chat up a female police officer. After shes just arrested you
  • Shouted “Taps aff” and went ■■■■■■■ 3 seconds after the sun shines, despite the temperature still being in single figures
    -You consider scattered showers as “not bad weather today”
  • You use the word “how?” instead of “Why?”
  • When the national team plays a country with a team of part timers from a foreign land with a population of less than 2000, you fill with dread as you know Scotland will probably get beat
  • When Scotland are winning 2 nil at half time, you say “well 2 each wont be a bad result I suppose”
  • Youve been called “a dafty” by a ned
  • Youve told someone a haggis is a wild animal
  • Youve had an argument with a shop keeper in England and demanded that Scottish money is legal tender (bonus points if you did this whilst fully aware that it actually isnt)

And if you know how to quote Kevin Bridges :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

So either:

Adonis.:
Get the foot down or get out of the way. I bet you put it up to the limiter on the dual carriageway sections too, why speed there but not anywhere else?

If you want to do the limit, fine, but be prepared to stop in every layby to let the miles of traffic behind you clear, simple. Its called not being a wee snivveling beano fanny.

A.

Your boss has given you an impossible job and you don’t have the nuts to tell him so you lube up, break the law and drive dangerously because you don’t want to disappoint.

Or

Adonis.:
I get paid more than you.

My boss doesn’t tell me to speed, I do it because I’m not sitting hours and hours waiting for a boat, mess up an entire weeks worth of work just because some beano who can’t drive won’t get the foot down.

A.

You’re carving the job up.

Captain Caveman 76:
So either:

Adonis.:

A.

Your boss has given you an impossible job and you don’t have the nuts to tell him so you lube up, break the law and drive dangerously because you don’t want to disappoint.

Or

Adonis.:
I get paid more than you.

My boss doesn’t tell me to speed, I do it because I’m not sitting hours and hours waiting for a boat, mess up an entire weeks worth of work just because some beano who can’t drive won’t get the foot down.

A.

You’re carving the job up.

Glad someone else is thinking the same as me Captain. In all honesty I have a lot of respect for young new drivers because a lot seem to take the job seriously and make an effort to be professional.
Then you get the selfish types that could not care about anyone but themselves and do not seem bright enough to realise they are ruining it for everyone. It’s also them that has the general public despising us. :imp: :imp: :imp: